On Site Hotels unavailable in early November?

Twilightstar18

Earning My Ears
First time to Universal Studios with my kids who are 10 and 8. We will be there Sat Nov 2- Thurs Nov 7. I've been checking for a couple of weeks and for some reason there are no on-site hotels available for that time frame. Is there a conference at the time? I know Nov 2 is the last night of HHN but the weekends and weeks before all have availability. Should I look elsewhere or do rooms usually open up. It'll be myself and the kids so it'll be easier if we are on site but I do need to plan for car rental etc if the chance is low that something will come up. Thanks!

Hmmm, not sure. If I put in Nov 1-7, Cabana Bay standard room pops up (for $181 which is not cheap!) That is Jersey week, which is usually busy. If there is a conference holding rooms, they may open up, but no guarantees.

Hmmm, not sure. If I put in Nov 1-7, Cabana Bay standard room pops up (for $181 which is not cheap!) That is Jersey week, which is usually busy. If there is a conference holding rooms, they may open up, but no guarantees.

Interesting... you're right, when you include Nov 1 at least Cabana Bay opens up. But for some reason starting with Nov 2 there is nothing available. Even when I called in yesterday, I was told there was nothing available until Nov 5. Strange though that with Nov 1 there is availability. Also good to know re Jersey week. Thanks!

We booked those exact dates last spring at RPR and although I've checked relentlessly, an AP discount has never popped up. We've been this week in 2017 and it wasn't too bad but it looks like it'll be crazy this year if there is no availability. Yikes!

My family will be there that week should we pay $90 more one night to stay at a hotel that will give us unlimited ep?

My family will be there that week should we pay $90 more one night to stay at a hotel that will give us unlimited ep?

Unlimited express pass is an awesome perk. Changing hotels during a stay, not so much.
I would do it, my husband can't deal. :rotfl:

Last December we booked a night at Royal Pacific during the trip to get the EP, while staying at BWI in Disney. So on one of the nights we had two hotel rooms, one in Disney and one at Universal. We just packed a small suitcase with what we needed for one night and stayed at RPR that night. That way I got my husband to stay at the Studios until close to 9pm. He would have never done that if we had to drive back to Disney. He acts like he's 90 years old sometimes. ;);)

OP I would keep checking, also check for AP rates. The seasonal AP might be worth it for one person in your group if it opens up hotel availability. We just purchased seasonal AP’s last week and they were $300 ish before tax.

If you haven’t been to Universal in a few years (new rides you def want to experience) then yes I would absolutely pay $90 more for 1 night, that will give you express passes for 2 days.

Microsoft Ignite is being held during those dates. It might be impacting room availability. I know they are supposed to be holding some event one evening at the parks.

2 nights opened up at RPR so I've booked that- which from what I understand will give us 3 days of EPs. Will head over to Disney after the 3rd day. This wasn't part of the original plan but worked out well, as I'm hoping with the EPs now we should be able to do everything we hope to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!