One day at MK (2/24/18)

jim o'reilly

Mouseketeer
According to undercover tourist, we went on a 8/10 busy day on 2/24/18 to MK. Weather was overcast in the morning, mid 70s and sunny in afternoon mid 80s and hot. Was surprised to see that originally MK was supposed to open at 9am but instead opened at 8am about a month before our day. We only had one day because we were leaving on a Royal Caribbean cruise the following day from Port canaveral.

Myself, wife and 6 year old daughter....all of our second trip. When she was 4, we did all the parks without a stroller. She refused because strollers were for 'babies'. Stayed at Disney Dolphin. Old and quite dated (motif was early/mid 90s). Definitely not the Animal Kingdom Lodge that we stayed our first trip to WDW. Not sure if I'd stay there again, if not for the great location to Epcot and DHS.

Ate breakfast and coffee at 6:30am in the hotel room, got onto bus at 7:15am, through security and gates (no lines), started to wait around 7:30. Gates into grounds do not open until 7:45am. Rush to get to entry point in MK by Cinderella's castle, we chose to go to Tomorrowland to get to Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, most people opted for the rush to 7DMT. Was able to catch a glimpse of the welcoming show but we had a mission to complete. First ones to wait on the right side of the bridge (left side was for space mountain). Crew Member Richard said not to run and not to pass him or else! Richard walked pretty fast. My wife walks fast (being from NYC) and even she was complaining about keeping up with him! We were the first ones on BLRS!

Here's what we did at MK:

Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin (1st in line!)
Buzz Lightyear Ranger spin again (no one there!)
Tomorrowland Speedway (no line)
Barnstormer 9 times. DD loved it and crew member just said to stay on
Dumbo (no wait)
Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin again (5 minute wait)
Enchanted Tales with Belle (Fast pass #1, 8am-9am)
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, 5 minute wait)
7 Dwarfs Mine Train (Fast pass #2, 9am-10am)
eat snacks on benches after bathroom break, park starting to get busy
Journey Under the Sea (no wait)
Meet Ariel (no wait)
Meet Cinderella and Elena (Fast pass #3, 10-11am), absolutely no wait
get fast pass after meeting for Winnie the Pooh for 10:30am
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Fast pass #4, no wait)
Wait in line for Merida, while waiting eat snacks/bathroom, get fast pass for barnstormer.
wait 30 minutes for merida
Barnstormer ride (fast pass #5, 10 minute wait)
get fast pass for speedway
Meet Minnie/Daisy, wait 20 minutes
Meet Donald/Goofy, wait 15 minutes
Speedway (fast pass #6, 10 minute wait)
get fast pass for Mad Party Tea Cups
Tea cups ride (fast pass #7, no wait!)
get fast pass for It's a small world
Philharmagic (no wait standby)
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (20 minute wait)
watch Move it, Shake it, Dance and Play it parade
eat ice cream from plaza ice cream parlor
It's a small world (fast pass #8, 10 minute wait)
get fast pass for Journey under the sea
Journey Under the sea (fast pass #9, 5 minute wait)
get fast pass for Barnstormer
Barnstormer for the 11th time! (fast pass #10, 10 minute wait)
was able to get more fast pass for Barnstormer or Tea cups but decide not to
Wait for Festival of fantasy parade by 2:30pm, only able to get sunny side by plaza ice cream parlor.
Watch parade 3pm-3:40pm
Wait for Crystal Palace buffet, reservations at 3:55pm. Meet Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet!
Eat lunch/dinner at 4pm-5pm, stuff ourselves silly. Restaurant FREEZING cold!
Look for souvenirs and new flip flops, my flip flops broke from all the walking
Get on bus at 6pm, kid is too tired for fireworks. Still full from dinner and ready for bed by 8pm.

The key is to get the fast pass right after you go through with your band. While you're waiting in line, use the app on your phone and get another fast pass. If my kid was up for it, i would've been able to get 13-15 fast passes that day. But she was tired and getting quite cranky.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Good for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter