Old Disney Park photos

A few from 1971, shortly after opening day.

001_zpsqcdtyhec.jpg

029_1_zpsy0lykcsa.jpg

026_zpsdkajsy72.jpg

003_zpscyganczy.jpg

017_zps21uplnr4.jpg

Great pics! But that second picture is flipped, right? It's making my brain hurt.

OMG you're right! Some of the slides I'm scanning are flipped, and I'm usually pretty good about catching it. This one has been bugging me too, but it hadn't occurred to me that was why. :rotfl2:

029_1_zpslyf1rz5a.jpg

Haha!!! My family has a lot of slides from the 60's and 70's And it makes me laugh so hard when my brother puts them all in the machine backwards!!! HAHA! LOVE your pics!!

I remember that driving my grandfather bananas during the family slideshow evenings. :rotfl: This whole tray seems to have the slides in backwards, which surprises me, because my dad is usually pretty meticulous about that kind of thing!

Oooh. I'll have to post some later. My DH's parents took him to WDW just a few months after it opened in 1971. We just found some pics while cleaning out my late MIL's house. :( Plus, an original park map, ticket books, etc. I'm going to make him a collage with them.

I wasn't even born yet. He was 4! Still remembers it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!