on site hotel check-out receipt

tink89

DIS Veteran
I am hoping someone can help answer this question that has been on my mind.

When you check out of a on site property do they give you a receipt or total of anything?
I can't remember how it went for last time we stayed there. I think i just turned in the keys.

I made 3 reservations with my email and i am paying with my credit card for mine and 2 families (mom and aunt). Family gives me the money and I pay their reservation.( that way i get points back).

I would like to switch to PP and make an extra payment to both reservation and just tell the family the total cost would be X(total- what i am paying). And ask if they want to switch and not tell them i made an extra payment.

Now when we check out what is given to everyone? Can i check out for everyone?

I haven’t physically checked out of a hotel in years. It’s unneccesary unless you have questions about room charges.

Turning in keycards isn’t needed bc they are personalized with your name
They aren’t reused.

BUT when we’ve stayed onsite they leave a detailed charge list under our door checkout day. So you might see if you can keep them from doing that.

They leave a check out folio on your door early morning on your last day. You can ask them not to put it on the door. I do this on trips when I am paying for my mom or kids.

I haven’t physically checked out of a hotel in years. It’s unneccesary unless you have questions about room charges.

Turning in keycards isn’t needed bc they are personalized with your name
They aren’t reused.

BUT when we’ve stayed onsite they leave a detailed charge list under our door checkout day. So you might see if you can keep them from doing that.
Your right i kept the key cards. I went to the check out to ask about holding our bags.

They leave a check out folio on your door early morning on your last day. You can ask them not to put it on the door. I do this on trips when I am paying for my mom or kids.

I apparently do not have the best memory because i can't remember this at all and we were just there in December.

Now i am paying with my credit card and using my name email but with them as guests in each of their rooms. I am assuming they are going to want to add a credit card for ordering room service and such.
Can i still request they do not send the folio if they are using their CC? Are they good about doing this? Like they won't forget and send the folio anyways? What is included on the folio? Extra room charges only or the whole total?

I once took my mom for her birthday and requested them to send something up to her room (wine/chocolates) but charge me. When we got home she told me they had charged her for the stuff i sent her so i gave her cash. ( not on site)

If they have their credit card attached, I don't know if you can have them not deliver it, because I am sure they want to see what they are paying for. Usually, everything from the stay is listed from daily room charges to parking to room service charges. It is usually in a yellow and white envelope and it is hung on the door.

If they have their credit card attached, I don't know if you can have them not deliver it, because I am sure they want to see what they are paying for. Usually, everything from the stay is listed from daily room charges to parking to room service charges. It is usually in a yellow and white envelope and it is hung on the door.
Hmmmm. for some reason i still do no remember getting this. I think I received an email only with the information on how to check out.

This might be a bit more complicated than i thought.

ETA: Is there any difference when you book through Costco travel?

When I have booked hotel with travelocity or expedia, my credit card has already been charged by travel company. Hotel has no idea how much that I paid for room. Only charges that show up on folio under the door on check out day is the daily resort fee of $20 and any purchases that were charged with hotel card.

Thanks All. I contacted Disney and they said that only new charges should appear since the hotel stay and tickets were already paid for. And that i could also talk to someone there and they could help make sure the hotel cost does not appear.

If anyone is staying there soon please let me know you experience.

We checked out from GCH yesterday. Our bill was hung on our door on check out morning. We had a room only reservation so had paid one night as a deposit. Booked directly with Disney. Folio showed charge for each night, taxes for each night, showed a credit line for the amount paid as deposit and would have showed any others charges to room, but we had none. I would think if you paid in full to Costco, that wouldn’t show up on there but I can’t be sure.

The folio also says the balance will be charged to the card on file at 11AM.
While I’m sure adjustments can be made later, it would easier to make corrections or change payment before the charge goes though.

The folio is sometimes not printed if the balance is zero (VGC visits), but guest services can print it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter