Old Address Messing Up Things In System

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
Has anyone ever had their old address create problems in Disney's systems? We moved in 2017 and while I've changed my address in every place I can see it and called multiple times to have it corrected in every nook and cranny, that old address seems to keep popping up. We thought we got it fixed in late 2017, but I'm finding that's not the case. My magic bands for my upcoming trip were shipped to my old address as a result of this. The girl who fixed my magic band order said she thought she got the address corrected in the system, but when I called today about another trip detail, it prompted me with my old address zip code as I was giving the automated system my info. The girl who helped me today said that somehow, this trip got flipped back to my old address again. Whatever she had to do to try and fix this generated a whole new confirmation email for me. It's odd since my initial piece of Mickey mail came to my current address. Just wondering if anyone else has had this come up and if there was anything special that you remember that ultimately fixed the problem.

Can you create a new Disney profile? Apparently the old information is being stored someplace that isn't obvious to those you are speaking with on the phone. You can setup a new gmail email account and then use that to generate a new Disney profile. Seems that would be a way to make sure it is separated from your old address.

Can you create a new Disney profile? Apparently the old information is being stored someplace that isn't obvious to those you are speaking with on the phone. You can setup a new gmail email account and then use that to generate a new Disney profile. Seems that would be a way to make sure it is separated from your old address.

It may be the only way. It would just be nice if there were some other way to correct this on their end.

My family has the same issue. We moved in 2013, before we took our first family trip to wdw. Despite giving our current address, mail from Disney that's addressed to my mom gets sent to our old house. Luckily for us, it's a family friend who is renting the house so we were still able to get the mail. We even had issues with email addresses. They had my mom's original email listed from like 10+ years ago instead of the one that she has now lol. I know that's not a solution, but just wanted to say that I understand the frustration. I wish the changes the cast members make on their end actually stuck instead of reverting back to wrong info :/

Could also be another of those IT issues. Disney has a LOT of those. If different modules were outsourced for coding by various companies, it is possible they were not correctly integrated or programmers weren't told to allow for things like change of address. If this is caused by a programming issue, no one you will get on the phone from Disney can resolve that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter