Onboard Airline Check-in Help!

WanderingAlice

Mouseketeer
HELP!! I just completed my online check-in as well as the onboard airline check-in (we are doing ground transportation both ways), but I am unsure if I completed this section correctly. I understand that when listing your incoming flight information you include all of your connecting flights. But when listing your outgoing flight information, do you put the outgoing airport and then your connecting destination OR your final destination? For example, we are flying out from Miami with a stop in Atlanta and the final stop to Memphis. Do I put Atlanta or Memphis? I just want to make sure our luggage comes back in the right place!😅 Thanks in advance!

DCL is only concerned with your first outbound flight in case there are any issues getting back to port in time. Your luggage will be routed to your final destination by your airline.

When did they start getting OAC info before boarding? Yes, you give them flight info before, but there has always been a separate form for OAC to fill out and turn in at the port or on board (what I would do as it got majorly screwed up when I gave it to the person at the port).

I think the OP might be confused. During the online check-in, they ask EVERYONE what their travel plans are for after the cruise and if you are flying what airline/flight #. This is not information for Onboard Airline check-in. (Unless this is a VERY recent addition as I just checked in for my cruises a week or two ago and there was no OAC.) Unless they also asked you for the # of luggage pieces being checked for each individual and your reservation code, you have NOT completed Onboard Airline Checkin and will want to make sure you do that when you check in at the port or at guest services onboard early in your cruise.

When did they start getting OAC info before boarding? Yes, you give them flight info before, but there has always been a separate form for OAC to fill out and turn in at the port or on board (what I would do as it got majorly screwed up when I gave it to the person at the port).

Yes. We've always had to complete a form and turn it in at GC after boarding the ship.

I think the OP might be confused. During the online check-in, they ask EVERYONE what their travel plans are for after the cruise and if you are flying what airline/flight #. This is not information for Onboard Airline check-in. (Unless this is a VERY recent addition as I just checked in for my cruises a week or two ago and there was no OAC.) Unless they also asked you for the # of luggage pieces being checked for each individual and your reservation code, you have NOT completed Onboard Airline Checkin and will want to make sure you do that when you check in at the port or at guest services onboard early in your cruise.
But I did do all that and completed onboard airline check in. They asked my # of luggage and and reservation code, which I entered. The only questions I am asking are do I put my final destination for my returning flight? I also heard that Miami is different from Port Canaveral - apparently they do NOT take care of the luggage and get it checked in with the airline. I will still be responsible for picking it up from the cruise ship terminal and taking it to the airport. Is that true? Please tell me if my line of thinking is correct: we signed up for onboard airline check in and grand transportation, we leave our luggage at stateroom doors the night before, DCL picks up our luggage and put it in the ground transportation bus to the airport, we get our luggage from the bus and take it to be checked-in, go through TSA, we don’t pick our luggage up at our connecting city baggage claim BUT our final city baggage claim. Am I correct? Why is this so confusing to me? Haha

If they have your reservation code for the flight, they have your final destination. So if they only ask for one flight, give them the flight # from Miami with the connecting city as the destination. Checking baggage on that reservation will automatically check it through to your final destination. So no, you don't have to do anything with your luggage at your connecting airport - just get yourself to the gate for your connecting flight.

I have not done Onboard Airline Check-in in Miami. But it seems to me it would lose most of the benefit if you have to collect your luggage and get it to the airline. Hopefully someone who has done it on Miami cruises can confirm the process there because what you describe is VERY different from OAC from Port Canaveral!

So I have gotten mixed answers so far on whether I need to put my connecting city or my final destination for my outgoing flight information. Can anyone confirm this? I figured this would be a simple question.

You would put the flight number of the flight that leaves Miami. The night before the cruise you leave your luggage out in the hall and DCL will take and store it. The next morning it will offloaded and brought to the airport via truck. You will not see it again until your home airport so leave out anything you will need the day you fly. Once your bags are set out in the hall you will not have access to them.

I think people were confused as adding Onboard Airline Check In to the Online check in process Is very new. You used to have to do it in the port or onboard at Guest Services.

MJ

We have cruised out of Miami and used Onboard Airline Checkin but just with direct flights. I can confirm that it works just like Port Canaveral and as mmouse37 described. You will not have to deal with your checked bags at MIA or the connecting airport. Nice that it is now available to sign up for it during online checkin. Happy sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!