Old Key West Re-furb Complaint

Lbierman1

Earning My Ears
Hi, Mr. Belrose,

Our family hopes you, your family and all of our Disney family at OKW and WDW are safe and well.

I'll get right to the point. Why, when refurbishing the apartments at OK\W, were the doors to the restroom through the laundry room eliminated? This is a serious inconvenience and embarrassment when guests are using the pull-out bed in the living room.

I hope this can be corrected. Was membership consulted regarding this design faux pas?

Larry Bierman
DVC 1997

As OKW is the only WDW DVC I haven't stayed at, I have no clue what this means. Can an OKW owner or someone who's stayed there elaborate a bit? Thx

There have never been doors to the master bath thru the laundry room on the first build.On phase 2, buildings above 30 do have the extra door.

They didn't remove those doors on the units in buildings that had them.
Building number less than 30 were the first ones built, and they never had them in the first place.

This is a well known issue with the first 8 buildings that were built at OKW in 1 and 2 bedroom units. If you want the 2nd door do not book a HH room. I have heard that there might be some wiring or plumbing in that wall which stopped them from installing a door during the refurbishment.

Does anyone have drawing or photo?
Are you saying that if you are in living room.you can see into the bathroom?

Does anyone have drawing or photo?
Are you saying that if you are in living room.you can see into the bathroom?

Not if you close the door. ;)

Actually though the problem is you need to enter the bathroom thru the master bedroom in the lower numbered buildings. Later buildings they added another access door that you access thru the laundry room. You cannot see into the bathroom thru the living area itself with the way the hall layout is.

As others responded this is not new and they did not block any doors during the refurb. Some hoped they would actually rectify the issue but they did not change it at all.

Last edited:
I am missing something.
If there is door .
What is the embarrament for those on pull out?

Sorry - I was updating my post and added that but it's that they have to enter the master bedroom itself to get to the bathroom in the lower numbered buildings.

I tried posting a room layout but keep getting an error but maybe someone else will.

This is a well known issue with the first 8 buildings that were built at OKW in 1 and 2 bedroom units. If you want the 2nd door do not book a HH room. I have heard that there might be some wiring or plumbing in that wall which stopped them from installing a door during the refurbishment.

The missing door is in all of the first 19 buildings, #11-29

Hi, Mr. Belrose,

Our family hopes you, your family and all of our Disney family at OKW and WDW are safe and well.

I'll get right to the point. Why, when refurbishing the apartments at OK\W, were the doors to the restroom through the laundry room eliminated? This is a serious inconvenience and embarrassment when guests are using the pull-out bed in the living room.

I hope this can be corrected. Was membership consulted regarding this design faux pas?

Larry Bierman
DVC 1997
I find it hard to believe that you never stayed in Bldg 11-29 after 23 years of ownership.

When OKW opened the Hospitality House was where you toured the villas and signed your life away! Now that original building houses villas but the area around it retained the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!