On the plane now...

Claki

Mouseketeer
We're almost "just back." Here are a few random musings about our adult, 4 night, 5 day trip staying at AKL:

Crowds were heavier than in September. If you take away the international tour groups and various travelers, they probably would have been slightly lower than September.

Service was amazing, not one single bad experience, everything was perfect logistically.

Magic bands and Fastpass+ were seamless and we had zero issues.

Transportation was fantastic. No issues or complaints. We stayed at Jambo House and I don't understand those who say it's too far away or longer rides. Our only ride that was longish was to DTD. The rides to Epcot, DHS, and MK were the same if not shorter than in Sept. when riding from POR. Don't let transportation stop you from staying at AKL.

Weather -- We lucked out. It was perfect as well. 60s and 70s the entire 5 days. For a brief moment it misted at us one morning, but it wasn't enough to pull out the ponchos.

Room -- we stayed standard and ended up in a room directly above a people pen on the Sunset Savannah. We watched many animals from our balcony. However our room was not any bigger than our room at POR in September. In fact, because of the layout it would have been much harder for me to stay at AKL with my kids. I won't hesitate to stay there again, just not a standard room for a family of 4.

Also:
We really enjoyed resort hopping along the monorail, our dinner at California Grill, the service everywhere, and staying deluxe.

In AK, on the Safari the guide pretended to take a detour and we went on a shaky bridge. These theatrics did not occur on our Safari in September. I have read that a version of this was the norm years ago.

The Grand Floridian had a new tea menu and prices. I have posted some details on the restaurant board and will add more.

Glad you had fun and a great weather.

About the monorail crawl. We too have done this and it is quite nice to relax, take your time at each hotel and then dine at the end of the night with Wishes in the distance. The things that we used to never slow down for are some of our favorites now. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter