On the Adventure of the Seas right now...

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am currently on the Adventure of the seas.

It's a sea day. The weather is perfect. It feels like everyone has decided to go to the pool so it's been impossible to find two chairs available since 10 AM (EDIT: At 2:00 PM we finally found 2 chairs together woohooooo!)

The cabins are not in great shape (definitely due for refurbishments) but they are very practical and comfortable. Our GTY cabins are on Deck 2 (AFT). It is soooo quiet. Best sleep I've had on a cruise so far.

EDIT: Avoid cabin 2352-2354 at all cost unless your family is in the two cabins because there is a huge gap in the connecting door and we could clearly hear all conversations. Unfortunately, inconsiderate neighbours who would speak loud, sing loud and have loud "adult fun" at 2:30 AM. They woke us up 3 times in the middle of the night during the cruise.

The rest of the ship is in great shape and absolutely gorgeous.

We went to Chops Grille for lunch on embarkation day and it was fantastic.

The food is good. Nothing spectacular but overall satisfying. (I think Carnival beats everyone when it comes to included food) but Windjammer has a long of options and the lunch buffet in the dining room for lunch is very nice.

The staff is absolutely wonderful. So nice and efficient.

This cruise really confirms that I love Royal!

Last edited:
Hi! I am currently on the Adventure of the seas.

It's a sea day. The weather is perfect. It feels like everyone has decided to go to the pool so it's been impossible to find two chairs available since 10 AM (EDIT: At 2:00 PM we finally found 2 chairs together woohooooo!)

The cabins are not in great shape (definitely due for refurbishments) but they are very practical and comfortable. Our GTY cabins are on Deck 2 (AFT). It is soooo quiet. Best sleep I've had on a cruise so far.

The rest of the ship is in great shape and absolutely gorgeous.

We went to Chops Grille for lunch on embarkation day and it was fantastic.

The food is good. Nothing spectacular but overall satisfying. (I think Carnival beats everyone when it comes to included food) but Windjammer has a long of options and the lunch buffet in the dining room for lunch is very nice.

The staff is absolutely wonderful. So nice and efficient.

This cruise really confirms that I love Royal!

Glad the weather is good and cabin is quiet. Our Mariner Double Dip is coming up and hope the 2BR Aft Suite is quiet. Thinking about booking another while on board if things go well. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

OH - some pics would be nice if you find time. :goodvibes

We got off Adventure in December and loved it. Glad your weather is good. Enjoy!
Looking forward to hearing more thoughts.

The show "ROOKIE" is absolutely spectacular. It's my 10th cruise (DCL-Carnival- RCCL) and it's the best show I've ever seen.

Glad the weather is good and cabin is quiet. Our Mariner Double Dip is coming up and hope the 2BR Aft Suite is quiet. Thinking about booking another while on board if things go well. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

OH - some pics would be nice if you find time. :goodvibes

I will. As soon as the cruise is over!

Curious if Royal labels food items in the windjammer with dietary info. Celebrity had this on the Edge and it made being gluten free easy in the buffet. Looking forward to your pictures and full review. We will be on the Adventure this year.

It is nice that someone I know through their posts over the years, opinion. On CC RCCL board I have no clue about the posters tastes so I have to read those reviews differently.

Last edited:
Awesome! We will be sailing on Adventure in March and I cannot wait! We have an aft balcony and I am hoping to spend a lot of time out there.

Are there places to eat lunch that are not buffets? We don't really do buffet meals. Too many gross people touching utensils and food. Or are there areas in the buffet where someone else is plating your food, like a create your own pasta station, or a carving station? We were spoiled by El Loco and Sorrento's on Symphony and I am worried we won't find anything to eat all day on Adventure.

Tell the Capt. to put the pedal to the metal so you get back sooner so you can post. -------

R U Home YET ??? I'm WAITING!!!! :duck:

SERIOUSLY though, relax and ENJOY THE CRUISE !!!! :banana:

We're done with all the port days, there's just one sea day left and I'm already sad.

I don't wanna go home!!!

Curious if Royal labels food items in the windjammer with dietary info. Celebrity had this on the Edge and it made being gluten free easy in the buffet. Looking forward to your pictures and full review. We will be on the Adventure this year.

It is nice that someone I know through their posts over the years, opinion. On CC RCCL board I have no clue about the posters tastes so I have to read those reviews differently.

I don't think or at least I haven't noticed. I will try to pay attention next time I'll go.

I have to say that some items were hit or miss but I always find something I love.

Awesome! We will be sailing on Adventure in March and I cannot wait! We have an aft balcony and I am hoping to spend a lot of time out there.

Are there places to eat lunch that are not buffets? We don't really do buffet meals. Too many gross people touching utensils and food. Or are there areas in the buffet where someone else is plating your food, like a create your own pasta station, or a carving station? We were spoiled by El Loco and Sorrento's on Symphony and I am worried we won't find anything to eat all day on Adventure.

They do a 50%-50% buffet/à la carte lunch in the dining room you might enjoy.

They also have stations... pasta, omelettes/carving stations were the staff gives you some items.

They take the "washy washy" thing seriously.

They do a 50%-50% buffet/à la carte lunch in the dining room you might enjoy.

They also have stations... pasta, omelettes/carving stations were the staff gives you some items.

They take the "washy washy" thing seriously.

Ok, good to know. Hopefully we can find enough food that hasn't been coughed on, licked, sneezed on, etc. that we don't go hungry. No one seemed to care about the hand washing stations on Symphony.

It's unfortunate that the hand washing/sanitizing isn't something you can unilaterally impose on people. It SHOULD be a no brainer, but some folks just won't do it if they can.

This is how they do it... 20200117_081616.jpg20200117_081630.jpg

Ok, good to know. Hopefully we can find enough food that hasn't been coughed on, licked, sneezed on, etc. that we don't go hungry. No one seemed to care about the hand washing stations on Symphony.

I can confirm they also do breakfast in the dining room. It's extra cost but I also recommend Chops Grille lunch on embarkation day because the buffet is insane.

It's unfortunate that the hand washing/sanitizing isn't something you can unilaterally impose on people. It SHOULD be a no brainer, but some folks just won't do it if they can.

I know. I don't get it. You do it for your own safety and out of respect for other guests. It's a no brainer for me too.

Side note: My family and I speak french and the crew/servers have spoken to us in french (or at least tried) everywhere and every day. We've received a call explaining us the details for the next day every single day. I've never had that on any other cruise line.

(It's not necessary as were are bilingual but we cam appreciate it).

I can confirm they also do breakfast in the dining room. It's extra cost but I also recommend Chops Grille lunch on embarkation day because the buffet is insane.
Yeah for the 1st day buffet (if you're insistent on going) it's best that you get onboard early then go once it's opened. You can get one, maybe two visits in before it gets slammed. Not that you should grab all the foods in one go or anything (way too many options for that), but be aware that an extra trip might not be in the cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter