One day at DLP: Can we do it all?

pchristofferson

Earning My Ears
Hello all! Our family (me, wife, 17 and 14 year old boys) have one day - and only one day - to see everything we can at Disneyland Paris (both parks).

The question is: can we do it all? I know the answer is no, not literally everything ... but can we hit every major attraction in both parks, if we make good use of Fastpass system and hustle? (By "major attraction" I guess I mean the 9 FP attractions, along with anything else you all would consider must-do.)

We are very experienced WDW veterans - but we have never been to DLP. Assume we will be there at rope drop, we're in good shape, and we will stay until park close ... and we will not spend time eating at a table service restaurant.

I know about the Ultimate FP option, and we'll do that if we have to - but I would certainly prefer not to spend another $450 to make that happen.

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts!

Not going to sugarcoat it, a weekend day in the middle of summer without EMH... There are better scenarios out there, but that doesn't mean you can't do a lot and have a great time. :) Yes, the Ultimate Fastpass would help, but it is a lot of money when you have to pay for the entire family.

Start in the Studios, use single rider lines, use fastpasses, use 'down time' like parades and shows to do some big rides like Big Thunder Mountain etc.
Make a list of your absolute must-dos, and everything else is a bonus.

I’d skip the studio park and just focus on Disneyland Parc. Ratatouille is coming to WDW, and I don’t think Crush Coaster and some of the other unique things at the studio park are worth the money and stress of trying to do everything in one day.

To give you an idea what is possible:

Today I let some friends in with a discounted ticket and they started their day at the Studios a little after 11. It is a Sunday, summer holidays havent started officially, but it was the first day of the Lion King / Jungle festival and the first day with decent temperatures after some hot weeks. It was busy.
They did (I don't know if this was the order)
- Ratatouille (single rider)
- Crush coaster (single rider)
- Tower of Terror (FP)
- Rock n Roller coaster (FP)
- studio tram tour

Then to Disneyland Park
- Buzz Lightyear (FP)
- Big Thunder Mountain (FP)
- Indiana Jones (FP 1X, 2X normal with 5 minute wait)
- Star Tours
- Phantom Manor
- Peter Pan
- It's a small world
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Fireworks

So, no shows or characters but ride-wise, they got a lot done. They had a counter service lunch at the Studios and then The Lucky Nugget for dinner.

Fun fact of the day, almost everyone is seated for the fireworks. Really depends on the weather and the mood, but today it is one of those days :)

Last edited:
@Karin1984 - Thanks for your input! The friends' day you've outlined above is roughly what we were hoping could be done ... that's a solid day's worth of activity that hits almost every major attraction. Hopefully we have as much luck as they did.

Exactly, and when you arrive at opening, I think you should be able to squeeze in some kiddie rides, walk throughs, or see the parade, or the Jungle Book Jive (castle hub show).
I wouldn't go for the Lion King Show (while really good), queueing, getting in / out of the theater will take a good chunk of your time. With Jungle Book Jive, you can walk away whenever you want.

Keep in mind rides in Fantasyland close early to prepare for the fireworks. Yesterday the park closed at 11, and the last rides closed at 10. Some (Pays des Contes Fees) can close earlier.
Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment.

We were there last month and it was PACKED. I’m talking Disney World during summer break packed. We still did both parks. We didn’t see everything, but we saw tons. It was an exhausting day for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!