[COMPLETE] One, Two, Three, Four, Five... Do we make it out alive? -- Jan 2019 TR FINAL UPDATE 9/10/19

Day 8 Part 3 -- The Fifth and Final Ride on Haunted Mansion
We kept walking all over the place, and eventually ended up on Main Street when I decided I needed desperately an ice cream sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. But the Move It! Shake It! Mousekedance It! parade was bustling by and there was no way across, so we watched the parade.

But the parade did eventually end and we got our ice cream. I do not recall what Jacob got, but I got the All-American sundae and it was amazing! The peanut butter sauce might have changed my life.
Like any good, responsible adult, we got dinner after our dessert and chose to do so at Pecos Bill's. Now the sun was down and it was sufficiently dark outside.

We got one fajita plate to share and it was pretty good and satisfying.
Now, Happily Ever After was going to start and we decided to make a dash to get in line for Haunted Mansion, hoping that the fireworks would draw people away from the rides. But the line was still somewhat long, so we heard the music from the show and saw some of the bursts.

And with that, we made it for a 5th ride on the Haunted Mansion, and yet again, survived without becoming the thousandth and thousand and first haunts to reside within the ride.
We had made a fastpass at 8:05 for Splash Mountain, but it was cancelled and we got an anytime fastpass, which we were quite pleased about, since on a chilly night in January, a Splash fastpass wasn't exactly necessary.
So we went standby for Big Thunder Mountain, thinking by the time we got off, maybe Splash would be back up and running.

We waited about 40 minutes for BTMRR and made use of the queue diversions to pass the time. I think the posted time was inaccurate, but it was okay. I decided on this trip to like Big Thunder Mountain after all. The more I ride it, the more I think I like it.
By the time we got off of BTMRR, Splash was indeed back up and running and the line wasn't too bad.

After about 30 minutes of a wait and 12 minutes of a ride, we were off, not too wet either.
And now it was time to walk all the way across the park to use our fastpass. And it was time to complete the 3 mountain trifecta at Space Mountain. It was about 10 o'clock at this time.

Jacob made such a goofy face (on purpose) that these teenagers were making fun of it at the photo pass area! Hahaha! It was great when we walked up right behind them as they were pointing and laughing.
Now we decided on one more ride for the night, redemption from the night before. Seven Dwarves Mine Train!
The posted wait was 95 minutes, but it was more like 40.

It almost started to sprinkle on us, but it changed its mind and stayed dry for us to get off the ride. Now the park was officially closed.
We pressed a few pennies... got a few photos...

And we headed out of the park.

We went back to the resort, paid off our room charges, picked up our final packages, packed up all our stuff, and went to bed at about 1:20. We woke up to catch our Magical Express which arrived at 3:40, so all told we got about 90 minutes of sleep.
We got a rescheduled flight and made it home to Cincinnati about an hour earlier than we were originally supposed to.
And with that. It was all over.

So, takeaways from this trip?

If we go back to WDW ever again, I'd want to go with my brother again. I missed him this trip and while it was nice to be with just Jacob, it was honestly more fun to have my brother with me. We always travel the 3 of us when we go to amusement parks.

Some of the restaurants were not quite as good as I had remembered them. BOG, Ohana... they were good, but my memory had built them up a little too much. If we ever go back, I want to make sure I keep trying new places.

I hope to go back to WDW someday, but I'm not in any rush now. Last trip ended and I was just itching to go back, but after a 2nd grown-up trip, I'm feeling plenty content with my WDW experiences and am ready to try something new next time we take a big trip! I've got no plans for now, but thinking of places we might enjoy!

Thanks to everyone for reading and keeping up with this trip! Many apologies that this report took nearly 8 months to complete, but I'm happy to have shared it all with you!

I enjoyed your TR. Was happy to find a January one, as we'll be going in January, 2020 (for the first time in January), so I'm curious to hear others' January experiences. Looks like I need to pack warm clothing for the nights, though! Thanks again for your post--I enjoyed your adventures.

I got all caught up! I hadn't been on the Dis for a while, so that's my own fault. anyways...i went a bit crazy with the multiquote...
We rode TriceraTop Spin, which was my first time, and then we got our first complimentary ice cream Mickey premium bar and pop corn. And it was time for the real party to start. There was a DJ in Dinoland and I got to dance with Chip and Dale, practically by myself since there really wasn't anyone else back there. This was a true highlight of the whole trip. Even though it was freezing outside, the ice cream and the dancing... It was so fun! Not to mention, we were dancing to an old school Jonas Brothers song💓, (and this was before they announced their reunion.)
Yay! After Hours is magical for just these types of magical moments. Glad you had a fun time :D

We had a truly magical moment! I had only ever seen the fastpass queue for FOP and have never seen stand-by. They were just sending everyone through the fastpass line for the after hours event, but I asked the CM at the front of the line if we could go through and see it and she gave us a walk-through tour of it! She told us a fun fact: they took the streams of water out from the queue because people were peeing into it! Gross! But I was so happy to see the stand-by queue! It was quite a walk! And I finally got to see this dude in person!
Awesome! That standby queue is amazing; I'm so glad you got to see it. Also, peeing in the streams? Gross. People.

We arrived early for our reservation and Be Our Guest wasn't even open yet! There was a bit of fanfare outside and one guest in particular was incredibly exuberant. He said bonjour to everyone and they were happy to greet him. I wasn't quite awake enough for all that yet.
Bummer that the hours change messed up your PPO breakfast. Also yea--sometimes I get up at Disney all psyched like that guy and sometimes I'm just like "too early; calm it down dude".

While Rapunzel is in my favorite Princess movie, I think Tiana may actually be my favorite princess now. She is so friendly and easy to talk to and she just embodies southern hospitality. I recommend this character meet above all others!
I did this meet and greet for the first time last trip and I totally agree! Tiana is so easy to talk to--even for an awkward person like me.

Now, onto the most frustrating and annoying portion of the trip. . . We wandered for a while, trying to decide what to do and ended up in the Pirates of the Caribbean queue anyway. It was a 40 minute wait, so we whipped our phones out and played Pokemon go in the queue. Now, as we all know, those stanchions are very wide and the cast members always ask you to "fill all available space in front of you." We both had our eyes trained on our phones and the floor and as we were instructed, moved forward to fill in the space in front of us whenever possible. I genuinely did not look up from my phone until this guy, maybe like 20 years old? said something to us about how many people we were planning to cut in line. I looked around and it seemed like we had not really moved in front of anyone except for him and his girlfriend. Jacob said something about filling in the space per the CM's instructions, and the guy said that he would never. Okay....? So we said, "well, there's a bit of room in front of us if you want to take your spot back?" And he said no, he would not. So I was like... what was the point of saying anything? Oh well. But it still ticked me off. He actually called us "rude." We weren't trying to cut anyone, just genuinely following directions and not really paying attention to other people. LOL. If he had been quicker, we would have never been able to get in front of him in the first place! And guess what. We all ended up on the same boat anyway. Hahaha. But anyway, after he fussed at us, I quit playing Pokemon Go so as not to accidentally slide in front of anyone else and I snapped some photos of the queue.
Ugh, people. :( If it bothered him, he should have gone back in front of you. Or maybe--and hear me out on this one--he could have listened to the CMs? good grief

My button said "Trivia Queen" and Jacob's "Trivia Prince," which means I am the true Trivia Monarch and he has simply married into the Trivia Royal Family.
:rotfl2:

Of course we got the famous bread service and it lived up to the hype, I think. The sauces were fun to try and we got all of them.
Glad you liked it! I love Sanaa's bread service. :)

Then we basically played Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom all afternoon since the lines for everything were unbearably long.
I did this last trip too, even though my lines weren't too bad. I just really like Sorcerers. :D

Glad you had a fun trip! And its probably good that it didn't leave you with the itch to go back immediately--much easier on your wallet! :_

I got all caught up! I hadn't been on the Dis for a while, so that's my own fault. anyways...i went a bit crazy with the multiquote...

Yay! After Hours is magical for just these types of magical moments. Glad you had a fun time :D

Awesome! That standby queue is amazing; I'm so glad you got to see it. Also, peeing in the streams? Gross. People.

Bummer that the hours change messed up your PPO breakfast. Also yea--sometimes I get up at Disney all psyched like that guy and sometimes I'm just like "too early; calm it down dude".

I did this meet and greet for the first time last trip and I totally agree! Tiana is so easy to talk to--even for an awkward person like me.

Ugh, people. :( If it bothered him, he should have gone back in front of you. Or maybe--and hear me out on this one--he could have listened to the CMs? good grief

:rotfl2:

Glad you liked it! I love Sanaa's bread service. :)

I did this last trip too, even though my lines weren't too bad. I just really like Sorcerers. :D

Glad you had a fun trip! And its probably good that it didn't leave you with the itch to go back immediately--much easier on your wallet! :_
Thanks for catching up and reading! I've been off the boards a while now too. I am sure the desire for a Disney trip will return to me soon. Disneyland is sounding more and more interesting. . . . But for now, just to dream is good enough!

Thanks again! :)

One, Two, Three, Four, Five... Do we make it out alive?
Welcome to another trip report! My name is Elizabeth and I will be showing you through a week-long journey to WDW.

Joining me on this trip was my husband Jacob.

We also had a guest appearance from some friends from college and a bunch of human-sized Mice, Dogs, and Ducks!

This trip took place between January 12, 2019 and January 20, 2019 and we decided to go during this time hoping for lower crowds and to get out of the miserable cold winter.
(an image my brother sent me of the backyard. meanwhile, we were riding 7DMT).
Why did we decide to go back to WDW, our second trip since we've been married, only 13ish months since our last trip? We had such a magical time our first trip, that we couldn't wait to go back!
What about now? Are we crazy Disney people who have DVC and go every year? AP? No, unfortunately. We still had a great time, but have no plans to go back in the near future. That's partially why it took so long to make this report... the post-Disney depression hit waaayyyy harder than I thought. LOL.
But let's hop in our time machine and go back about a month!

Just starting to read your trip report, but....can I come visit you???? I live in Texas and we don't usually get that beautiful scene in this picture! I'm sure living in it is cold and frustrating and probably not something I would like at all. But, I would love to come sit in your kitchen/living room and just stare out at the snow falling for hours. This looks absolutely magical! (But we all know looks can be deceiving! )

Just starting to read your trip report, but....can I come visit you???? I live in Texas and we don't usually get that beautiful scene in this picture! I'm sure living in it is cold and frustrating and probably not something I would like at all. But, I would love to come sit in your kitchen/living room and just stare out at the snow falling for hours. This looks absolutely magical! (But we all know looks can be deceiving! )
Haha, thanks for reading my report. Funny enough, I just moved to Texas, so I will be saying goodbye to snowy winters. I'm actually pretty happy about it. The older I get, the more I hate the snow. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!