On Top of the World Lounge

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
Is that the BLT lounge? I've suddenly forgotten. It's for all DVC members, right?

How is it? Is it a drink and light fare type of place? If I wanted to go throughout the week in early May, how long should I plan to have a good view of fireworks?

We have 5 children, and are hoping for a "date night" this coming trip if my parents and sister aren't too burnt out to watch the littles for a bit. We won't be able to be away for too long because we will have a 6 month old who I am nursing. I am, essentially, hoping for a quiet spot to enjoy a quick drink with my husband for our 10 year anniversary, while watching fireworks.

It is a good place for a drink and lite snacks. Nice bar and nice comfy seating areas. You can walk outside on the deck to see the fireworks. It has been a few years since we were there. We had some soft pretzels with a cheese dip and I think a flatbread, but you know I'm sure the menu has changed.

Menu items are very fancy ingredients, my daughter wasn't having any of it. Bought a round or two, couple of apps and left without a shirt (party of 4 adults 2 kids bill was like $295 /before tip). Plus, you have to hold your kids up to see the fireworks over the wall. That was quite a workout. Great time tho

Menu items are very fancy ingredients, my daughter wasn't having any of it. Bought a round or two, couple of apps and left without a shirt (party of 4 adults 2 kids bill was like $295 /before tip). Plus, you have to hold your kids up to see the fireworks over the wall. That was quite a workout. Great time tho
How did you spend $295 here? Apps range from $9 - $12, drinks about the same. Even if you figure 2 rounds of drinks and 4 apps at $15 each that comes to $120. I’m genuinely curious about this.

It was true that it was for BLT guests only but they have opened it up to all DVC members onsite the last few years (extended through 2018).

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom’s most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

https://*******.com/dvc-top-world-lounge-extended-2018/

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dv...top-of-the-world-access-extended-through-2018

Yes and no.

You have to be a DVC member who is staying at BLT using points.

So, no cash guests. No DVC members staying at another property.
Actually...

From Disney Vacation Club's website...

"Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018."

Block out dates are July 3rd/4th and December 30th/31st due to the amazement of the fireworks show. Those are the only nights it is reserved for DVC members staying at BLT.

We've done this a couple of times. Once we had some appetizers and beverages. The other times we just went up for the fireworks. There were 5 of us so we split a couple of the appetizers (they were good. I wouldn't hesitate to order them again). We also split the cake. It was HUGE!!!! And really, it was so rich that a couple of bites was enough. If you are going for a drink and appetizers, I would get there an hour or so before the fireworks. Then you can sit and enjoy your beverages and the view. You also might be able to get one of the window tables if you get there early enough. Then you could watch the fireworks from inside. However, if it's nice out, we always go outside and watch the fireworks from the outside viewing area. It really is a pretty cool place to watch the fireworks from. It's a totally different experience from watching them in the park.

Have a great trip!

We've been there once and really enjoyed it. Good appetizers, wine and drink menu. While off center to watch the fireworks, still a good view. They pipe in the music for fireworks.

FYI, they no longer serve frozen drinks. We were there just before Christmas, and I was disappointed I couldn't get my usual lava smoothie. Kids wanted virgin pina coladas, but they settled for TOTWs (orange and pineapple juices and grenadine). The server said the bar just gets too backed up. Not sure we'll bother going up there anymore.

FYI, they no longer serve frozen drinks. We were there just before Christmas, and I was disappointed I couldn't get my usual lava smoothie. Kids wanted virgin pina coladas, but they settled for TOTWs (orange and pineapple juices and grenadine). The server said the bar just gets too backed up. Not sure we'll bother going up there anymore.

Yeah - I couldn't get the Tip Top Colada in October. The manager said they didn't have Pina Colada mix. I figure they don't qualify as an actual tourist location bar anymore. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!