OKW vs BWV

tmwurl

Earning My Ears
Heading to DW in November 2014 with 10 and 13 year olds. Curious on opinions b/w OKW and BWV. I'm a little concerned about the night noise on the boardwalk.

We stayed at Boardwalk with a boardwalk view the last week of Sept. We loved sitting on the balcony and people watching in the evening! It stayed pretty noisy until about 10pm and then quieted down. Weekend was noisier. I own at OKW and have always had great rooms. However, a couple of times we have stayed near a bus turn around and heard bus wheels squeaking from morning to night. I much prefer the boardwalk noise to bus noise, personally. I hope you have wonderful trip!

Heading to DW in November 2014 with 10 and 13 year olds. Curious on opinions b/w OKW and BWV. I'm a little concerned about the night noise on the boardwalk.

Studio or 1 bedroom? Studios have 2 queen beds at OKW, at BWV it's 1 queen and a double sleeper sofa. For 1 bedrooms, OKW is much larger and have a sleeper chair in addition to the king in the master and the queen sleeper sofa. The advantage to BWV is the location.

You can get a standard or pool/garden view and will not be over the boardwalk. For boardwalk view, I always request top floor, usually get 3rd or 4th floor and noise isn't an issue.

Also going nov-dec next year and we are staying at bwv. We love it there and you can't beat the proximity to Epcot and HS. As far as the noise... Never had a problem.

You didn't mention if you were going to the parks so I am going to assume with 2 kids that you are and therefore pick BW. If going to MK, make sure you walk thru Epcot and take the Monorail - even if it's just to TTC to catch a boat, it's quicker than a bus. BW is an easy walk to both Hollywood and Epcot.

However, if your kids are into bus rides - OKW is nice and I like the pools better.

We usually don't both with AK.

Noise from the Boardwalk is no worse than noise from a pool view and runs to about the same time - 10 or 11pm. Views including standard, courtyard/garden and leisure pool have always bee very quiet in my experience.

Yes, OKW will increase the chance for a really quiet location if you are sensitive to any noise at all.

Years ago when BW first opened, they held a street party on the boardwalk until 2AM with loud, pulsing dance music. I was one of those who complained and it went away after a year or so.

I beg to differ on the advice to go through EPCOT to get to MK.
Bus: wait 0-30 min, 15 min ride to MK. Total time 15-45 min typically.
Through EPCOT: Walk time 30 min, Wait for monorail 0-10 min, Monorail 15 min, second monorail 15 min, total time 60-70min

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter