[COMPLETE] One, Two, Three, Four, Five... Do we make it out alive? -- Jan 2019 TR FINAL UPDATE 9/10/19

Day 2 Part 5 -- Going the Distance
We made our way into Main Street, U.S.A. for a classic dinner of Hot Dogs and Corn Dog Nuggets.

Yum, for sure. The pianist was playing outside and entertaining children whilst we waited. Cast members are so amazing because those kids would have gotten on my nerves. Disney ducks also joined us for dinner and they were quaking quite enthusiastically. I enjoyed my dinner greatly.
We decided to get some sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom cards and we played for a while, which I didn't photograph because it's a little boring to take photos of someone holding up a playing card in front of a wall.
We then secured another fast pass and rode Pirates of the Caribbean with it. The fast pass was really unneeded since the wait was only like 5 minutes, but whatever!

Posing as though we are deeeeep in thought.
Now we made our way BACK to Main St. to watch the castle shows. We settled in a great spot with no visual obstructions and the guests in front of us were very respectful and didn't hoist their children on top of their shoulders. We had an amazing view.

The castle exploded into light and life for the Once Upon a Time projection show.
Then it was time for the main event, Happily Ever After.

Yay(?) for the sexy Aladdin portion of the show with the belly dancers. Kind of weird, actually.

This portion of the show with the floating lanterns from Tangled... :sad: Beautiful!

I love the part where they show all the Disney heroes in the stained glass on the castle. If I remember right, it comes after the song "I can go the distance" from Hercules and that is one of my favorite Disney songs, if not my all time number 1.

This was a great viewing of the fireworks show! And we didn't even have to get there that early to grab our spot!
We ran over to Haunted Mansion for our second daunting journey on this ride.
Then, for something a little more light-hearted:

Love my Dumbo!

I asked Jacob to get my picture posing in the ride vehicle and this is what he got. Smh. I did not see the picture until much later and I feel like I learned my lesson to make sure I review all photos he takes to make sure the photo contains the entirety of the subject of the photo.
Then, to round out our evening, we took a spin on the teacups!

I loved this photo! It looks so dreamy, just like Fantasyland!
Then we headed out of the park to get some much needed rest as I was still not feeling 100% well from my cold.

Last edited:
Oh jealous! Every time I eat there we get seated in the main room. The SEA room looks so cool!
I feel like we got really lucky to be seated back there because I've never been the kind of person to request those things. If they hadn't seated us there on their own, we would have never seen it!

That sounds amazing!! And now I’m hungry...
Of course I didn't get a picture of the best part of the meal, but I'm glad that my description made you hungry anyway! LOL.

Fun day! Those are incredible HEA pictures, and a great view for just sneaking in at the last minute.
This first day was one of the most Magical Disney Days ever for sure! My husband took all of the HEA pictures, so all credit to him for the great shots and for letting me watch without having to hold the camera. I feel like we got double or triple lucky with having good views of all the shows and parades we watched that day!

ETA: :welcome: Thanks for reading my report so far!

I recommend the swirl because it adds a little extra sweetness to cut through some of the acidity of the pineapple and its still especially refreshing!
YES! The swirl is the best. Come at me, Dole Whip purists.

While I may look like I'm putting the effort in, my score was terrible and I do blame it on my gun whose button was a little broken.
Your intense concentration face made me lol :rotfl2:

Posing as though we are deeeeep in thought.
Hey, at least you're in like the one spot on that boat where you can see who is in the picture--the whole rest of the boat is always in the shadows. Blech. They need to find a better spot for the picture.

Now we made our way BACK to Main St. to watch the castle shows. We settled in a great spot with no visual obstructions and the guests in front of us were very respectful and didn't hoist their children on top of their shoulders. We had an amazing view.
You did get an amazing spot! I love it!

This portion of the show with the floating lanterns from Tangled... :sad: Beautiful!
I think this is my favorite projection part. It's *so gorgeous*!

I love the part where they show all the Disney heroes in the stained glass on the castle. If I remember right, it comes after the song "I can go the distance" from Hercules and that is one of my favorite Disney songs, if not my all time number 1.
:love::love::love: this part!

What a fun MK day! You guys were able to do so much!

YES! The swirl is the best. Come at me, Dole Whip purists.
LOL! :cool2:
Hey, at least you're in like the one spot on that boat where you can see who is in the picture--the whole rest of the boat is always in the shadows. Blech. They need to find a better spot for the picture.
I totally agree. I think the boat ride photos are weird anyway because you get like 15 people you don't know in the picture too.

Day 3 Part 1 -- Fresh Salsa
We woke up in the morning, ready to get an early start at Epcot for a pre-park opening breakfast reservation at Garden Grill. Our reservation time was 8:35, but we made it to the park at 7:45 ish and we were permitted immediately to head back to the Land pavilion. Once there, we were seated and our friends began to make their way to our table right away.

First up, we met Pluto!

He was really cute, actually and we had a cute discussion of what life is like on the farm. :P
Then Mickey came.

His farm clothes were really cute!
At this point, our first "course" came out, Chip's Sticky Bun and fresh fruit!

You'll see also that I got some POG juice, which is Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava. It is a truly superior breakfast beverage and I am super pleased that I had the chance to finally try it! I wish I could have it every morning! I'm not a fan of orange juice by itself, so I really liked having a different breakfast juice option.
Chip came around next.

I asked him if he had been causing any trouble for Mickey and Pluto on the farm and he asserted that he had not been and seemed to imply that Dale was the trouble maker between the two of them. . .

Dale told me that Chip was a liar. LOL.
Now we had our skillet which we promptly dug into.

They served the Mickey waffles with a nutella-ish sauce which was lovely, as nutella usually is. And the tater-tots and eggs were served with fresh salsa, made from ingredients grown in the Land pavilion. The salsa was AMAZING. A little spicy and VERY fresh tasting. It was perfect on the eggs and tater tots and was perhaps my favorite aspect of the meal. I would highly recommend this breakfast to anyone. It was filling and had great variety and the character interaction is pretty good. If you can get a PPO reservation like we had, you'll probably get to see the characters more than once. I was able to tell Mickey on his second time at our table how much I appreciated the farm fresh salsa and I could tell Pluto what Chip and Dale had said. AND best of all, we were out of Garden Grill and in line for Soarin' at 8:40!

Yum! I’m living vicariously through your meals (I’m dieting now).

I think Chip is the troublemaker. He looks like he up to no good,

Following along now!

We were at Disney 1/10-1/19 and were at the same parks as you on the same days so far, we even ate at Skipper Canteen and Garden Grill! So funny!

You may be able to tell from these photos that the Christmas decorations weren't quite down yet, which actually kind of disappointed and annoyed me. I'm pretty strict about Christmas decor. I permit putting them up as early as one's heart desires, as long as it's after Halloween, but after New Year's day, I want them down. I think it's tacky to leave them up...

I feel the same way! I'm a strict Thanksgiving-New Years on anything Christmas. Our last trip was in early November and I was super annoyed by the Christmas decorations then, so I booked January this time and they were still up. :mad:

But when the doors burst open it was none other than Donald and Goofy! I was so delighted to see them swing open the doors.

That is such a fun surprise!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

You'll see also that I got some POG juice, which is Passion Fruit, Orange, and Guava. It is a truly superior breakfast beverage and I am super pleased that I had the chance to finally try it! I wish I could have it every morning! I'm not a fan of orange juice by itself, so I really liked having a different breakfast juice option.

I didn't know you could get POG juice at Garden Grill! Oh well, guess I have to go back. That food looks delicious. And such cute pics with the characters! :)

Yum! I’m living vicariously through your meals (I’m dieting now).

I think Chip is the troublemaker. He looks like he up to no good,
LOL. I am constantly living through other people's food pictures on here!

What a nice breakfast! That cinnamon roll looks delicious.
It was!!!!

Our last trip was in early November and I was super annoyed by the Christmas decorations then, so I booked January this time and they were still up. :mad:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Thanks!

I didn't know you could get POG juice at Garden Grill! Oh well, guess I have to go back. That food looks delicious. And such cute pics with the characters! :)
Yes, you should definitely go back! The POG is wonderful!

I am having breakfast there next month. Can’t wait
You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!