Olivanders

Agreed plsu the overall experience is better. IoA the line is mostly outside waiting to just go into the single room from an outside door. US the line is inside the building with towering stacks of wand boxes around you and some other thematic elements. And as said it has multiple rooms so the line goes quicker too. Think the shop itself is better at UO as well but you can jsut walk into either of them at any point

Just got back from Universal on 19-20 Jan. The biggest tip I can give somebody (if you have more than one day there) is get your wand near close if you want to go through the wand choosing ceremony. In the morning and afternoon the lines were out the door. We went at 6:30 pm, with an 8:00 closing, and walked right into a half-full show on the Studios side. I did make a deal with my daughter that the first day at Universal we would do rides and the second day she could do all the Harry Potter interactive wand spells, etc. So at the end of the first day, we put on her Hufflepuff swag for the show and she got picked for the wand ceremony which was awesome. She was the only under 10 y.o in the room and was easily the most dressed-up which did not hurt her chances. We went to Studios the next day during early admission and, even then, the line was waaaayyy out the door for Olivanders. Seems first thing everybody wants to get a wand; if you can wait till it's dark, it will be much less crowded.

We might be an anomaly, but we walked right into the Ollivanders in Hogsmeade (the smaller one) with zero wait in Sept 2017, and never saw a line there at other times. It was the highlight of our trip, due to the wonderful acting ability of the very cool older 'wizard' who ran the shop. The smallness of the shop, his demeanor made the show itself that much more special.

So take a glance at the lines, or lack thereof, when you're in Hogsmeade. You might be able to get right in!

I agree to do this at night if possible. We walked up for what we were told was the last show; no wait, 5 people total at the show, in Hogsmeade. I was so happy to be picked, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter