One big all in the family trip

buckeyegirl51

Earning My Ears
I'm a little late to the party since we are 41 days till my family hit's vacation mode and 44 days till we check into Disney. This is one big family trip with my whole family. My parents, my sister and her spouse, my brother and his spouse and then my DH, and two DS who are 7 and 12. We started planning about a year ago, and I feel like we are full blown Disney talk when we get together. Food plans, fast passes, and what are we wearing to the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party.
We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach resort from Sept 24 and checking out on Oct 1.

Today I finally put our magic band order in. I will say for me this has been very frustrating since I want to make this such a special trip for my boys. I wanted to order the special bands with a design, but ended up going with just colors. But they will still be special because I got magic skins off of etsy. It was so hard to pick, tons and tons of options, but I know we are going to love what we are getting. I even got them for my parents and my sister and her husband.

I believe we have our costumes pick out also - this is just going to be me, my sister and my boys. I plan on making us baseball shirts. The boys will be Team Mickey and me and my sister will be Team Villains. I am super excited to make these and pray they come out cute.

What I can say is I can't get enough of anything Disney, I am always looking for updates and pictures. I am super excited to be going back with my whole family (maybe). No I really am, 10 people are a lot of people, but I think we have it all under control.

36 days left till we check in!!! Just a couple of updates - got our magic bands skins came this past weekend, they look super cool. I also go one of my t shirts that I ordered. I will admit that I messed up my skin band order, so I had to order another one, but that's okay. I also got the back packs for the boys today and ordered our semi matching shirts for Galaxy Edge. I say semi matching because the design is the same but different colors. I can say we are getting super excited, more updates to come soon.

We have hit the single digits 9 days till we arrive. It's been kind of busy. My DH thought it would be a great idea since we haven't done this yet that when we are counting the change that we have saved that we also start making coin books for our 2 DS. Two weeks out and we are doing this. I know, I know that this will be worth it, but really we could have done this over the winter, not two weeks out. Ever time I walk by my kitchen table I just cringe also needless to say that has only added to my stress level.

I also had a great idea for our costumes for the MNSSH party that we would go as a baseball team. My DS would be team Mickey, my sister and I would be team Evil even my parents have gotten in on it, but I have no idea which team or if they are their own team. I also said hey that cricket sitting in the basement I can use that to make the shirts. So this past Sunday I grabbed all the supplies from Michaels, ouch it was 96.00 for all of the supplies. The more I thought about the more I was like what are you thinking. Between football, baseball, work and trying to clean and count coins when are you going to make these shirts. Tuesday I headed to our local t shirt shop and asked them. I think because I talked so much and was all over the place the lady was like 8.00 a shirt to just shut me up. I was like sold. The supplies I bought have gone back to Michaels.

Not sure who else does this but I have been checking the weather every day several times a day along with the National Hurricane Center. I am not going to lie, but the weather is not looking in our favor - thunderstorms every day. My DH keeps telling me it's Florida, it rains like everyday, still I am worried that everyday it is going to rain all day long. I want to yell at mother nature "Come on just give me the nice weather it's been 6 years since we've been here" (with my hands up in the air).

The ping pong table is full of stuff that needs to be packed along with the treadmill. There are still a few things that need to be gotten but I think we are close to packing. I do not want to be a last minute packer, I want to be done by Wednesday before we leave.

Another thing that I want to do and not sure who else is like this but I want to clean my house so that when we come back and drop all the stuff it's being dropped in a clean house not a house that is already a mess and we make it a bigger mess. This is not going so well. I get one room cleaned and the DS 's come home and mess it up. I am always saying pick this up , put that away, that doesn't go there.

9 days single digits and the stress level is on the rise... I just need to breathe...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter