Old key west pool

jkquinn

Earning My Ears
I'm curious if the main pool at OKW is a big hike for some of the rooms.
The map makes it look quite far from some.

I'm curious if the main pool at OKW is a big hike for some of the rooms. The map makes it look quite far from some.
The main check-in area is .63 mile from the farthest building (50) equivalent to about halfway around the world showcase Lagoon. Old Key West has some lovely neighborhood pools.

It wold be too far to hike for me personally from the farthest rooms, but we always rent a car. We don't want to spend half our vacation waiting for buses, plus that way we can shop at Publix! If we are located far from the main pool, we just drive up there :)

I'm curious if the main pool at OKW is a big hike for some of the rooms.
The map makes it look quite far from some.

all of the park buses stop at the main area (hospitality house) before leaving for the parks, so using them is also an option.

We loved the pool/playground area at OKW. Our villa was at HH location, but the bus trip around the resort is quick. We took it all the way around a few times, just to look at decorations! Have fun at the pool!

The main check-in area is .63 mile from the farthest building (50) equivalent to about halfway around the world showcase Lagoon. Old Key West has some lovely neighborhood pools.

That's exactly how far my kids walk from their bus stop to the house. Not too bad.

Since I've never been to OKW with kids, I have a question-except for the slide, is there any big advantage to the main pool over the neighborhood pools? Is there a playground at each pool? How about a "kiddie pool" area? Our DGDs are 2 and almost 4, and I'm kind of wondering if they'd be as happy at a neighborhood pool if it's a lot closer than walking all the way to the main pool.

There is a hot tub and play area by each pool. The only kiddie pool is near HH.

The main pool at OKW has a sandy area to play in. If is also close to community house which has ongoing craft activities as well as food ball, shuffleboard, basketball, tennis and bikes to rent. The activities staff has pool games every afternoon which are lots of fun. Excellent staff. And most mornings the lifeguards open the slide by having a pirate raid. Kids get to dress up and storm the slide. They love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter