Online Blue Card after purchasing 75 pts direct

We are back to white too. :sad2: I cannot call until a bit later. Now, every time I login and just see our points are still there I am relieved.

I will report back after I talk with them later. I wonder if this is happening to everyone when they add on direct after resale?

As a software engineer, this is absolutely baffling to me. This should not be a hard problem. Simply mark a member as receiving direct benefits or not. It should never change. Incredible really.

As a software engineer, this is absolutely baffling to me. This should not be a hard problem. Simply mark a member as receiving direct benefits or not. It should never change. Incredible really.
Yeah I mean why is it automatically changing back to the white card after 24 hours anyway? Ours was blue last night as of when I checked it after dinner and now this morning it reverted back to white. Strange

Just called and they fixed it again. They said that they would also send a note to tech so that hopefully it would not happen again. I guess the test will be tomorrow. Honestly, I will be very surprised if it is still blue tomorrow, but I suppose they will eventually fix it permanently so we'll see.

Maybe since I have a white online card, my online card might know be blue?:teeth:

It is white again!!!! o_O

Anyone have any advice?
Oh my goodness. I was just coming on here to ask if yours was still blue and saw your post. This is crazy. We didn't even bother calling yesterday. I wonder what makes it change back to white? Like does it change right after midnight? Very strange. Hopefully someone will chime in that had the same problem at some point and got it fixed. :mad:

It is white again!!!! o_O

Anyone have any advice?
Don't call, email instead - you'll have a written response & record. Do it every time. :)

Might take awhile, but eventually they'll figure it out. Unfortunately, I doubt they think this is a high priority to fix compared to some of the other issues they've had lately.

I wonder if maybe because the official closing hasn't happened yet? We too sent our paperwork back this week. I know I'm probably grasping at straws here but...

Don't call, email instead - you'll have a written response & record. Do it every time. :)

Might take awhile, but eventually they'll figure it out. Unfortunately, I doubt they think this is a high priority to fix compared to some of the other issues they've had lately.
Good idea. I will do that now.

That's a good idea. We're gonna try that as well

They said it should be blue right when the qualifying direct contract shows up in the account. The only insight they have given me is that the account is confused because we have resale. I was thinking thanks for the high level analysis, but I never say anything forceful or nasty to customer service people. Dh says I need to be more forceful, so I tell him he should call but apparently he is too busy. Lol. I think the email route is a good idea and will try that today instead of calling. I do wonder if this is a system wide problem or only affects certain customers, maybe certain ones after a certain date or certain resorts. We also have 2 resale, not sure if that impacts it. Dh is not in IT but does work with it and says (like stewart715) it should be an incredibly easy fix (he said if a then b) and when I told him this morning that it was white he said it was unbelievable. Ugh. I hate dealing with this stuff.

We've never emailed them for anything before. Do they get back to you same day or like within 24 hours?

We've never emailed them for anything before. Do they get back to you same day or like within 24 hours?
You usually get an auto response indicating that they received your email. (I use the members' website "contact us" link). For the actual resolution, it depends. I've only emailed re adding requests or names to reservations. Responses reporting done can take 24 - 4 or 5 days depending on how busy the phones are at that time. But I like having the email that details what I wanted and what they did. No idea how long it will take to get a response on IT issues. Main idea here is for them to get enough written complaints for them to escalate a fix. Probably won't result in a quick permanent fix for individuals. But unless you are going soon or need to purchase a GOLD pass, a quick response wouldn't be necessary.

You usually get an auto response indicating that they received your email. (I use the members' website "contact us" link). For the actual resolution, it depends. I've only emailed re adding requests or names to reservations. Responses reporting done can take 24 - 4 or 5 days depending on how busy the phones are at that time. But I like having the email that details what I wanted and what they did. No idea how long it will take to get a response on IT issues. Main idea here is for them to get enough written complaints for them to escalate a fix. Probably won't result in a quick permanent fix for individuals. But unless you are going soon or need to purchase a GOLD pass, a quick response wouldn't be necessary.

I have not received the auto response confirming receipt. I even sent it a second time to be sure it was sent. I have never emailed dvc, but I have emailed dcl a few times and have received the confirm receipt email right away, so I know what you mean. A little pop up did say something like thank you a cast member will contact you soon, so hopefully it went through. I sent dh a copy of my email and he said not forceful enough. Lol. Oh well.

I have not received the auto response confirming receipt. I even sent it a second time to be sure it was sent. I have never emailed dvc, but I have emailed dcl a few times and have received the confirm receipt email right away, so I know what you mean. A little pop up did say something like thank you a cast member will contact you soon, so hopefully it went through. I sent dh a copy of my email and he said not forceful enough. Lol. Oh well.
We didn't get the auto response either. My husband called and was on phone with them for about a half hour and they did change it back to blue. The person he talked with said it's because of everything they are uploading onto the site for Riviera and that it should settle down in the next week or so with the website problems. Lol I expect it to be white again tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter