One time banking exception?

meggybear17

Mouseketeer
is this an urban myth? We are just closing on a resale contract with a June use year that has all of its 2017 points (250.) The seller did not bank them. I’ve heard that some people have had luck with asking for a one time exception. Any magic words or phrases to use? We knew going into this that we would probably lose those points but it would be amazing if we didn’t! Deed was recorded last week so we should be in the system soon.

We somehow forgot to bank 173 points this past September (Feb use year). Luckily, I was able to take advantage of the one-time banking exception.

Pretty much doesn't happen on a resale purchase these days. If you already own and screw up, sometimes they're kind.

We somehow forgot to bank 173 points this past September (Feb use year). Luckily, I was able to take advantage of the one-time banking exception.
Thank you! That gives me hope. 250 points is a lot to lose!

is this an urban myth? We are just closing on a resale contract with a June use year that has all of its 2017 points (250.) The seller did not bank them. I’ve heard that some people have had luck with asking for a one time exception. Any magic words or phrases to use? We knew going into this that we would probably lose those points but it would be amazing if we didn’t! Deed was recorded last week so we should be in the system soon.

I did it last September, five months past the banking deadline, on a 150 point resale I purchased. I just called, asked nicely, and they said "ok". I waited, not so patiently, for a whole day before they appeared in my account as banked, sure that they would change their minds. Thankfully, they didn't, and I got the points banked.

It is not an urban myth as I myself have had the exception granted (actually offered by member services truth be told). However this occurred with a resale purchase in early 2015 before they made further attempts to distinguish direct from resale.

I did it last September, five months past the banking deadline, on a 150 point resale I purchased. I just called, asked nicely, and they said "ok". I waited, not so patiently, for a whole day before they appeared in my account as banked, sure that they would change their minds. Thankfully, they didn't, and I got the points banked.

That’s awesome! Our agent at the resale broker is the one who said to try it which makes me think she’s dealt with it successfully in the past.

It is not an urban myth as I myself have had the exception granted (actually offered by member services truth be told). However this occurred with a resale purchase in early 2015 before they made further attempts to distinguish direct from resale.

Yes you never know what further distinctions they may choose to make! Again, we’re prepared to lose the points but it would be amazing if we didn’t.

I'm having a hard time with this one. The banking deadline is 4 months before the points expire. Were your points already expired when you banked them?

Was that year 13 months? ;)

I'm having a hard time with this one. The banking deadline is 4 months before the points expire. Were your points already expired when you banked them?

Typo: 3 months, not 5.
December uy, banking deadline july, purchased september, closed early october. Immediately after they appeared in my account, I asked about banking them and got them banked.

An update for those that may be interested- our membership and points transfer was set up this week. My husband called member services this afternoon and politely asked about a one time exception for the 250 points that we would have otherwise lost at the end of May. No questions asked they processed it for us and those points have now been banked. So happy with the way it turned out!

An update for those that may be interested- our membership and points transfer was set up this week. My husband called member services this afternoon and politely asked about a one time exception for the 250 points that we would have otherwise lost at the end of May. No questions asked they processed it for us and those points have now been banked. So happy with the way it turned out!
Nice!

Glad it worked out for you.

We should be closing in 2-3 weeks on a contract that has already banked points that will be expiring soon ..they won't re bank points correct? Only points that simply missed the banking deadline?

It all depends on the CM, some may do it others, not. FYI - they do record contact info on your account, good things and bad things. When they give you magic they record it so other CM's won't. A CM read me their notes on my contacts, on this date you called for this, on this date we let you bank past you deadline, on this date you added a room request.

:earsboy: Bill

Nice!

Glad it worked out for you.

We should be closing in 2-3 weeks on a contract that has already banked points that will be expiring soon ..they won't re bank points correct? Only points that simply missed the banking deadline?
No points can only be banked once. The exceptions made are allowing people to bank past the banking deadline (of 8 months into the UY). They have made this exception routinely for direct sales and also extend the courtesy to resale members sometimes too.

It all depends on the CM, some may do it others, not. FYI - they do record contact info on your account, good things and bad things. When they give you magic they record it so other CM's won't. A CM read me their notes on my contacts, on this date you called for this, on this date we let you bank past you deadline, on this date you added a room request.

:earsboy: Bill
We’re fairly organized with this type of thing so we don’t have any plans to ever have to ask for an exception again. Already booked 3 studios for our first Dvc trip and used up those newly banked points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!