OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

If my group booked 2 studios at OKW in early October 2019, how likely is it that they would be able to meet a request of same building and floor? I know nothing is guaranteed, but has anyone had much success with this kind of request?

If my group booked 2 studios at OKW in early October 2019, how likely is it that they would be able to meet a request of same building and floor? I know nothing is guaranteed, but has anyone had much success with this kind of request?
The most studios any building has is 12 and that is only in four buildings (14, 18, 35 and 38) and they are all inner studios (meaning only one window to the studio, which is the patio door). Bldg 64 has seven and most of the rest have four or fewer. October means most of the villas will be booked for F&W. So the odds of getting two studios on the same floor and same building would be rare unless you got two of the inner corner studios and even that could be rare. Same building possible but possibly not.

We booked a studio and our friends booked a studio for the marathon at OKW and we marked traveling with on the reservation. We were in the same building, but not the same floor. And we were in Bldg 35. We were on the third floor and they were on the second floor. Most of the buildings don't have elevators, so we hiked to the third floor. Ugh.

Last edited:
The most studios any building has is 12 and that is only in four buildings (14, 18, 35 and 38) and they are all inner studios (meaning only one window to the studio, which is the patio door). Bldg 64 has seven and most of the rest have four or fewer. October means most of the villas will be booked for F&W. So the odds of getting two studios on the same floor and same building would be rare unless you got two of the inner corner studios and even that could be rare. Same building possible but possibly not.

We booked a studio and our friends booked a studio for the marathon at OKW and we marked traveling with on the reservation. We were in the same building, but not the same floor. And we were in Bldg 35. We were on the third floor and they were on the second floor. Most of the buildings don't have elevators, so we hiked to the third floor. Ugh.

Thanks. This was so helpful.

:laughing: Sorry, Deb & Bill, but you gave me such a good chuckle when I read that you guys booked for the marathon and had to climb stairs. :confused3 :goodvibes Or perhaps it was just your friend doing the marathon? :cutie:

:laughing: Sorry, Deb & Bill, but you gave me such a good chuckle when I read that you guys booked for the marathon and had to climb stI. airs. :confused3 :goodvibes Or perhaps it was just your friend doing the marathon? :cutie:
I can sympathize. After DH ran the marathon, going up and down stairs was very painful for the rest of the day

:laughing: Sorry, Deb & Bill, but you gave me such a good chuckle when I read that you guys booked for the marathon and had to climb stairs. :confused3 :goodvibes Or perhaps it was just your friend doing the marathon? :cutie:
I don't do marathons. I have two replaced knees and heart issues. My son did the Dopey and my husband, who has done several marathons but stopped because of his health issues, did the 10K. One floor up isn't too bad for me. Three going up with luggage (we made our son our Sherpa on that trip) is tough. Yeah, not knowing the history does make it sound pretty funny and I'd probably chuckle, too. It seems we only get the third floor studios in our later years, not when it was easier to climb the stairs.

This may be a dumb question, but when you go to check into the lobby, do they have a shuttle or golf cart or something that brings you and your bags to your room? I was just wondering how that works with the logistics of DME dropping you off if your room ends up being at the far end of the property.

Yes, bell services will take you and all your bags to your unit. If you use the bag tags sent to you with DME, your luggage will be delivered to you room, if you are in the room or not. Tip is included in the DME service, but with lots of bags I always give them extra if we are there.

Yes, bell services will take you and all your bags to your unit. If you use the bag tags sent to you with DME, your luggage will be delivered to you room, if you are in the room or not. Tip is included in the DME service, but with lots of bags I always give them extra if we are there.
Thanks Bill! I figured they didn't dump you there and make you hike all over the place with your bags but you never know LOL

This may be a dumb question, but when you go to check into the lobby, do they have a shuttle or golf cart or something that brings you and your bags to your room? I was just wondering how that works with the logistics of DME dropping you off if your room ends up being at the far end of the property.

areno79, I have had bell service give me a ride in a golf cart to my room upon check-in :drive:My luggage gets delivered to my room by bell services from the Magical Express service delivery :thumbsup2 For check-out, I usually call bell services to pick me and my luggage up to bring me back to the airline check-in desk :cool1:

areno79, I have had bell service give me a ride in a golf cart to my room upon check-in :drive:My luggage gets delivered to my room by bell services from the Magical Express service delivery :thumbsup2 For check-out, I usually call bell services to pick me and my luggage up to bring me back to the airline check-in desk :cool1:
Thanks for mentioning that! I was so focused on getting to my unit, I wasn't even thinking about what would happen when it was time to check out and head home!

Not every airline is included in the resort to airport luggage check-in, so check with them, all will handle your luggage going to WDW. Also note the time they are open to check in luggage at the resort. I believe they are 'open' 5am-1pm, but check with them prior, and allow time as it can back up.

So disappointed. Just returned Sunday from a split stay, last 4 days being at OKW in Bldg 14 room 1434. Was aware the room was not a refurbed one. It was a one bedroom unit, third floor. Room was not ready till 5 pm. I am aware the "after 4" policy. Traveling with my daughter's family, including 10 month old. By 5 he was done - missing naps, spending a lot of time in stroller, etc. So we quickly settled in. Only after we were settled in did we realize the extremely shabby condition of the unit. Had I been traveling with anyone but my immediate family I would have been embarrassed. Dining table as well as living room end table entirely scratched so much so that the dark finish was off in many places. Sides as well as the tops. While sitting on the couch we noticed the bottom of the dishwasher was rusted on both sides. And so much so that it was noticed from across the room. Two of the shades on the balcony door were ripped at the bottom and were
hanging down. The floor in front of the balcony had at least an inch dip from about six inches out from the door, the entire width of the door. Perhaps when it was carpeted it wasn't noticeable? All cold water spigots sputtered when used, every time. Light in the shower stall had noticeable black inside of it. Ice maker was off - when we tuned on the first round of cubes came out with brown across the top of each cube. Never used it. Got ice from ice machines. I did report that, not sure any one ever came - it was never turned back on. We spent the next 2 days at Universal, not in the room except to sleep. The room was clean, just extremely shabby. Felt like I was in a suite at Days Inn, so worn. Personally I cannot believe this room in still on inventory to be used. We have been DVC members 25 years, always singing its praises. OKW is our home resort, although we haven't stayed there the last few years. We are currently in the process of composing a letter to the general manager, and will include pictures. Just cannot believe the rooms are allowed to get this dilapidated before things are replaced. And that they would still be on inventory to be used. Word of advice to anyone with an upcoming reservation - please request a refurbished room.

So disappointed. Just returned Sunday from a split stay, last 4 days being at OKW in Bldg 14 room 1434. Was aware the room was not a refurbed one. It was a one bedroom unit, third floor. Room was not ready till 5 pm. I am aware the "after 4" policy. Traveling with my daughter's family, including 10 month old. By 5 he was done - missing naps, spending a lot of time in stroller, etc. So we quickly settled in. Only after we were settled in did we realize the extremely shabby condition of the unit. Had I been traveling with anyone but my immediate family I would have been embarrassed. Dining table as well as living room end table entirely scratched so much so that the dark finish was off in many places. Sides as well as the tops. While sitting on the couch we noticed the bottom of the dishwasher was rusted on both sides. And so much so that it was noticed from across the room. Two of the shades on the balcony door were ripped at the bottom and were
hanging down. The floor in front of the balcony had at least an inch dip from about six inches out from the door, the entire width of the door. Perhaps when it was carpeted it wasn't noticeable? All cold water spigots sputtered when used, every time. Light in the shower stall had noticeable black inside of it. Ice maker was off - when we tuned on the first round of cubes came out with brown across the top of each cube. Never used it. Got ice from ice machines. I did report that, not sure any one ever came - it was never turned back on. We spent the next 2 days at Universal, not in the room except to sleep. The room was clean, just extremely shabby. Felt like I was in a suite at Days Inn, so worn. Personally I cannot believe this room in still on inventory to be used. We have been DVC members 25 years, always singing its praises. OKW is our home resort, although we haven't stayed there the last few years. We are currently in the process of composing a letter to the general manager, and will include pictures. Just cannot believe the rooms are allowed to get this dilapidated before things are replaced. And that they would still be on inventory to be used. Word of advice to anyone with an upcoming reservation - please request a refurbished room.

Look for a gentleman whose name is Rodney at the front desk (front desk manager?). When we were there in May, we got an extremely sad-looking villa, with lots of housekeeping and maintenance issues. I went to the front desk and talked with a gentleman in a coat and tie who looked knowledgeable. I'm so sorry I forgot his title, but he was extremely helpful, moved us, and followed up very promptly.

Thanks for mentioning that! I was so focused on getting to my unit, I wasn't even thinking about what would happen when it was time to check out and head home!
No one wants to think of that...NEVER:crazy2:...It's like when we arrive at the airport & get on the Monorail from the gates to the main bldg. @ MCO....We always say this is our first ride, and look at all the sorry/sad people riding it back the other way...Knowing that in a few days or a week or so that'll be us..:(

I have been saying this for a few years. We always stay in the same 2-4 buildings; always a 2 bed. Had a refurbished room in September. The room was lovely. The balcony/patio was really worn. Remarkably, there are others who have never seen a bad room.

Last edited:
We just got back from a split stay. 3 nights a Saratoga springs and 2 at OKW. We were in a one bedroom villa. It was a refurbished one and it was gorgeous! Looking forward to going back.
How was ssr vs OKW? We are staying at SSR in Feb. Thanks!

For those who stay in the HH section a lot, which area do you prefer the most, the units around behind the check in area, or the others that are close to the first bus stop?

if we have a car, it's better away from the bldgs near the check in area because parking is difficult. Without a car, we like 11-14 to be close to dining, the DS boat, ....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter