On Top of the World Lounge

While off center to watch the fireworks, still a good view. They pipe in the music for fireworks.

The off-center fireworks drove me crazy when I watched from there! That was when it was Wishes...I wonder if it is any better now with the new show.

The off-center fireworks drove me crazy when I watched from there! That was when it was Wishes...I wonder if it is any better now with the new show.

It's ok with the new show. The fireworks are off center, but still visable, but you do not get any of the epic castle projections.
I liked viewing it in park for the projections, then from the lounge for the fireworks on another night. It is impossible to focus on both during the same viewing.

WDW designs their fireworks to be centered above the castle so the new show is also off center when viewed from TOTWL.

Actually...

From Disney Vacation Club's website...

"Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018."

Block out dates are July 3rd/4th and December 30th/31st due to the amazement of the fireworks show. Those are the only nights it is reserved for DVC members staying at BLT.

I would add though that at any time they are nearing or at capacity they do give preference to those staying in BLT. We did encounter this on two trips, though probably not a frequent thing.

Since this location is normally only for DVC staying at BLT is this something that I should plan to do this trip incase they change it back to just BLT guests?

Since this location is normally only for DVC staying at BLT is this something that I should plan to do this trip incase they change it back to just BLT guests?

It is not normally only for BLT guests. That's only 4 days a year. Other days it is open to all DVC members - resale and direct purchase.
As for a backup plan - sure. Doesn't hurt to plan in case of rain anyway.

Other than Dec 30,31 and July 3,4, ( when we stay at BLT and go up without any problems. It has been full some of those nights) we have been to the Lounge about 20 times and have never been turned away.

It is not normally only for BLT guests. That's only 4 days a year. Other days it is open to all DVC members - resale and direct purchase.
And those four days a year it is for DVC members staying at BLT, not cash guests or renters.

It's been several years since it was BLT guests only. Changing that is not something to worry about.

I am pretty sure cash guests and renters, unless hosted by a DVC member, are excluded all 365 days of the year.
Yes, I was responding to your earlier post to make sure the poster was aware that it only applied to DVC members staying at BLT.

Another fun fact about the music being piped in. It is also playing on the ground floor outside at the entrance to BLT. While the fireworks are partially blocked being down so low, it is another spot to watch with the music.

So just so I'm clear, here is my scenario. I am a resale DVC owner that purchased resale with the limited perks (I was not grandfathered in).

We will be staying on a cash reservation in March at All Star Music. Can I still use the Top of the World lounge on that visit as long as I have my DVC membership ID?

So just so I'm clear, here is my scenario. I am a resale DVC owner that purchased resale with the limited perks (I was not grandfathered in).

We will be staying on a cash reservation in March at All Star Music. Can I still use the Top of the World lounge on that visit as long as I have my DVC membership ID?
Access to the Top of the World Lounge is open to ALL DVC Members (including resale). For most nights of the year, you will have access as long as you are staying at a Disney owned & operated resort.

Shorter answer. Yes.

We loved TOTWL! We've only been once but planning to go back again since we'll be on the monorail this time around. We had the Bay Lake Sunset, cheese board, and then DH had some sort of coconut (I think?) cocktail with rosemary in it. We didn't go at peak time so it was very relaxing and there was only one other party in the lounge. From the back terrace (that doesn't face MK) we were able to see the Orlando Eye and some sort of launch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter