One day, holiday season, very little planning...doable?

Sophie_2003

DIS Veteran
hello,

I have been to DLR a couple times and an upcoming trip to Southern California May see us have one day free to visit one of the parks, either December 30 or 31. I know it will be nuts. I’m not familiar with the paid fastpass system so not sure if worth it...

Where can I find some info on a decent itinerary for DCA or DLR for one day at such a busy time? We’re rope droppers, no problem, but without my DWorld allowed three fastpasses, not sure exactly what to hit first!

Any advice, links appreciated!

Arrive early. I would recommend 75 minutes before park opening.

It would help to know what sort of rides you're interested in.

If you'd like to ride any of the following rides, make them your priorities:

Peter Pan (no FP)
Space Mountain (also has a single rider line)
Indiana Jones (also has a single rider line)
Radiator Springs Racers (also has a single rider line)
Guardians of the Galaxy

From there, slam MP all day and pick up passes as soon as they're available.

Early arrival, rope drop, and maxpass will save you. Also keep in mind, you can do a lot, but you won't do everything.

I have a hard time explaining how to choose the maxpasses, so I just put the link to a trip report I did with my friends. On youtube, there's good explanations on how to use maxpass. That's how I learned..plus reading on these boards.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/one-day-parkhopping-with-maxpass-trip-report.3705465/

For MP:
FastPass, MaxPass (watch the tutorial videos)
MaxPass
First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

If you don't already have the free Disneyland app on your smartphone, download it now (make sure to get the latest version) and get used to using it. You can purchase your tickets ahead on the app and skip the lines at the ticket booths -- huge timesaver right off the bat! If you don't prepurchase MP with your tickets, have a credit card on file so that you can get MP as soon as you activate your tickets at the gates (should only take a minute to buy MP on the app) and so that you can use Mobile Ordering at CS locations (saves so much time!). Ask everyone in your group to list their top 2 wishes for the day. Make sure to hit everyone's top wish, try to hit wish 2 -- after that, everything else is gravy. Look over the entertainment schedule online now so that you have an idea of what you want to see or what you want to avoid. If you'll want F!, try to get a dining package (HB is the least expensive and most flexible) for the best viewing with the least wait. Have battery backup for your phone! With good organization, lots of patience, and a positive attitude (and this goes for everyone in your group!), you can have a super fun day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter