OKW Studio-Room Categories?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We've rented points and booked an OKW studio for March through David's DVC Rentals and I'd like to make a room request. Are there categories of studio rooms like with the hotels? Our confirmation reads "Deluxe Studio".

Thanks!

There are just locations: near Hospitality House, and not near.
And these are booking categories, not requests.

If you are not booked into the HH category, you can request to be near it (but it won't be one of the eight building numbers below). Also, requests are not guaranteed.

The official Hospitality House category buildings are 11, 12, 13, and 14, are directly across from the Hospitality House. Also, 23, 24, 25, and 26 are just down from the Hospitality House on Peninsular Road.

Last edited:

We've rented points and booked an OKW studio for March through David's DVC Rentals and I'd like to make a room request. Are there categories of studio rooms like with the hotels? Our confirmation reads "Deluxe Studio".

Thanks!
I could be wrong but I believe only the owner can make a room request not a renter. You could ask David’s to attempt to facilitate but I feel like I’ve seen people say on here it’s actually against policy? I haven’t rented from them myself just going by what others have reported.

You should be to request various different buildings, so long as they are within your category (Hospitality House or non-Hospitality House). You might be able to request a room in one of the 3 buildings that has an elevator (all the others DO NOT have elevators). You might request a room near a certain swimming pool, a certain restaurant, or by the golf course. Some people ask for a room in a more quiet area and others like to be near a bus stop. So, you should have options. But, of course, a request is just a request. It might or might not get filled.

The majority of studios are located at the ends of the buildings (so maybe four in a building and stacked on top of each other). There are a few with four studios located in two inner corners (three floors, two in each corner, four on each floor, maybe four buildings like this). Most buildings will not have an elevator and you will need to take the stairs if you aren't on the first floor. You might find a few first floor studios that are HCA as well since the buildings don't have elevators.

Thanks, we're fine with stairs. Our priorities are a quiet balcony and a seat on the bus :-)

You may have already contacted David's about your room request but I can tell you with 100% certainty their guests make room requests all the time and it is within their policy to have the owners who make the actual reservations request said room vicinity requests with member services.
I'm an owner at OKW, have been since presale days and I deal with the resort on a constant basis about what is going on. I have some friends that are castmembers that have helped me get alot of knowledge about the resort. I have friends that work for David's so I can confirm on both sides of the matter.

The official Hospitality House category buildings are 11, 12, 13, and 14, are directly across from the Hospitality House. Also, 23, 24, 25, and 26 are just down from the Hospitality House on Peninsular Road. You'll see in the map below Blue circled buildings are the HH category buildings. Outside of HH 15, 16, 62, 63, 64 are the closest buildings to HH.
62, 63, 64 are also the only buildings at OKW with an elevator.

For a quiet balcony I would recommend buildings 51 through 54 as they back onto the fairway and are far enough from the road you shouldn't hear to much noise. 33, 36 and 37 are also viable options for a quiet balcony. Avoid 45, 46 and 55 as they overlook the Sassagoula River and you'll hear the ferry's throughout the day.
gdul-okw-map-jpg.174152

Here's a little information about the building style layouts at OKW.
OKW has no Dedicated Studios or Dedicated 1Bedroom villas. There are 274 Dedicated 2Bedroom villas and 230 Lockoff 2Bedrooms (comprised of a Studio and connecting 1BR) and 27 3 bedroom Grand Villas for a total of 531 Units / 761 Max. Available Rooms.

All of the following building descriptions are listed from right to left, as you face the building from the parking area.

Type A buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
3rd Floor- 2,2,2
Buildings 13,20,21,23,26,27,28,32,33,34,36,37,39,41,42,45,46,47,50,52,54,56 and 62 are all Type A.

Type B buildings are all 2 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,1,S
Buildings 11,17,24,30,31,40,44 and 55 are all Type B.

Type C buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,1,S (#6322 and #6323 are both HCA GVs)
3rd Floor- GV, GV (upper floors)
Buildings 15,16 19,22,25,29,43,49,51,53 and 63 are all Type C.

Type D buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- 2,1,S,S,1,1,S,S,1,2
2nd Floor- 2,1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1,2
3rd Floor- 1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1
Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are all Type D.

Type E- #48 is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,GV (#4815 is a HCA GV)
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,GV,GV(upper Floor)
3rd Floor- GV,GV,GV (upper floor of all)

Type E- #49 is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,GV,GV,GV,1,S
3rd Floor- GV,GV,GV (upper floor of all)

Building 48 and 49 are the only Type E buildings and each has a variant configuration.

TypeF is a 3 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,1,S,1,S
3rd Floor- S,1,2,2
Building 64 is the only Type F.

TypeG is a 2 story building.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,2
Building 12 is the only Type G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!