Olaf's Frozen Adventure being pulled out of theaters due to complaints

I think the definitely attached the Frozen short to attract attention to the film ... not sure if it is culturally insensitive on their part though - I don't think they thought Coco might struggle because of it being focused on the Mexican Culture - more that it isn't a Princess movie and they just aren't sure what the market will be for non-princess movies. They had the same issue/worry with Zootopia for example

I think it would have made more sense if Frozen had been made by Pixar. However a lot of people still see Pixar Studios separately from Disney. I understand Disney owns Pixar, but Pixar does have its own distinct style. To me it seemed like a weird pairing.

I think it would have made more sense if Frozen had been made by Pixar. However a lot of people still see Pixar Studios separately from Disney. I understand Disney owns Pixar, but Pixar does have its own distinct style. To me it seemed like a weird pairing.

I agree - also, Coco was fairly serious and emotional - I mean it had its moments of humor, don't get me wrong, but the Frozen featurette was way "sillier" so the tones of the two were definitely different

I was a big fan of Frozen when it first came out. My sister and I have very similar personalities to Elsa and Anna respectively, so we super bonded over it. That being said, I am kind of sick of it now. The short was not short, and the number of songs in there was ridiculous. While some parts were amusing (have to admit, I laughed pretty hard when the hawk took the cake) it was just WAY too long! I also heard it was added to draw audiences to Coco. I wasn't super excited for the movie going into it, but the Frozen short didn't help me - I went to see it simply because it's a new movie. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved Coco! I never would have guessed it would be this visually stunning and so emotional! It simply blew me away! We will definitely go see Coco again, and won't miss Frozen.

There isn't anything "short" about a 20-minute animated special. Ummmm that's an entire EPISODE of kids' TV. Knowing this, and knowing my DD's attention span, we have not attempted to take her to the movies.

Walt Disney Animation, so sorry that you pumped your entire budget into fake snow and blue dresses, but the consumer is SICK of it now, and we would like to move onto something else now... pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't force the content down our throats... ugh.

I wonder if there'll be any backlash from this when the actual sequel comes out. Disney may have overplayed their hand(as if it wasn't overplayed already) with more Frozen product when the public wasn't exactly clamoring for it right now.

I wonder if there'll be any backlash from this when the actual sequel comes out. Disney may have overplayed their hand(as if it wasn't overplayed already) with more Frozen product when the public wasn't exactly clamoring for it right now.

That's kind of my take on it. Was Olaf's Frozen Adventure a market test? Is Disney starting to get nervous about Frozen 2? We are over all things Frozen currently.

Having said that, there will be the crowd to go see it because it is Disney. There will be the crowd to go see it because they are still into Frozen. Like many people, I will not go to the theater to see Frozen 2. I'll catch it another time.

Do they ever include the shorts? I feel like the Pixar movies never include their shorts.
Well its just a rumor on the 4K release but they do seem to be working on a 4K division (and I will upgrade every movie they upgrade to 4K) but with the extra space on the disc it is reasonable to assume it will be there.

I don't think (m)any people will be more sour on Frozen 2 because of this "short" - I think a lot of people are already over Frozen and wouldn't be automatically psyched for Frozen 2 anyway

As for Frozen 2 I think it will come down to how good of a movie it is. I think they are past the main peak of the popularity so that alone won't carry it to amazing numbers at the box office.

After seeing the short, I don't plan on seeing Frozen 2 in the theaters unless the reviews/word of mouth are really, really good. That short pushed me over the edge into the "I'm over Frozen" territory.
Do they ever include the shorts? I feel like the Pixar movies never include their shorts.
I think they have normally included the shorts on DVD releases, as an option in the menu.

We don't know if it will even go to TV yet. It was originally supposed to be a TV special.

I hope they don't just get rid of it completely. I really wanted to see it. I think Frozen and Coco just attract two very different audiences. Give it a chance on its own.

We went to see Coco last night so we could see the Olaf short. I really liked it and I'm glad I saw it.

We went to see Coco last night so we could see the Olaf short. I really liked it and I'm glad I saw it.

I'm considering hitting the theater tonight. The articles all say it goes Friday, so hopefully the local Regal hasn't already taken it out. I'll have to verify beforehand.

After seeing the short, I don't plan on seeing Frozen 2 in the theaters unless the reviews/word of mouth are really, really good. That short pushed me over the edge into the "I'm over Frozen" territory.

I think they have normally included the shorts on DVD releases, as an option in the menu.
So you have freezer burn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter