One food or drink you cant miss

We're staying at the RPR again and I've never tried anything besides the cocktails at the pool. We'll have the kids this time and we would all love this! Thanks for the rec. Also, it looks like enough food for an entire family. Wow!
Indeed they are. And the 'kids' chicken tenders are more than enough for an adult too.

Indeed they are. And the 'kids' chicken tenders are more than enough for an adult too.

I'm sure, but good to be reassured. I love that some Orlando eateries have gone to having smaller "child" sized portions of the regular adult menu. No need in wasting money OR all that food.

For anyone who hasn't seen a picture of the Bula Bar Nachos...……

We did ask for extra spice......hence, all the extra Tabasco and jalapenos

i-DNfCZvG-XL.jpg

I was just happy they had a jalapeno cheese pretzel! Haven't had that since Lunching Pad removed it.
I also LOVE the clotted cream and granny smith ice cream from Fortescue's. I may or may not have been double fisting cones of each the other night.. :rolleyes1

Not many mentions of butterbeer. I like all versions ... ice cream, slushie form, regular and hot.

I like butterbeer in all forms except the ice cream version. If I were blind folded and given it, I would never in a million years guess it was supposed to be butterbeer.

I had my first cone earlier this month and I have to go along with what a lot of others had said. It is a vanilla soft serve with a touch of Carmel flavoring through it. It was a good cone of soft serve but I think you would do much better to just get a frozen butterbeer if you were thinking along the lines of ice cream.

Frozen in my favorite variety, but I think everyone else in my group liked the hot. I have a strange affliction where I can not taste the flavor of anything hot, which may be the reason it is not my favorite. The hot does have a nice texture to it while drinking it, just no taste for me.

I should have mentioned that another good value nacho option is at Margaritaville. The Volcano Nachos (I think that's what they are called) are huge and enough for 2-3.

For all you nachos fans...….

Confisco Grill do a decent one too.....

i-XjLdg3s-XL.jpg

And the famous Margaritaville Volcano Nachos.

i-GR8nNJx-XL.jpg

NBC do one too.....sorry for the poor picture quality....old camera.

i-CQcjTZV-XL.jpg

I should add we all hate chilli, so all our nachos are made with grilled chicken, sometimes pieces and NBC shredded it...…

All were lovely...….

What's good at Toothsome outside of the sweets? I reckon we have to take the children while we're there in May. It's not somewhere we'd go just DH and I probably, but looks really fun and a couple of to-go treats to use as later bribes won't hurt:)
I love the idea of Toothsome, but we found most of the food just okay. We didn't care for the milkshakes (texture was wrong, liked the milkshake at Cowfish better, we liked Cowfish better overall except service was slow). The totchos appetizer was really good at Toothsome. Also, I didn't want a big dessert so I asked for the peanut butter pie that comes in one of the sundaes (May Contain Nuts). They didn't charge me much and it was really good.

The Big Pink was really good! We would have to get that again.

I also liked the Cauldron Cake. My kids would want the cotton candy from Seuss again.

I like butterbeer in all forms except the ice cream version. If I were blind folded and given it, I would never in a million years guess it was supposed to be butterbeer.

I had my first cone earlier this month and I have to go along with what a lot of others had said. It is a vanilla soft serve with a touch of Carmel flavoring through it. It was a good cone of soft serve but I think you would do much better to just get a frozen butterbeer if you were thinking along the lines of ice cream.

Frozen in my favorite variety, but I think everyone else in my group liked the hot. I have a strange affliction where I can not taste the flavor of anything hot, which may be the reason it is not my favorite. The hot does have a nice texture to it while drinking it, just no taste for me.

Not a lot of others on this thread! If you prefer to drink your cream soda, fine, give me the ice cream version :)!

For all you nachos fans...….

I'm not a chain restaurant kinda woman, but Raintree Forest does do nachos well. For many years at AK it was my tradition to grab a spot at the bar, have some drinks and get the nachos...since this has become the nacho enthusiast club!

But not liking chili? Lord.

Schumigirl, I'm glad you mentioned the nachos at NBC (this might turn into a nacho tour thread lol). Although we didn't have the nachos last year, we saw them (while we were snacking on the giant pretzel, and we made a note to try it this year.

Schumigirl, I'm glad you mentioned the nachos at NBC (this might turn into a nacho tour thread lol). Although we didn't have the nachos last year, we saw them (while we were snacking on the giant pretzel, and we made a note to try it this year.

lol.....yes, it could do!

They were very nice.....and not as scary as the Margaritaville ones approaching you.....very manageable.....

I did ask for some extra sour cream, might just have been that person putting it together, but it was lacking and they were happy to bring out more...…

That pretzel is giant!!!

I was just happy they had a jalapeno cheese pretzel! Haven't had that since Lunching Pad removed it.
I also LOVE the clotted cream and granny smith ice cream from Fortescue's. I may or may not have been double fisting cones of each the other night.. :rolleyes1

Where is there a jalapeño cheese pretzel at UOR? I loved these at Disney! Haven’t seen them here....and we are here now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter