OMG What am I doing wrong?

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I have a current reservation at CC (Home Resort) for Sept 29 -Oct 3 2020. I ideally want later in October. When I try to modify, like for a week or two later, I get the "Your nights or available". When I select to proceed, I get this:

Please Select Different Dates
This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this Resort.
Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 11, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation.

How can I have a current reservation, 11 months out at my home resort, but when I try to modify it I am instructed to select a res date on or after March 11, 2020, which is way before my currently booked reservation and booking window?

Thanks, y'all. I'm feeling kind of stupid right now.

Today you can book your home resort for stays beginning Oct. 11, 2020. So are you trying to move your reservation beyond that date?

I have a current reservation at CC (Home Resort) for Sept 29 -Oct 3 2020. I ideally want later in October. When I try to modify, like for a week or two later, I get the "Your nights or available". When I select to proceed, I get this:

Please Select Different Dates
This reservation can't be completed because the requested dates are outside of your booking window for this Resort.
Please select a reservation date on or after Mar 11, 2020, or use Vacation Points from another Home Resort contract to book this reservation.

How can I have a current reservation, 11 months out at my home resort, but when I try to modify it I am instructed to select a res date on or after March 11, 2020, which is way before my currently booked reservation and booking window?

Thanks, y'all. I'm feeling kind of stupid right now.

When are you trying to move it to? and what size room? My guess is that you're trying to start your booking on a date that isn't available to start being booked yet though...and if you're trying to book a studio, the week after your trip is missing dates right now.

Since your original reservation ends on the 3rd, you can only Modify it to begin as late as October 10th..7 days out.

Because you already passed the booking date to move the reservation a walking fashion, you are basically starring a new one and if any of the dates from October 4 to 10 are unavailable you can’t move it even a little bit forward.

Yeah, I'm just trying to push it back a few days, beginning Oct 8,9 or 10 for 4 nights. Studio. Thanks, y'all.

Just for future, if you had done the move before the night opened up for your current check out date, it would not have been a problem,

But, keep checking and trying. If othere are moving reservations, some of those dates could open up.

Welcome to the almost 11 month studio booking issues at CCV. DVC needs more studios and less bungalows and cabins.

Just for future, if you had done the move before the night opened up for your current check out date, it would not have been a problem,

But, keep checking and trying. If othere are moving reservations, some of those dates could open up.
Thanks for the tip. I just joined April 2019 so I'm still learning all this.

Welcome to the almost 11 month studio booking issues at CCV. DVC needs more studios and less bungalows and cabins.
No kidding. We got a studio at the Poly no prob at 7 months (May 2020) but have had nothing but trouble getting this short stay at our home resort booked. Btw, do those fabulous bungalows at the Poly and the amazing cabins at CC EVER have people in them? WTH? They should have built about half the number they have, my suspicion is they are mostly used for tours and enticement. What a waste. But oh, a girl can still dream....... Thanks for your help!

Btw, do those fabulous bungalows at the Poly and the amazing cabins at CC EVER have people in them? WTH? They should have built about half the number they have, my suspicion is they are mostly used for tours and enticement. What a waste.
They're built so they can sell more points. Whether or not owners can book them isn't a concern.

They're built so they can sell more points. Whether or not owners can book them isn't a concern.
That and to collect lots of cash, when they rent them to guests for cash, because 0.2% ( I’m exaggerating a bit) of DVC members have enough points to stay there more than 2 nights.

I’m trying to help out by not staying at CCV😇 We bought CCV to stay in studios and did for our welcome home stay, but have stayed everywhere else since😇

I think this is where Disney uses many of the points they get from cruises, adventures, etc.. They use those points to make big bucks renting out cabins and bungalows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!