On Board Credit, Thanks etc

BigIan

Earning My Ears
First off I would like to thank everyone who posts here, as I have learnt alot for our upcoming cruise (28 april 2002).

I have read a lot of posts and now have a few questions that I would like answers to, if you dont mind (and most of you seem to relish in giving advice!!)

1. The onboard credit that is mentioned in various posts, does the cruise have to be booked thru disney to obtain this. (I am a Magic kingdom club member is this what is needed for $50 credit ??) Also do you need your room number before contacting DCL for credit?

2. Are there any Disney Vacation Club presentations onboard (as we are very interested in this but never seem to have time to go while on land)

3. Are there any perks/discounts etc for Disney share holders?

Think that is it for now...sure I will think off more before long

19 Days and counting !!!

Thanks in advance for any help offered

I think I might be able to help with one of your questions ... if you are a Disney Club member (I'm not sure if that's the same as the Magic Kingdom card --- I thought they had discontinued those) Disney Club membership costs around $40/year ... so if you've paid that then I know you are entitled to the $50 onboard credit. I tried to call my travel agent to get that credit applied and she told me that I couldn't have it because I got the Springtime Magic rate ... however when I called the 800 number on my Disney Club card they said I was eligible to receive the credit ... so if you call the number on your card they will give you an 800 number at DCL to call and they should be able to provide you with your free $50!

your other questions I am unable to help with since we will be taking our first cruise on 4/21 and I don't have first hand experience yet ... happy sailing!

Sorry, forgot to mention ...

you will need your membership number, expiration date (for Disney Club) and your stateroom or reservation number for the cruise ...

Disney Club membership costs around $40/year ... so if you've paid that then I know you are entitled to the $50 onboard credit.

So are you saying if I get a Disney Club membership I'll still be $10.00 ahead? I wasn't a member when I originally booked my cruise; could I become a member & still get that credit?

Not sure if you can do that retroactive. But to answer about the Vacation Club, there is a desk on the ship. Not sure what they do as far as presentation but they are there!

I had the $50 onboard credit added to my account after I had booked and paid for our cruise ... so I would think that if you got the membership that they would do the same for you ... however, it did take a while (6-8 weeks) to get all of my info on the Disney Club after I had paid for the membership. (I am also an entertainment book holder and my entertainment book discount got me the Disney Club membership for $31.95 instead of the normal $39.95) The Disney Club does offer you a couple of other advantages ... you get 10% off all Disney Store, Disney Catalog, Disney Online and other WD merchandise ... they say you also get good vacation deals ... I haven't seen too much in that area yet ... but between all the purchases I make at the Disney Store and the onboard credit thing ... my membership has already paid for itself ... and I've only had it since February. Another nice perk I like is a Disney magazine that they send out quarterly ... the issue I got had an article titled "The Ultimate Insider's Guide To Disney Theme Parks: 125 tips from the experts who work there" I'm looking forward to checking out some of the tips they had for the Disney Cruise Line and the WDW parks when we visit later this month!

:bounce:

You can apply the credit retroactively. When you apply for your Disney Club membership you can call back in a couple of days and they will give you your membership number. At this point you cna begin to use your card using the number at the Disney store online. When you call to have the $50 onboard credit applied they just ask for the number. But you will have to have the card when you arrive at port!
Hope this helps
Bill

Let me see if I have this right...I have already booked and put a deposit down on my cruise with a travel agent. I now join the Disney Club for $40 and get my club number. I then call into where?? to get my credit. The Disney club? My TA? DCL? And are we sure they will do this if you have already booked and paid a deposit?

If this works, my plan is use my debit card for membership (so it is already paid) and then when I show up on the boat I am already $50 ahead.

Thanks for clarification!:cool:

Love your name by the way,
We have had our land/sea vacation reserved for over a year now and will be going in June. The last payment is going in this week. I have been a Disney Club member for over 2 years now. I called DCL a few weeks ago and she applied to my cabin and said just to bring my card to verify when we board. The other families traveling with us are in the process of getting their memberships. Some have told me they just called back with the number and they applied it just like DCL did for mine. YOu just don't want to forget ot bring it with you on the trip. And we are just doing the 3 night cruise and still got the $50. Seems to be the same no matter what the cruise length is.
Bill

I'm going to pull out my entertainment book now and see if there is still a discount for the Disney Club.

Regarding paying off your cruise. Can you do that in installments to your TA or do you think they want you to pay the whole thing at once? What would be the benefit of paying it in full any sooner than necessary?(other than the obvious reason that it would be done)

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
I'm going to pull out my entertainment book now and see if there is still a discount for the Disney Club.

Regarding paying off your cruise. Can you do that in installments to your TA or do you think they want you to pay the whole thing at once? What would be the benefit of paying it in full any sooner than necessary?(other than the obvious reason that it would be done)

:cool: We booked through AAA and our agent told us that we can call her with a payment anytime of any amount. This way when we have a little extra money - even $25 - we can call her up and we will get a statement showing the lower balance due! It is really a kick to see that amount going down.

With my entertainment book it was only $31.95 for the Disney Club membership and we DO get the credit. :D Yeah! Thanks to everyone for telling me about this.

Also, don't know if it is ethical to post discount codes on this board so if you want the source code to get the entertainment book discount on the disney club membership you can PM me and I will give it to you. All they needed was the code, no documentation of any kind.

Hi BigIan,

We were on the Mar. 30 Magic and there were several opportunities for those of you considering DVC membership...

On Deck 4 outside of Studio Sea there's a DVC desk. Your navigator will tell you when the representatives are there (which seemed to be most of the time!).

We've been members since 1995 and they had one event just for members (a really easy quiz show and lots of giveaways - DVC caps, mousepads, shirts, cup holders...)

There were also 2 other gatherings for those considering DVC membership - also documented in the Navigators. They seem to be big on giveaways so I'm sure you'd wind up with some souveniers!

Disney shareholders

Our DD10 is the shareholder in the family! We never mentioned it on board, and nothing was done to recognize it. But you never know...at WDW when we were motioned to the middle of the monorail, DH said, "Don't disappoint your 8 year old shareholder!" and we were then up front with the driver!

Enjoy your cruise!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter