Once Upon a Time show MK

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen this? I know it's new. Are they fireworks or just a show? Also, how early should one get to their spot to get a good view? And where would be a good view?

Wait, so I have the wrong show on my plan? It's HEA that I want to see? It's the one with the fireworks, right?

Again, what time should I be claiming a spot and where?

Happily Ever After is the main projection/fireworks show that replaced Wishes. Once Upon a Time is just kind of a bonus.

For HEA it depends on when you are going / how crowded it is. We have had success finding a spot in the fake grassy area in front of Casey's 45 minutes to an hour before. You want a spot with a good view of the castle because the projections are a big part of the show.

Wait, so I have the wrong show on my plan? It's HEA that I want to see? It's the one with the fireworks, right?

Once Upon a Time is an extra projection show that happens either right before or right after HEA, so wherever you are for HEA is where you want to be for OUAT.

I'd do at least 1 hr before the show, possibly earlier if you want to try and claim a middle hub spot so you can see the castle door. Projections on that can't be seen from the sides or far back in the crowd as easily. Great spots all the way down mainstreet though if you want a more overall view.

An hour. Wow. I don't know if I can convince DH of that, but maybe. Thanks for the advice, though.

You can see the fireworks from behind but you'll be missing the "story" part of the show.

I can't stand around for an hour so we've done 30 minutes and had a good spot. We've also walked into MK during the show (love park hopping) and watched from the train station. If you can manage it, don't miss Happily Ever After. It's a really cool show. You don't want to be too close to the castle but in the hub area if you can manage it. The train station was too far to really see the projections.

Are you traveling with kids? If so, my recommendation is to position yourself behind some type of railing or taped off area. Then you won't have some tall person squeeze in front of you, blocking the view. Be aware that if you are not behind the tape barriers, cast members will shoo you out of the area. Make sure you find a spot where at least your feet are inside the tape.

Once Upon a Time is also a nice show but less crowded. I really enjoy the projections - they are very well done.

It’s expensive, but you could always do the HEA dessert party if you don’t wanna wait for a good spot. OUaT is cute, most people don’t even know it exists. As long as you have a view of the front of the castle you should be able to see the projections. IMO, HEA is the best night time show on property and worth the cost of the dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!