OMG - Floral BEO has arrived!

jnale

Let the Countdown begin!
Unfortunately I had to remove my PJ a few months ago due to security reasons. However, I wanted to post my floral BEO to help others like everyone on this board has tremendously helped me. The grand total for this baby is $7,671.09! :scared1:

Needless to say I will definitely be cutting this sucker up!

To give a little background...my colors are champagne and chocolate:

Bridal Bouquet: Hand-tied bouquet of blush pink mini calla lilies accented with champagne Swarovksi crystals throughout (1 Mickey/17 singles). 75% ribbon wrap the stems in ivory satin with Champagne Swarovksi crystal closures up the stems (1 Mickey/5 singles). $300 for the bouquet and $28 for the Champagne Swarovski cyrstals (they are $1 a piece).

I will be doing the Magic Kingdom Photo Session so it's $75 to refresh the bouquet for that.

Maid of Honor & Bridesmaid Bouquets: Single white standard calla lily presentation. Frame with ruscus and wrap stems in champagne firefly ribbon. Single Swarovski chocolate crystal closure. $26 per bouquet ($25 for the flower and $1 for the crystal). I have 2 MOHs and 7 BMs so thats 9x26 = $234 for my girl's bouquets (not bad).

Flower Girls: $20 for blush and ivory rose petals for 2 flower girls (we're providing our own baskets). Also $130 for 2 flower halos of blush and ivory spray roses and sheer ivory ribbons.

Groom: Double blush mini calla lilies, ruscus, ivory satin wrap the stems with champagne Swarovski crystal Mickey closure. $23 for the boutonniere and $3 for the crystals. He will also need a duplicate new one for the Magic Kingdom Photo Session so that's another $26.

Best Man & Groomsmen: White mini calla lily, champagne satin wrap, chocolate brown Swarovski crystal closure. $18 for the boutonniere and $1 for the crystal. He has 2 Best Men and 7 Groomsmen so that's 9x19 = $171.

Ringbearer: Smallest white mini calla lily, ruscus, champagne satin wrap, chocolate brown Swarovski cyrstal Mickey closure. $18 for the boutonniere and $3 for the crystals (it takes of course 3 crystals to make the Mickey closure). We have 3 ringbearer's so thats 3x21 = $63.

Ushers: White mini calla lily, champagne satin wrap, chocolate brown Swarovski crystal closure. $18 for the boutonniere and $1 for the crystal. We have 3 ushers so that's 3x19 = $57.

Fathers: White mini calla lily, champagne satin wrap, chocolate brown crystal closure. $18 for the boutonniere and $1 for the crystal. 2 fathers so 2x19 = $38.

Male Vocalist: White mini calla lily, champagne satin wrap, chocolate brown cyrstal closure. $18 for the boutonniere and $1 for the crystal. We just have 1 male vocalist = $19.

Mothers: Wrist corsage of white mini calla lilies, ivory spray roses, ivy, Dijon lady chiffon ribbons. $31 a piece and we have 2 mothers so 2x31 = $62.

Grandmother: Wrist corsage of white mini calla lilies, ivy, Dijon lady chiffon ribbons. $26 (we just have 1 grandmother)

Ceremony (Wedding Pavilion):
- Unity arrangement of mixed ivory and blush floral to include roses, calla lilies, hydrangeas, lilies, and delphinium = $275.
- Ivory unity candle with Swarovski crystal Mickey accents = $65.
- 2 Ivory memorial candles with a fresh coordinating floral cluster at the base of the candles. The candles will be placed on columns with ivory chiffon skirting on each side of the altar table. The candles will be pre-lit with hurricane globes around each candle. The rental for the columns is $25 per column so its $50 for these columns and $90 for both the memorial candle presentations.
- There will also be 4 additional columns centered in front of the side windows near the altar with ivory/chiffon skirting. They will have white dendrobium orchid arrangements placed on them accented with lily grass. The rental for the columns is $25 per column so that's 4x25 = $100 for the columns. The orchid arrangements are $175 a piece so thats 4x175 = $700 for those.
- Ivory 75' fabric aisle runner = $240.
- Sprinkly ivory rose petals along the sides of the runner = $400.
- 22" cylinder vases (12 of them) filled with water, ivory rose petals and an ivory floating candle. These will be placed on the wood floor at the ends of every other pew. The rental for the vases is $10 per vase so that's 12x10 = $120. The cost per floating candles is $3.25 so that's 12x3.25 = $39. The cost for the petals is 10 for each vase so that's 12x10 = $120.

Pre-Reception (Italy Isola):
- We will have 5 cocktail tables and 5 high boy tables. On each table the centerpeice will be a crystal beaded candle lamp with a battery flicker tealight candle in each. It is $15 to rent this lamp so that's 10x15 = $150.

Reception (American Rotunda):
- They're going to place the unity arrangement on our sweetheart table as our decoration.
- They're going to move the 4 altar orchid arrangements to 4 of the guest tables.
- We will need an additional 10 matching orchid arrangements for the rest of the guest tables. The orchid arrangements werer $175 a piece so that's 10x175 = $1750.
- All the orchid arrangements for each of the guest tables will be placed in a Panache vase - each vase will have a single orchid stem inside. The rental for the vase is $15 per vase so that's 14x15 = $210.
- Each table (our sweetheart plus the 14 guest tables) will also have 6 votive candles aound the orchid arrangement. Each votive candle costs $2.50 so that's 90x2.50 = $225.
- Each chair will have a white poly-cotton chair cover with alternating chocolate and champagne sahses tied in bows. This is $8.50 a chair so that's 140x8.50 = $1190.

Cake Table:
- Standard linen with 1 chocolate satin sash and 1 champagne satin sash criss-crossed over the top of the table. $5 per sash so that's 2x5 = $10.
- Accent the cake table with 6 votives. 6x2.50 = $15.
- Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding cake knife and server set = $50.

Toss Bouquet:
- Small, hand-tied bouquet of blush roses = $35.

Subtotal: $7109
Tax: $462.09
Move Fee: $75
Delivery Fee: $25
FINAL TOTAL: $7671.09:scared1: :eek:

I'll post what I end up keeping and the updated costs when I make my decisions. My initial thoughts are to get rid of those orchid arrangements!! If you have any questions let me know. Hope this helps for future planning!

Wow, that is a lot.

I am happy that we switched to an out of park reception as we are now looking into outside vendors.

Good Luck!

I'm sorry you had to remove your PJ, but your floral BEO is really helpful and will ease the shock a little when I get to that point. My daughter's wedding sounds very similar with the same venues and a similar number of guests- approximately 175. Do you have a picture of your centerpieces? My daughter also wants orchids and I had no idea what we are looking at cost wise. Thanks. I hope you'll be able to post more in the future. If not -your wedding sounds beautiful!

wow! thats a lot!! lol...I can definately see some cutting coming! :) But it all does sound beautfiul.

Wow, that is a lot.

I am happy that we switched to an out of park reception as we are now looking into outside vendors.

Good Luck!

Thanks - I need it!

I'm waiting on mine. I know it will be up there too.

Good Luck!

Yeah that's what I said!

I'm sorry you had to remove your PJ, but your floral BEO is really helpful and will ease the shock a little when I get to that point. My daughter's wedding sounds very similar with the same venues and a similar number of guests- approximately 175. Do you have a picture of your centerpieces? My daughter also wants orchids and I had no idea what we are looking at cost wise. Thanks. I hope you'll be able to post more in the future. If not -your wedding sounds beautiful!

I'm glad this will be of some help to you. It definitely is a shocker the first time you see it. Yeah I hope I only have the 140 - there is a possibility for more. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the centerpieces - it was something the floral consultant showed me during the planning session. I'll ask for one though because I'd like to see it again and see if it's worth it! The definitely were beautiful but the tall arrangements are really expensive. I'll post bits and pieces here and there. Thanks!

wow! thats a lot!! lol...I can definately see some cutting coming! :) But it all does sound beautfiul.

Yeah it was a definite shocker!:scared1:

You don't realize what you're doing in the planning session because you're so excited and it all seems so wonderful until you get that figure!:eek:

Thanks!

WOW, I have a feeling mine will be up there too... Good Luck

Hey Jennifer!

Wow, your floral beo is up there. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to get it down to something you are more comfortable with. If you remember from my floral beo - I had originally wanted to decorate the WP. We had tulle swagging each pew, with bows, and rose petals in the swags. But then I thought about it - and honestly, I didn't see the point in spending $600 on those things when we were only going to be in there for about 30 mins. So I cut those things out immediately.

I kept the rose petals on the aisle, because I love the way that looks and had to have it :rolleyes1. I also kept the flower arrangements on the altar because those were going to be moved to the reception site and used as centerpieces. Pay once, use twice ;).

I noticed in your flowers, you have mainly calla lillies. I love calla lillies, they are so pretty -- but I think they one of the more expensive flowers. So maybe using them as accents as opposed to you main flower, might help bring down the cost. I'm not sure if the personal florals were something you were willing to change out, but I just thought I'd mention it just in case.

This is what my centerpieces are going to look like:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Floating_wedding_candles.jpg

Each table is going to have a set of 3 cyclinders (in different sizes) and it is going to be filled with water, the orchids, and a floating candle on top. There will also be rose petals sprinkle on each table. I'm think about switching out the water with the clear gel - but I'm not sure yet.

HTH! Let me know what you decide! :goodvibes

I would consider the orchid arrangements... I had orchids for my bouquet, so I know how silly expensive they are. Maybe you could use them as an accent rather than all on their own? Or down size them, so you're using less flowers? Orchids are such a beautiful flower that you don't need a ton of them to make a statement.

What about all the boutonnieres and corsages. Will anyone really notice or mind if they aren't there?

"Sprinkly ivory rose petals along the sides of the runner = $400." Really?! How many petals are you getting for $400?! I think my basket of petals for the isle was $50 or $60. You better be getting enough to have them inches thick!

I know the floral BEO is sticker shock! But try to picture yourself as a guest at your wedding. Which elements will you notice or will actually add to the ambiance you're creating. And which are the things that just sound nice, but no one will care about. Don't compromise your vision, but don't get carried away by possibility, either. It's all to common to wish you had the money back when you realize something was a bit of a waste.

Best of luck!!

try to picture yourself as a guest at your wedding. Which elements will you notice or will actually add to the ambiance you're creating. And which are the things that just sound nice, but no one will care about.
Best of luck!!

This is the best piece of advice for a bride-to-be ever. I have tried to remember this thru-ought my planning process. :thumbsup2

Hey Jennifer!

Wow, your floral beo is up there. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to get it down to something you are more comfortable with. If you remember from my floral beo - I had originally wanted to decorate the WP. We had tulle swagging each pew, with bows, and rose petals in the swags. But then I thought about it - and honestly, I didn't see the point in spending $600 on those things when we were only going to be in there for about 30 mins. So I cut those things out immediately.

I kept the rose petals on the aisle, because I love the way that looks and had to have it :rolleyes1. I also kept the flower arrangements on the altar because those were going to be moved to the reception site and used as centerpieces. Pay once, use twice ;).

I noticed in your flowers, you have mainly calla lillies. I love calla lillies, they are so pretty -- but I think they one of the more expensive flowers. So maybe using them as accents as opposed to you main flower, might help bring down the cost. I'm not sure if the personal florals were something you were willing to change out, but I just thought I'd mention it just in case.

This is what my centerpieces are going to look like:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Floating_wedding_candles.jpg

Each table is going to have a set of 3 cyclinders (in different sizes) and it is going to be filled with water, the orchids, and a floating candle on top. There will also be rose petals sprinkle on each table. I'm think about switching out the water with the clear gel - but I'm not sure yet.

HTH! Let me know what you decide! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice...I'm not sure how I feel about the personal floral yet. I started cutting out things like the columns with the orchid arrangements, the $400 worth of rose petals, and the $240 runner. I really like the candle vases that they're going to line the aisle with and I'm considering using those as the centerpieces. I really like your centerpieces! It's all hard to decide since I haven't seen the big BEO yet!

I would consider the orchid arrangements... I had orchids for my bouquet, so I know how silly expensive they are. Maybe you could use them as an accent rather than all on their own? Or down size them, so you're using less flowers? Orchids are such a beautiful flower that you don't need a ton of them to make a statement.

What about all the boutonnieres and corsages. Will anyone really notice or mind if they aren't there?

"Sprinkly ivory rose petals along the sides of the runner = $400." Really?! How many petals are you getting for $400?! I think my basket of petals for the isle was $50 or $60. You better be getting enough to have them inches thick!

I know the floral BEO is sticker shock! But try to picture yourself as a guest at your wedding. Which elements will you notice or will actually add to the ambiance you're creating. And which are the things that just sound nice, but no one will care about. Don't compromise your vision, but don't get carried away by possibility, either. It's all to common to wish you had the money back when you realize something was a bit of a waste.

Best of luck!!

Yeah I thought the orchid arrangements were beautiful - it's a hard decision. I think I'll definitely have to have the boutonnieres but I definitely don't need the $400 worth of rose petals! I think for $400 they totall cover the aisle with roses, but it's just the part between the pew and the runner. It's really pretty but a lot of money.

Good advice - thanks! I will definitely be looking at this whole wedding through a different pair of eyes now.

WOW - that is high. But I have to say your choices sound BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone!

Best of luck!!

I am a MOB, and I told my daughter that I actually did not want a corsage. I am not sure of the MOG will want one, but I am always worried about bumping my petals on something! :lmao:

Good Luck cutting down...I am sure they will work with you to get it down, when in doubt add some greenery. That may help some.

Thanks for the advice!:thumbsup2

WOW - that is high. But I have to say your choices sound BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone!

Thanks!:goodvibes Hope it helps!

I am a MOB, and I told my daughter that I actually did not want a corsage. I am not sure of the MOG will want one, but I am always worried about bumping my petals on something! :lmao:

Both of mine want the corsage but that's ok - they deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter