Old key west for 2 nights or grand floridian for one night

Robvilla123

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I have a quick question for the experts! I currently have a grand Floridian reservation for one night as it is our departure day back to California, this is costing 23 points for DVC. There is also an option to staying
( returning to old key west, as we are staying here 3 night in the beginning of our vacation), for 2 nights at 28 points for the two nights and have an extra night. My main concern is I have a 9 year old and I’ve heard grand Floridian is excellent hotel and it can be a great experience. We are staying at Polynesian for 7 nights so We are getting a nice hotel anyways. But I want to get some opinions on what to do! Thanks everyone!!

Two different resorts but I would always take a longer stay, especially since both have their plusses.

I love VGF and I would choose that, Unless you want to have a place that is for down time and no parks, or use it so you have a room to cover you leaving late and will double up so you are not without a room, the do the 2 nights.

The VGF is a very nice resort, but is it really 9 points per night better than OKW? I'm not so sure.
If you've never been to the VGF, maybe trying it for one night can be a good idea, so you can get a feeling if you instead think it's worth the extra cost. It is for many people.

I would go 2 nights at OKW - by the time you check in at GF (4PM) and check out the next morning - counting sleep time - in reality - how much will u be able to really enjoy the resort with only 1 night's reservation...

I'm not a fan of moving resorts. I've done it, but avoid it when possible. I certainly would not look forward to moving for just one night. If it were me, I'd stick with the seven Poly nights and call it a vacation, or *maybe* I would add the two OKW nights to it.

I would go 2 nights at OKW - by the time you check in at GF (4PM) and check out the next morning - counting sleep time - in reality - how much will u be able to really enjoy the resort with only 1 night's reservation...

I agree with this. I also would always pick more nights! :)

We have stayed at VGF and love it, but I wouldn't go for just one night unless you want to check it out. You check in too late, and then have to check out too early. Staying at OKW will give you the whole day to enjoy the place, which is a great resort too. I would vote for the extra day and relaxation that it would provide.

More is not always better, but in this case, more is definitely better! OKW for 2 nights, hands down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!