OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hello! We are checking out today from a lovely 2BR villa in building 27. The room was amazing and the view of the golf course was super relaxing. We had a short walk to the bus stop and main pool. We own at SSR, BLT, AKV, but OKW remains our favorite. It’s a hidden gem. The size of the rooms is amazing, so glad when it was built Disney didn’t know how to do timeshares, lol. The refurbishment was nicely done. I actually had a full week at BLT in a 1BR and gave that up to be here in a 2BR(spending fewer points) best decision ever! I know OKW is a huge resort and spread out and that may not be appealing for everyone, but this resort is so relaxing and just amazing. Looking forward to coming back!

The size of the rooms is amazing, so glad when it was built Disney didn’t know how to do timeshares,
Actually, I think it’s the opposite. Most upper level TS (Marriott, for instance) have OKW-size units. I think that when OKW was built, Disney built to the size & standards of the time. When they designed BWV and later they reduced villa sizes - they had learned how to do timeshares their own way.

GV's are found in Buildings 15,16,19,22,25,29,43,48,49,51,53 and 63.
Buildings 62, 63 and 64 all have elevators but no other Buildings are accessible above the ground floor.
As of June 1, 2007 - all WDW resorts are smoke-free with no smoking allowed in rooms, balconies, and patios as well all public areas. There are designated smoking areas available outdoors. In Buildings 11-29, the 1BR and 2BR villas have one entrance to the master bathroom - thru the master bedroom. In Buildings 30-64, there is an additional access to the master bath thru the laundry room. The jacuzzi area is separate from the master bath which has the toilet, shower and sink.

Has anyone stayed in a one-bedroom and a studio recently? I am wondering if they have regular coffee makers or Kuerig style. Also - do they still have mini toiletries or have they switched to the large dispensers?
Thanks!!

Has anyone stayed in a one-bedroom and a studio recently? I am wondering if they have regular coffee makers or Kuerig style. Also - do they still have mini toiletries or have they switched to the large dispensers?
Thanks!!

We were there in October. There were still regular coffee matters as of that time.

Thanks!!
OKW has the wall mounted dispensers for shampoo, shower gel and conditioner. For coffee makers, plan on a Mr Coffee style coffee maker, 10-12 cup usually, but it can also be a 4-6 cup coffee maker. If you drink a lot of coffee, you'll need to bring your own filters and coffee. You get one, maybe two prefiltered packet of coffee each service day. They make about six cups.

Thanks for the replies. I agree about the coffee! We always bring Barnie’s Santa’s White Christmas as a treat!

Hi all! We will have a car for this trip and have a reservation for room near HH. Is it hard to find parking in the buildings 11-14? Should we request 23-26 for closer parking to villa? TIA.

Yes, parking does fill with folks that come to the store area from other locations around OKW and the cheep folks that come to OKW to get a bus to the parks, to avoid paying for parking at the parks, I wish they would do something to stop this.

Yes, parking does fill with folks that come to the store area from other locations around OKW and the cheep folks that come to OKW to get a bus to the parks, to avoid paying for parking at the parks, I wish they would do something to stop this.
Thanks! I'll request 23-26 then.

Hi all! We will have a car for this trip and have a reservation for room near HH. Is it hard to find parking in the buildings 11-14? Should we request 23-26 for closer parking to villa? TIA.

We were in building 14 in October and never had a problem parking in front of the building.

I've searched the threads and also tried seeing if any youtube videos cover this, but no such luck! Hope you can help!

For the living room sleeping areas of the 1 or 2 bedroom villas - how difficult is the pull-out queen sofa to use on a daily basis? I think I read that the twin chair wasn't too bad to convert, but the sofa was, but no one actually shows it being done.

Wondering if this could be an option for us, but not sure if setting up/closing day every day will be more of a PITA than I realize.

Thanks!!!

:)

I've searched the threads and also tried seeing if any youtube videos cover this, but no such luck! Hope you can help!

For the living room sleeping areas of the 1 or 2 bedroom villas - how difficult is the pull-out queen sofa to use on a daily basis? I think I read that the twin chair wasn't too bad to convert, but the sofa was, but no one actually shows it being done.

Wondering if this could be an option for us, but not sure if setting up/closing day every day will be more of a PITA than I realize.

Thanks!!!

:)
Sometimes it is easy, other times not so easy. For you, it will be easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!