Old Town

preb

DIS Veteran
Has anyone visited Old Town? We're looking for things to do in the evenings and staying at HIFS, which isn't very far away. We thought we'd check out Downtown Disney one night, but is Old Town worth a visit as well? We'll be travelling with a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Any other suggestions for things to do or good off site restaurants with little ones?

We always have to go to Old Town. Its mostly shopping, but lots of different little stores. Fri and Sat nights is a Cruise in. Some rides, some street entertainers. Make sure you find a coupon (in all the travel booklets) good for a coupon book for most all the stores. Have a great time.

Was just there in September and really enjoyed browsing in all the little shops.. Also had my 3 year old granddaughter with me and I have to say that they have the MOST beautiful carousel that I have ever seen ANYWHERE!!! Yes - even better than the MK! Friday & Sat. nights have the Cruise In's and therefore lots of younger teens and adults.. If you want to avoid that (and the crowds) go some evening between Monday and Thrusday.. It's really neat!

It's a good way to kill an hour or two. Some really neat little shops there. I always get one of the 25 cent pepsi's when I make it to the General Store at the south end.

When my sons were small they loved going to Old Town. Like Travelcoupons suggested we always got a .25 cent Pepsi at the General Store. When we first started going they had nickel cokes instead. My sons enjoyed the quieter pace. They loved browsing thru one store that always had a huge assortment of rocks. My sons also enjoyed watching a magic show that they used to have. The pace was laid back and we could take our time wandering in and out of stores. There was always something interesting going on. We always ended up buying fudge or taffy from the candy store. When they were small my sons would ask before each Disney trip if we were going back to Old Town. They didn't have enough money to buy souvineers from WDW - so they would save up and buy rocks from Old Town.

WE ALWAYS GO FOR ONE NIGHT DURING OUR TRIP.THEY HAVE A COUPON BOOK W/BUY ONE GET ONE FREE RIDE COUPONS. THEY HAVE SEVERAL RIDES THAT THE CHILDREN LIKE. IT IS A GOOD PLACE TO SPEND A COUPLE OF HOURS. SEVERAL RESTAURANTS ARE THEIR TOO.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NITES ARE MORE FESTIVE ATMOSPHERE.:jester:

Thanks for all the great input! We'll definately stop in for a visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter