• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Older villas at Vistana?

Rolo

Earning My Ears
Hi ! I hope someone can advise me. My husband and I are hard working middle class folks who want to take our 4 children to WDW. We have been there once before when we had only 3 chidren and stayed at DL. We just got great airfare deals to Orlando for Feb 23 to March 2. WE also have the chance to rent an older 2 bedroom unit at Vistana for $750 for the week. Can someone give me the good and bad regarding these units? It doesn't have to be luxurious but it must be clean. My children also insist on staying where there is a pool with a slide. Thanks for your replies.!:) :bounce:

Hi, we are from small town, Minn. and going to Orlando this next week. Staying at Vistana for 4 nites. Do a search on vistana on this website. You'll have lots of info. Also, go to the vistana website for pictures. The location is excellent (l mile from Epcot entrance) and it is rated 4*. The Vistana usually gets raave reviews and there are about 5 pools. You have a really good rate.

Hercamore, Thanks for your reply. Please post a report when you get back. The section our unit would be at (should we decide to take it) would be court. I understand this is the oldest section and was originally town houses. Do you know what section you will be in? I hope your family has a great trip.:)

rolo, we have requested cascade (the newest section). There is a map on the vistana.com website of the different sections of the resort.

we stayed a few years ago for 2 weeks in springs, which is newer than court, but still one of the older sections.

we had requested cascades and were disappointed at first, but the older sections grew on us.
the landscaping is much more mature and lush, and there's lots of quirky curves and inlets.

i didn't care a great deal for the courts area, but you're getting it for several hundred dollars cheaper than we paid.
we would go back to vistana again. it was a great place to spread out and relax.
we were thoroughly unimpressed with the check-in procedure--and the attempt to rope us in to the timeshare felt a little sleazy.

Once i made it clear we were just there as resort guests, they left us alone (except for daily breathless messages).

We had some ugly spots on the rug, when i asked nicely nothing happened. when i pitched a fit they showed up and shampooed.

Your kids will love the pools and other stuff to do.
The restaurants were overpriced and the food wasn't terrific. The poolside burgers were okay.
For the money would get in car and drive to crossroads shopping center or bahama breeze if you want to eat out.
grocery store very overpriced, but they had a deal that if you rented a certain number of videos, hte rest were free.

Hi. We stayed at the Cascades section this past May. The Courts are the oldest section
My advise would be to go to vacationsonly.com and do what we did and rent from an owner.
You can type in Orlando Florida and it will bring up a lot of different ones for Vistana Resorts.
The girl at vacationsonly (v.o.) will contact the owner, call the resort and make sure the week
is available, you will have a contract and all. We go a 2 BR/2BA for $850.00 for 7 nights.
I would highly recommend this. Also, we had NO problem with the timeshare people.
They did not ask us once to take a tour. It may have been because we were guest of an
owner. The reservation will be in your name. We had absolutely NO problems going this
route and we have already reserved our rooms for next year. Only next year we are going to Cancun. Good luck and e-mail me at app.officesupply@boone.net if you have any
questions. Hope you have a great time. Oh, you can rent from an owner that has a floating
week and owns in the Lakes and Fountains section - they can still get you into the Cascades
section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter