Old Park Tickets worth anything?

This gets asked quite often on here. The older unused/unexpired Disney paper tickets ARE still good. Generally, you have to show them at guest services to redeem. Some have posted a Disney email where you can send a photo, but not sure if that works for everyone. If they are the old paper tickets that were NEVER part of the Disney computer system, then suggestions to try to make a FastPass won't work since their IT system won't recognize them.

Last edited:
i have an old book with the individual a-e tickets. i chose to frame them with a photo b/c of the sentimental value.

The one on the left appears to be a "Transportation Ticket" allowing access to/from the MK by monorail, ferry or motor trains. Likely no value towards park admission.

The one on the right is a coupon that would be exchanged for one ride on an A through E attraction - kind of local the tickets for local carnivals. Unless you have a full unused book of such coupons, it probably has some limited value towards park admission today, but likely more value as an old souvenir/collector's item. (and not necessarily a huge value there)

You can certainly send the picture to WDW Ticketing to ask, but don't be surprised if it's very limited value.

However, in case there is value - I recommend either removing the picture above or blocking out the ticket ID #s.

Enjoy your vacation!

A complete ticket book with the transportation ticket(s) may be exchanged for a non-expiring modern non-date-priced non-upgradable ticket with the same number of days (1, 2, or 3).

You will probably want to save it as a souvenir rather than turn it in for park admission.

For a partially used or otherwise incomplete ticket book, the remainng ride coupons have a value of, I think, up to one dollar (for an E ticket) each.

It is safe to post a picture of a non-electronic ticket (no bar code, no magnetic stripe, etc.). The actual ticket has to be presented in person for exchange. I think the first electronic tickets were ca 1995-2004 park hopper plus tickets, with mag stripes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!