One Day...

mickeyfanachey1999

DIS Veteran
So I have a one day hopper ticket left over from Marathon weekend that I just can't let go to waste. This morning I booked a room at All-Star Sports for two nights and plan to squeeze in a full park day in August. I have never been solo and have no idea what I want to try to accomplish. Any one who goes solo have any advice?

So I have a one day hopper ticket left over from Marathon weekend that I just can't let go to waste. This morning I booked a room at All-Star Sports for two nights and plan to squeeze in a full park day in August. I have never been solo and have no idea what I want to try to accomplish. Any one who goes solo have any advice?

I've never been solo either, but if it were me, I'd choose my favorite 3-4 rides in each park and then I'd hit all four parks on that one day. Buy the express bus pass to optimize your time unless there are storms in the area that might shut it down.

I go solo all the time and love it, ( maybe more then going with others)

you can do what you want when you want and how many times you want.

if you are into rides maybe try to do all 4 parks in one day, pay for the express service, if a park has EMH in the morning do this park then go to another ( have FP for the second park) and then the 3 park try to see what FP you can get and I would do MK last as it really is the easer park to get FP at. and it is normally open latte.

if you like to eat maybe have something to eat in each park,

do you like show maybe you see a show in each park.

the things you can do are endless.

If you have only been to Disney a few times and will not be back for a few years then I would recommend just doing 2 parks and really spending time in then. but if you know you will be back then by all means do all 4 parks in one day, or maybe just do it.

most of all do what you want and have fun.

<( maybe book a tour, I love the ultimate day of thrills. you do about 10 rides in 3 parks and are done about 3ish and you still have your 3 FP to use.

Another one who goes solo at least once a year and have to admit I might enjoy it more than when I go with my son. I agree, maybe try to do all 4 parks, I've accidentally done it and it really wasn't all that hard, mind you that was before Pandora. What I did:

Got to AK at rope drop, didn't mean to was just up so thought what the heck. No FPs - rode Safari first thing then EE single rider then walked both trails, caught the bus to MK. No FPs, I think it was around 10 or so, rode BTM, COP, PeopleMover, POTC, HM, JC (not in that order), grabbed some fruit, caught the bus to HS. Maybe around 1 or so now, no FPs - rode ToT and grabbed a FP for TSMM while in line, rode GMR, got an ADR for HBD while in line for GMR, ate a late lunch early supper Cobb Salad and a wine flight, walked over to Epcot - this was during F&W, walked around WS and to TT, then to SSE, then walked through the Living Seas, over to Soarin and The Land (the Land at night is cool) and back to WS, grabbed some food from the booths. I was back at my resort (BW) by around 9. Notice not many FPs. I don't ride Space Mountain or RnRC or Dinosaur, they hurt my neck and don't normally ride TSMM when I'm by myself because it's not my favorite ride but it was there and so was I.

Now with Pandora I'm guessing I'd try for FPs for there then work around those. If not able to get FPs, I do that at rope drop.

Another one who goes solo at least once a year and have to admit I might enjoy it more than when I go with my son. I agree, maybe try to do all 4 parks, I've accidentally done it and it really wasn't all that hard, mind you that was before Pandora. What I did:

Got to AK at rope drop, didn't mean to was just up so thought what the heck. No FPs - rode Safari first thing then EE single rider then walked both trails, caught the bus to MK. No FPs, I think it was around 10 or so, rode BTM, COP, PeopleMover, POTC, HM, JC (not in that order), grabbed some fruit, caught the bus to HS. Maybe around 1 or so now, no FPs - rode ToT and grabbed a FP for TSMM while in line, rode GMR, got an ADR for HBD while in line for GMR, ate a late lunch early supper Cobb Salad and a wine flight, walked over to Epcot - this was during F&W, walked around WS and to TT, then to SSE, then walked through the Living Seas, over to Soarin and The Land (the Land at night is cool) and back to WS, grabbed some food from the booths. I was back at my resort (BW) by around 9. Notice not many FPs. I don't ride Space Mountain or RnRC or Dinosaur, they hurt my neck and don't normally ride TSMM when I'm by myself because it's not my favorite ride but it was there and so was I.

Now with Pandora I'm guessing I'd try for FPs for there then work around those. If not able to get FPs, I do that at rope drop.

My preliminary plan is to start at AK but skip Pandora...I'll save that for next time with the family. Then drive to DHS...then walk to EC...then monorail to MK. The only snafu there is going to the be the walk from BW back to DHS to get my vehicle after EMH at MK. They wouldn't tow a car there 4-5 hours after closing would they??

My preliminary plan is to start at AK but skip Pandora...I'll save that for next time with the family. Then drive to DHS...then walk to EC...then monorail to MK. The only snafu there is going to the be the walk from BW back to DHS to get my vehicle after EMH at MK. They wouldn't tow a car there 4-5 hours after closing would they??
I would not drive use the buss monral and boats or walk and leave your car at the hotel.

I would not drive use the buss monral and boats or walk and leave your car at the hotel.

I used to never drive. Now for some reason I kinda like it. I like not having to wait. Of course this perk gets blown out of the water from EC to the MK and back however.

I used to never drive. Now for some reason I kinda like it. I like not having to wait. Of course this perk gets blown out of the water from EC to the MK and back however.
use the new express buss service this will take you from inside any park to inside any park and they will let you know when the busses leave like if you are at MK and want to go to EPCOT the bus leaves on the 10 and 40.so you show up maybe 10 minutes before and get on the bus. This saves so much time and for a one day trip saving time is your friend

use the new express buss service this will take you from inside any park to inside any park and they will let you know when the busses leave like if you are at MK and want to go to EPCOT the bus leaves on the 10 and 40.so you show up maybe 10 minutes before and get on the bus. This saves so much time and for a one day trip saving time is your friend

I've never used that service but this might be a good day to do it. Thanks.

I do a solo trip every three months, because I have to be in Orlando for work anyway. My best solo trip was when I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!