Once Upon A Time Reboot

What am I missing, is it a new show, a reboot of Once Upon a Time? Guess I missed it.
I'm calling it a reboot. It's on Friday instead of Sunday. It's Cindrella now instead on Snow White. The only only 3 original cast member still left are Hook, Regina. and Gold.

Last edited:

I seem to have completely forgotten what happened at the end of last season. I'll need to go refresh my memory.

Not sure how I feel about it yet. Watched it last night.

My feeling is that this will be the last season. When logically it should have ended last season.

I don’t like the casting for Cinderella at all and I was actually really disappointed in the episode altogether. I’m having a hard time because they already had a Cinderella and she was nothing like this Cindy. I just don’t think they should have chosen a character they’ve already used.
Also, I must have missed the memo because I had no idea there were only 3 returning original cast members. :sad2:That could be a deal breaker for me.
I really felt it should have ended last season and if it doesn’t get better than this last episode I might be done with it anyway.

I don’t like the casting for Cinderella at all and I was actually really disappointed in the episode altogether. I’m having a hard time because they already had a Cinderella and she was nothing like this Cindy. I just don’t think they should have chosen a character they’ve already used.
Also, I must have missed the memo because I had no idea there were only 3 returning original cast members. :sad2:That could be a deal breaker for me.
I really felt it should have ended last season and if it doesn’t get better than this last episode I might be done with it anyway.
At the very beginning when young Henry leaves he says there are many different versions of each character like an Italian Snow White etc. in different realms. Retelling Cinderella didn’t phase me and actually made a lot of sense when you consider just how many times these stories have been told.

I think I liked it. I like Lucy a lot and grown up Henry is spot on. Of course I have a billion questions. I’ll definitely keep tuning in. I think it has promise.

At the very beginning when young Henry leaves he says there are many different versions of each character like an Italian Snow White etc. in different realms. Retelling Cinderella didn’t phase me and actually made a lot of sense when you consider just how many times these stories have been told.

I think I liked it. I like Lucy a lot and grown up Henry is spot on. Of course I have a billion questions. I’ll definitely keep tuning in. I think it has promise.
True, Henry did say that but I guess I just loved the show so much and this is so different that it’s tough for me. I’ll probably watch a few more episodes to see where it goes but I hate change!! I liked the original cast and it just seems wrong to me that most of them are gone. :sad1:

I don't like the new cast. So, I am not going to be watching on a weekly basis. I might tune in now and then. It is missing something.

I wasn’t a fan. I just don’t think they will get the chemistry they had with the original cast and if you are going to replay the same basic story you have to have the chemistry.

What did everyone think of Gold as a cop?

Ah, but is he a good cop or a bad cop?

I loved the original and understood they couldn't go anywhere with the original cast since they had fixed everything, but not sure how I feel about this edgy feel.

I am intrigued. I think once we see Gold and Regina back to rembering their true selves it may be fun to watch them go after the step mother. She is certainly the evil you love to hate.

I think we still have a long way to go with other retold stories not just Cinderella. Alice surprised me and I am looking forward to her story.

I like the retelling of the stories in different ways. I miss Snow and Charming but it was getting to a point that they had done all they could do, their story was told and how many times can they "find each other".?

I still don't understand the need to reboot what was already a successful show. I just finished watching the first episode of the new one, and it has me intrigued. I know I will miss a lot of the characters from the other show, but I will give the new one a chance and see what happens. I never was a fan of Gold, but I did like Regina and Hook, and with Swan coming back for at least an episode, maybe it will get better. I am curious to see where the 'new' Henry and Cinderella story goes.

Better than I thought it would be, but not sure how long it'll keep my interest. Of course, I felt the last couple of seasons were a bit of a slog, so...

I still don't understand the need to reboot what was already a successful show. I just finished watching the first episode of the new one, and it has me intrigued. I know I will miss a lot of the characters from the other show, but I will give the new one a chance and see what happens. I never was a fan of Gold, but I did like Regina and Hook, and with Swan coming back for at least an episode, maybe it will get better. I am curious to see where the 'new' Henry and Cinderella story goes.

I think it may have come from some of the actors leaving. But honestly I think it had to be for the show to continue. They would have had to go in a very different direction with Snow, Charming and Emma. Not sure it would have worked.

Emma is supposed to come back for an episode or a few episodes (maybe scattered out) and so is Belle and Zelena.

In all honesty the three remaining were my favorites anyway. Regina just IS OUAT to me. And it's always fun figuring out which direction Gold is going to take. Can't wait to see HOW they get their memories back this time

I thought it was okay, will have to watch a few more episodes to hopefully get more into it and forget this adult Henry played a cannibal in The Walking Dead :tongue:

My kids watched it this evening and they approve. Older DD thought is was well done and DS was jumping up and down excited to put the next one on. I had to break it to him that it’s not on Sundays anymore. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter