Ongoing resort debate

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
I know this has been debated endlessly for the WDW resorts but can´t remember seeing a thread for the DL resorts. So why not start one now? :rotfl:

Can we not stay in a standard room with two double beds at the DL resort if we are 2 adults and 4 kids (1 of them is a baby)? I know we can fit into the room, but I don´t think we´re allowed to.

The website say I need to call if we are a group of more than five.

I really, really want to stay at this hotel in April but can´t afford to pay for a suite. What are my chances???

They won't let you do that. Disney hotels always ask for the names of the people in your party, so you can't get away with extra people in the room like you can at other hotels. You'll have to get a suite or 2 rooms. The Grand Californian has a bunk bed room which fits 5, but I'm not sure if they will allow 6-they may with a crib, but they might charge for the extra person. You will need to call the hotel and ask. I'm not sure about the Disneyland hotel or Paradise hotel. There are many, many hotels offsite, though that are close to the resort, if it doesn't work out for you to stay onsite. :)

Unfortunately, even the baby counts toward room occupancy in Disneyland. :(

Many other hotels other than Disney have this practice. I have been turned down getting ressies at many, many hotels. Seattle, Wa has an ordinance about occupancy. I am not sure about other places.

Jack pirate:

It's a law in Anaheim that unless you are staying in a suite, the most you can have in a room is 5, and at the Candy Cane Inn it is 4 people, including babies.

Your next option is to book two rooms and request connecting.

Just asking - do you have to give them all of the names - once everyone starts coming and going, do they pay attention??

MAGICFOR2 said:
Just asking - do you have to give them all of the names - once everyone starts coming and going, do they pay attention??
There is no one asking for ID or room keys when headed to the rooms.
And not everyone is required at the front desk during check in.

I agree, I will probably get told off, but if you need to do it, I would! No one there has ever asked me for the names of my children when they went if they were under 3. They have never asked for my infants name, and we have been three times. Your other kids are kindaa older, where my oldest was born in 2000, so there's no way I would feel comfortable even with adjoining rooms. Have fun!

I don't wanna sound rude, I know the whole rules are rules spiel, but I work front desk in Las Vegas, and after one person checks in, we would never, ever know how many people you had in your room!

We stayed at the DLH in December of 2004. I booked a package for 5 and then my cousin decided to go with us. She bought her tickets seperatley and stayed in our room. The room had two queens and a day bed. There was only one bathroom, but we never had and issue with the 6 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter