One last question... hotels!

Drasticq

Mouseketeer
One more thing... it's an interesting one (I think at least!)

Where is your FAVOURITE hotel for a Florida stay (doesn't have to be a Disney on site hotel)?

For me it's a three way... Swan/Dolphin, Animal Kingdom and the Hyatt Regency, former Peabody.

If I were pushed I'd say Hyatt. I just have too much history there. The taxis are expensive this is true, but it's extremely comfortable and has the BEST pizzas on room service!

I like hotels near water features. It can be a hotel at the beach, by a lake, or by a river. I like a balcony overlooking said water feature so I can sit on the balcony with a cold drink and a good book, and watch whatever is happening on the water. I am one of the few people who doesn’t like AKL, but I really missed having a water feature when I stayed there, and the pool wasn’t the same thing.

So if I am looking for a little getaway that isn’t Disney, I will usually end up in either the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area or somewhere between Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach. I usually stick with Hilton brand properties since I belong to their loyalty program. Free nights are the best!

At Disney, my faves are WL, POFQ and Pop, which all have that water component.

Swan/Dolphin
Boardwalk Inn
Portofino Bay

We did Coronado Springs once and enjoyed it.

We don’t do values.

Last edited:
When we visit Disney we stay on property and experience a different resort each time and if we visit KSC, SW or Universal we rent a car and drive. The only other FL cities we visited have been Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and Tampa Bay but don’t recall where we stayed.

I stayed at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square in NYC once and loved it, especially since I wasn't paying for it. Beautiful lobby and a fabulous birds-eye view of the ball drop on New Year's Eve.

In WDW I stay Value now because it's all I can afford, but my favorite hotel to stay in used to be the Polynesian. Having said that, my sister and I took a long hard look at all the amenities at the Polynesian on a visit our last trip, and realized that we had never taken advantage of them, that we had just blown by all the wonderful things you can do there on our way to the parks. All we do in a hotel room is sleep and shower, so we don't mind staying at a Value. I *do* miss the Poly for the proximity to the TTC and the monorail, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter