One Trip, Two Charge Accounts?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
Sounds dreamy, right? Well, this is the first time I've planned an adults-only trip, and I'm not sure how to get it that way.

It started as a solo trip, and I'd booked a room and ticket package, followed by a two-day RO.

It turned into a friends trip when I invited someone to join me. She has no Disney experience, and no online account either. So I simply added her to my plans, and I took care of the ADRs, FPs and online check-in for both of us.

Now with about a week to go, I realize that even though I have a credit card on file, I don't mean for my friend's charges to go on it! I myself have a gift card and don't plan to put anything on my card (either use the gift card at point of purchase or to pay down balances as I go).

Is it as straightforward as having my friend create her own MDE account and linking just her tickets and plans to it? And how simple would that be? Or would it require a stop at the front desk upon arrival?

She doesn't need her own MDE account, though she can certainly make one if she wants to -- but you won't be able to split charges that way.

When you arrive, go to the front desk and ask them to put your charges on different cards. They'll get it sorted out for you. Some people recommend going to the gift shop and making a small purchase then going back to the desk to make sure everything has been assigned correctly, but I've never done that (and so far we've never had a problem). Have fun :)

Thank you--I doubt she'll ever need an MDE account after this trip, so we won't set one up if it won't solve this one issue.

One thing I'm learning is, there's no such thing as overplanning. There's always just one more thing...then one more...and so on!

Does your friend know she can pay her portion with gift cards, too? You might want to mention if not in case she also likes the idea of not charging up her card. I'm afraid I can't help you with portioning out the charges, but sounds like you've already received good suggestions.

Of course if your friend is like I am, she could simply use her actual card rather than magic band at each point of purchase. I would be surprised if that doesn't still work.

Thank you all for your suggestions! We're getting together on Thursday to go over the trip details, and I'll explain all these options to her. (She's coming down a day after me, couldn't get a plane ticket sooner).

She's going to have a lot to absorb--but I'm sure she's going to love it!

Glad you asked this and love all the options. My solo trip also turned into a friends trip. Like you, I booked everything, then started wondering how my friend would pay and not use my card. Good to know they can use different cards at check-in.

Glad you asked this and love all the options. My solo trip also turned into a friends trip. Like you, I booked everything, then started wondering how my friend would pay and not use my card. Good to know they can use different cards at check-in.
Just so you know, my friend arrived yesterday, and we spent just 3 minutes at the concierge desk to fix it up. Smooth!

My last solo trip (Feb 2017) turned into a duo when a friends schedule opened up. He went to the concierge desk just like you suggest. Got his own MB using his own credit card. Took less than 5 minutes.

That is also my plan with my friend. The trip has always been the two of us, so we knew that we had to figure it out.

We will both be using gift cards, but with have own own credit cards attached to our bands, in case something gets charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter