One Day Visit Questions

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
We are pricing out flights right now for our San Diego/Anaheim trip and the cheaper option would make us only have 1 day in Disneyland.

I looked at park hours and DL is open until Midnight and CA is open until 9pm. If you only had 1 day would you park hop? How about Max pass? We are from Florida and visit DW quiet often, and 2 of us have already been to Disneyland 4 years ago. So not sure if I should really push for the pricier flights just so that we can get in a 2nd day and not feel as rushed to see everything we want to see.

Thoughts??

How much cheaper for the earlier flight? I mean, are we talking $100 each or 30-40, and how much can you afford? I guess that would decide me. I’d take two days if it wasn’t ridiculous to pay for the later departure.
BTW, we were planning to leave on a Monday on our upcoming September trip, but DD21 realized her first day of college classes starts that day, so we had to slide it back a day, that cost us around $50 each, and we had to swap to LAX instead of SNA or it would have been more like $100 each.

Park hopper so you can experience the best bits of both parks, maxpass so you can maximize your time in the parks. As long as you don’t expect to manage to do it ALL, you can still have a really fun 1 day Disneyland trip. Unlike Disney World, where you’d be feeling like you missed out if you were only there for a day.

We are pricing out flights right now for our San Diego/Anaheim trip and the cheaper option would make us only have 1 day in Disneyland.

I looked at park hours and DL is open until Midnight and CA is open until 9pm. If you only had 1 day would you park hop? How about Max pass? We are from Florida and visit DW quiet often, and 2 of us have already been to Disneyland 4 years ago. So not sure if I should really push for the pricier flights just so that we can get in a 2nd day and not feel as rushed to see everything we want to see.

Thoughts??
I agree with Avalon - as someone who's planning for a one day trip it's super overwhelming, and we're only planning on going to one park! Choose two days if you can. If you're set on only one day though, and this is disagreeing with many others, choose one park. You'll have a better experience imo. Definitely get MaxPass either way - it's worth it, especially for just one day! Have a great trip. :)

I vote parkhopper and MaxPass as well, even for one day. If you can swing the two days that would be even better, of course.

What are your actual dates? 9pm DCA close and DL till midnight sounds like a grad night...

Do your DL plans include SWGE at all? That makes a very big difference. If you want to try to see SWGE, then definitely add the second day. Even if you don't care to see the new land, if your visit is after SWGE opens, I would add the second day so that you can tour the park/s with much less stress given the expected crowds once the land opens. MP for sure to get the most efficient use out of your limited time. Park hoppers (hopping is so easy at DLR!) will help you get the most out of MP and let you escape to the other park if crowds at one park get too busy.
These threads from this sticky (* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!) from the top of the first page have lots of helpful information for you:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
HydroGuy Tips Compilation
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

Unless there is a huge price difference I would go with 2 days.

We are doing one day at each park later this year. We're saving money by not hopping.

I think it depends on the rides you want to do...I’d make a list and see how they split between parks and then decide about hoppers. Max Pass for sure though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter