OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

It is unlikely that OKW renovations haven't been completed on all rooms. They were going section by section, and one of the the last areas finished was near HH. WHen I was down in June, there were some blinds open in unit 14, and I could see from the bus that those near HH units were finished.
I was in Bldg 11 in July and the entire area was finished.

If Wakey was looking at Trip Advisor, it is full of whiny people. Same with FB.

Last edited:
Is it April Fools?

Nope - calendar says Sept. The parts of this that makes it all questionable is threadbare carpets (the place isn't 100 yo) and nasty furniture? Did not know there was nasty furniture either. Certainly not @Deb & Bill 's favorite coffee table because they kept that. ;)
Maybe a too picky person on another forum claiming carpet threadbare and furniture all chipped and wasn’t redone. Someone else said there had been contract issues- there may have been but I thought it was finished as well. Like above, may be a too picky person and maybe not correct. It was news to me which is why I posted it here wondering if anyone else had encountered the same.

Maybe a too picky person on another forum claiming carpet threadbare and furniture all chipped and wasn’t redone. Someone else said there had been contract issues- there may have been but I thought it was finished as well. Like above, may be a too picky person and maybe not correct. It was news to me which is why I posted it here wondering if anyone else had encountered the same.

If there ain't pictures then it ain't true! Or rather, I'm just doubtful of the correctness of the report.

However it was several years before I ever saw info that not all the BLT studio bathroom sinks were moved into the bathroom and that there are still a couple that have the old configuration so I guess anything is possible.

Any advice on how I can get a shirt that's available at the Conch Flats General Store from home? Or if there's a post already point me in the right direction? Is this even doable? It's the Gurgling Suitcase T. Thanks.

Well, you used to be able to call Disney merchandise at WDW...but the shipping is ridiculously high.

Just returned from a 8 night trip. Stayed in a two bedroom villa - room 1324. We absolutely loved this location!!! Water and golf view off the back porch . Super quick and easy walk to the buses and main pool. Was surprised to find that the laundry room had entry from the hallway (and not the king/master bedroom!). We did not have any issues with noise from traffic or busses. Got ‘bar food’ to go a couple of times for as a late night snack. Pulled pork nachos, fish tacos, and fried pickles were amazing and the portions were quite large. Found that all the staff AND quests we interacted with were so pleasant and friendly. We can’t wait to go back - sad we waited so long to try out OKW, but glad we found our new favorite.

Laundry rooms at OKW all have entry from the hallway. In buildings 30 and higher, there is a second door from the laundry room in to the master bath, minor design change between building phases.

In July, I was in one of the last villas to be renovated for two nights and it was in good condition. Not quite Key West look, but clean and good condition. They didn't change out the coffee table, the corner table in the living room and the dining room table. But if I remember correctly, everything else was changed out. No carpet in the living room, but carpet in the bedrooms and studios. It looked to be new.
we stayed in a renovated studio . Beds were new and bathroom was renovated however the original table and chairs were used. My one complaint other than the small t.v. was that the cabinet in the kitchenette was the original one . It did not give continuity to the room . It could of at least been painted to match the blue - green color of the bathroom cabinet and dresser. Otherwise the renovation was very nice.

Last edited:
Hello, think about buying int OKW and doing a "trial stay" in January. Just booked a 1BR. I'd really like to be near the HH. I was told (in Disney chat with cast member) that this is a request when doing on-line check in. I looked, and they list "areas", such as Miller's Road, Old Turtle Pond, and Peninsular Road. Is requesting Peninsular Road area the same as requesting near HH? Thanks! So excited to stay at OKW!

"Near HH" is a separate category. It consists of buildings number 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26. OKW is my home resort, and I've stayed there I think 5 times, always requesting near HH.
My first stay I was in building 12, which I thought was great due to proximity to HH. But I found from my subsequent stays that the view was boring.
All other stays I was on Peninsular Road. Not as close to HH as building 12, but a better view. One time I was upgraded to a 1 BR, in I believe building 27. It was not technically "near HH," but I found it to be a good location.
You'll have a great time there. Be sure to take the tour.

"Near HH" is a separate category. It consists of buildings number 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26. OKW is my home resort, and I've stayed there I think 5 times, always requesting near HH.
My first stay I was in building 12, which I thought was great due to proximity to HH. But I found from my subsequent stays that the view was boring.
All other stays I was on Peninsular Road. Not as close to HH as building 12, but a better view. One time I was upgraded to a 1 BR, in I believe building 27. It was not technically "near HH," but I found it to be a good location.
You'll have a great time there. Be sure to take the tour.

Thanks for the info. I think it may be different when booking through Disney, as near HH wasn't an option when I booked.

Then I would suggest choosing Peninsular Road, as all buildings there are fairly close to HH, certainly comfortable walking distance.

Thanks for the info. I think it may be different when booking through Disney, as near HH wasn't an option when I booked.
Since Near HH is only eight buildings and there are a lot more than that in the non-HH booking category, near HH is usually booked up before seven months out. And it isn't available for a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center. It's only available for a points reservation.

Peninsular Road category is the area right across the Trumbo Canal from the HH (just cross the bridge and you are there). It's the first bus stop for the theme park buses entering the property.

Also, for 1 bedroom and larger units. you may prefer to NOT be in the near HH category, depending upon the makeup of your traveling party. In buildings 29 and under, there is one entrance to the bathroom...thru the master bedroom. In buildings 30 and higher there are two entrances, one thru the master bedroom, and another thru the laundry room.

Meaning, for the near HH buildings, if you have someone sleeping in the living room and they need to use the restroom at night, they need to go thru the master bedroom.

This was a minor design change between building phases. Studios were not affected...a studio is a studio for the most part, though there are a few studios without a front window, in the "U" shaped buildings.

Also, for 1 bedroom and larger units. you may prefer to NOT be in the near HH category, depending upon the makeup of your traveling party. In buildings 29 and under, there is one entrance to the bathroom...thru the master bedroom. In buildings 30 and higher there are two entrances, one thru the master bedroom, and another thru the laundry room.

Meaning, for the near HH buildings, if you have someone sleeping in the living room and they need to use the restroom at night, they need to go thru the master bedroom.

This was a minor design change between building phases. Studios were not affected...a studio is a studio for the most part, though there are a few studios without a front window, in the "U" shaped buildings.

I totally forgot about this. I have a one bedroom in the HH area scheduled in just under three weeks. What's the best way to put in a request for a newer (30+) building? Member services or something else?

I totally forgot about this. I have a one bedroom in the HH area scheduled in just under three weeks. What's the best way to put in a request for a newer (30+) building? Member services or something else?
You have to not be in the HH area.

In general for room & building requests, if you're a DVC member, I've had complete success by going online into the DVC website and doing online chat with their support cast members. I like that I have a record of the conversation this way, rather than a mysterious fax or a phone call.

In general for room & building requests, if you're a DVC member, I've had complete success by going online into the DVC website and doing online chat with their support cast members. I like that I have a record of the conversation this way, rather than a mysterious fax or a phone call.

That's a great idea. Thanks.

That's a different booking category. It would be like booking SSR and asking to be put in OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!