Once Upon a dream TR: Intimate WP/ Citricos Chef's Domain/ Grand 1/ Tour/ COMPLETE

Great report.
Looks like a fun time.

Thanks for saying so, it was a fun time. It was nice to get to bring a bit of Disney home to everyone at home.

Wow Tiffany--- Ottawa is breathtaking! So beautiful! No wonder you two fell in love there :love: It looks like you, Simon, and your guests had a great time! That's so cute that everyone toasted along with your video! mmmm your brownie sundae sounds delicious, I want some right now ;) I cannot wait to hear about the final stop!

I just :love: Ottawa, and one of the reasons why I love it is because it is a city that is dedicated to health, fitness, and good living. When we were there on the Ottawa tour stop I saw countless people out running, cycling, etc. They close down the parkway on Sunday and it turns into a place where the entire city comes out to cycle, run and rollerblade. This is my favourite picture...
WeddingTourOttawa263.jpg

Below the hill you can see one of the many paths that they have. It was part of my favourite route while I was there. I just felt so lucky to first run by the Parliament buildings, then along the Ottawa river, cross the historic canals and finish in the market. It's a much nicer route than what I currently have :rolleyes: (For safety reasons I can't run alone here in remote areas so I run by a really busy road. Not pretty at all.) Oh I miss it so much sometimes!

Tiffany, I love this installment. No wonder you and Zach (oops I mean Simon) fell in love in Ottawa. I would too-- that place is gorgeous and reminds me of London. Love it! Looks like a great trip this go round.

OKay-- so Simon reminds me a lot of the actor Zach Braff. He played in the movie "Garden State", was also on the show "Scrubs", etc. Heres his photo-- everytime I see Simon I think im lookin gat Zach Braff...haha..
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0103785/photogallery

Haha! Now that you mention it, I see it! I think I'll bug him about that later :thumbsup2 Once we were stopped in a restaurant and a woman said: "Does anyone ever tell you that you look like Tom Cruise?" :rolleyes: OMG, he was on cloud 9. A bit vain that boy :rotfl: But I love him anyways :hug:

Thanks for loving Ottawa! I love getting to share it with all of you here. The feeling is actually similar to when I was exploring it for the first time.

Tiffany, I am so glad you posted your next instalment. Ottawa looks simply beautiful, it now has a high position on the list of places I want to visit, I absolutely love the buildings. You and Simon make such a beautiful couple, has Simon let his hair grow longer? It really suits him:thumbsup2
I just realised I have talked to you for ages and I have no idea how old you both are, you both look so young, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to of course;)
Okay brownie sundae dessert, how can you tease me like that and not post the recipe???? I LOVE brownies and it sounds amazing, I'm waiting...

Thanks Summer! I hope you do get to come and visit Ottawa. It's beautiful in the summertime and there's a lot going on. Canada Day there is pretty amazing. Simon did let his hair grow out a bit -- he has a tendency to grow it, and then cut it too short :rolleyes: -- which he did just last week. It's ok though because it gave me the opportunity I needed to go and get my hair cut (as he likes it long). When I see the opportunity, I take it :rotfl: We're both older than we look, though you're right we look younger. He's turning 29 in 2 weeks and I'll be 28 this November. We both still get carded at The Beer Store :rotfl:

This is my uber-deluxe, now-not-so-secret brownie sundae receipe:
The brownies:
1/2 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together, then remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) together in a medium sized bowl by hand.
4. Stir in the chocolate/butter.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour mix into greased pan.
7. Bake for 30 mins.

Then all you need to do to turn it into a sundae is to take a warm brownie (not hot, but warm), scoop vanilla ice cream on top, drizzle with hot fudge, and garnish with whipped cream.

These are VERY tasty, but they are...ahem....not diet friendly. So much so that I try to forget how good they are.

Thank you so much for the recipe, it sounds uber tasty and I will definately use it, maybe after the wedding though:thumbsup2
Wow, you and I are the same age, cool, I'm 28 in February. You do look much younger though, which is always handy later on!!!

Thank you so much for the recipe, it sounds uber tasty and I will definately use it, maybe after the wedding though:thumbsup2
Wow, you and I are the same age, cool, I'm 28 in February. You do look much younger though, which is always handy later on!!!

I don't blame you for wanting to wait. It's definately a "off-day" receipe. My new haircut makes me look a bit older, but it's just the babyface I think. It's funny though that both Simon and I suffer from the same problem. We were the ones that were always holding up our friends by getting carded :rotfl:

I guess I missed this because you started it while I was away for my wedding. I'm so glad I found it! Your wedding tour is a great idea! What better thing to do than to get to extend your celebration and make it last longer :) Like others have said, I love the tickets. What a neat idea! I also was in tears watching your 'growing up' video! I am such a sucker for video montages. I always wanted to be on MTV's The Real World just so I could have my life set to music :goodvibes It was so sweet of Simon to do that for you, what a guy :thumbsup2

I always wanted to be on MTV's The Real World just so I could have my life set to music :goodvibes

Hahaaaa :lmao: Karen- you're such a dork! That sounds like something I would say :rotfl: ;) :hug:

Tiffany- sorry to momentaril hijack your thread! For the brownies... can you make them the day before and then reheat them when you serve them w/ the ice cream? DH's parents are having an informal anniversary party for their parents in August and I'm making some desserts and I'd love to make these. I know my MIL won't like me baking in her kitchen though so I'd have to bake them at home the day before. Thanks :)

I guess I missed this because you started it while I was away for my wedding. I'm so glad I found it! Your wedding tour is a great idea! What better thing to do than to get to extend your celebration and make it last longer :) Like others have said, I love the tickets. What a neat idea! I also was in tears watching your 'growing up' video! I am such a sucker for video montages. I always wanted to be on MTV's The Real World just so I could have my life set to music :goodvibes It was so sweet of Simon to do that for you, what a guy :thumbsup2

Thanks Karen!!!!! I has been nice to get to re-live that magical time. Simon was too nice to do it. He actually did that from about 4 videotape. My dad must have upwards of 20, but we just couldn't get through them all. I was pretty lucky to have a dad that was into recording everything too! He even has me on supereights!

Hahaaaa :lmao: Karen- you're such a dork! That sounds like something I would say :rotfl: ;) :hug:

Tiffany- sorry to momentaril hijack your thread! For the brownies... can you make them the day before and then reheat them when you serve them w/ the ice cream? DH's parents are having an informal anniversary party for their parents in August and I'm making some desserts and I'd love to make these. I know my MIL won't like me baking in her kitchen though so I'd have to bake them at home the day before. Thanks :)

Absolutely :thumbsup2 That's what is so great about them. I tend to microwave them to reheat them. It's such a great dessert, and they're fast to make as well. But....another warning...they are for the chocoholic ;)

I have to laugh, because as I was browsing your pics of Ottawa I thought they looked very familiar. It was weird because the only place in Canada I've ever been is Vancouver. Then I realized where I had seen those beautiful buildings...Oh Canada! in Epcot! :rotfl: Figures.

Thanks for posting your wedding tour. It gives me hope that the magic will continue after my own big day. :goodvibes

If I'm completely honest, I have to tell you that I have put off writing this installment for about two weeks. I had the pictures downloaded and ready to go, and I had more than enough time to sit down and write it out.

And yet, something stopped me.

It may have been that I just didn't want this journey to end, or it may have simply been that I feared the last stop was far too low key to write about.

The truth of the matter is that compared to the events I had to write about while I was at Disney, the final stop of the tour was understated at best.

I wasn't sure how I could make it exciting for all of you.

Because all we did was get together and chat. About the wedding, about the things that had happened in the past years that had brought us together and also caused us to drift apart.

We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine...
WeddingTourToronto018.jpg

We watched the wedding video...
WeddingTourToronto012.jpg

Simon and I ran around trying to be the best hosts we could be. Because it was just the two of us hosting we actually didn't even get a chance to get a picture taken together. Though, he did manage to catch me...
WeddingTourToronto023.jpg

The night wore on, and while some of our guests needed to leave to get ready for work the next day, others stayed late, just for the chance to be together.
WeddingTourToronto026.jpg

A couple days ago I realized that I shouldn't have been worried about how to make this last installment exciting. Everything that I had hoped for had come true. All I had wanted for the wedding tour was to have an opportunity to visit our friends and family and spend time together. And that's exactly what happened. It was perfect. :cloud9:

I'm a very lucky person to have the people I have around me. From my friends I've known forever, to those I developed while in law school; from my parents who have loved and supported me since I was just a baby to my new in-laws who immediately did their best to make our wedding dreams come true. And then there's Simon, dear Simon. He's been there through it all.
simontiff1.jpg

simontiff2.jpg

simontiff3.jpg

simontiff4.jpg

simontiff5.jpg

simontiff6.jpg

simontiff7.jpg

I just don't know what I'd do without him.

I'm also thankful that I've had the chance to get to know the ladies I have on this board. You helped me through the process more than you'll ever know. I won't attempt to name you all, you know who you are :hug:

For those of you just stumbling upong this report, I hope it will be or has been helpful.

As for me, I suppose it's time for me to bid farewell. Afterall, all my wedding planning is over.

It's time to plan the annivesary trip....;)

See you around the DIS pixiedust:

Oh Tiffany, I had tears in my eyes while reading your last words on your TR. I love, love, love the pics of you and Simon, you make such a beautiful couple. I wish you and Simon all the happiness in the world, you both deserve it. Your TR has helped me out more than you will ever realise. All I can say is I thank you from the bottom of my heart:hug:

Oh Tiffany, I had tears in my eyes while reading your last words on your TR. I love, love, love the pics of you and Simon, you make such a beautiful couple. I wish you and Simon all the happiness in the world, you both deserve it. Your TR has helped me out more than you will ever realise. All I can say is I thank you from the bottom of my heart:hug:

Aww thanks so much Summer :hug: I'm glad you caught the end of it all. I'm afraid with the mass exoudus from the DIS wedding board that many of whom read along won't read my thanks that I sent to them in the final post. I'm glad you were here to read it! :hug:

Just found this report and am loving it already. I wanted to post so I do not lose it. I need to sign off for now but will look for more when I get back on tomorrow.

Linda

Tiffany,

I just found your trip report and read the whole thing tonight. Thank you so much for sharing all of the details of your time at Disney and your wedding tour! You looked gorgeous in your dress! I'm glad to hear how much you like Anna. I have her booked for my wedding, and I have no clue what to do with my hair. I'm sure she'll be a big help. Have fun planning the anniversary trip!

Awwwwww! :hug: What a wonderful last post! It was so sweet and moving! You and your hubby are just so adorable! I loved being able to share that special moment in your life with you, I really felt like I was right there! :grouphug: I just love the pictures at the end of you and Simon through the years. What a perfect way to end such a moving and Magical trippie! :wizard: :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter