OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

For anyone that has stayed in the GrandVilla at OKW what is the bed configuration? Disney lists it as King bed, 2 queens, 2 doubles and a queen sofa, sleeps 12. Other sites list it as king, 2 queen, 2 queen and queen sofa. Then Ive seen others say there is also a sleeper chair in the living room. I'm assuming Disney's site is accurate but your not sleeping 2 adults on a double bed comfortably.

Unless the configuration changes with the current refurbishment, it is King, 2 Queen, 2 Double, Queen sleeper sofa. I don't know if the sleeper chair has been added, but I would assume so, as it was added to the one and two bedroom units.

Unless the configuration changes with the current refurbishment, it is King, 2 Queen, 2 Double, Queen sleeper sofa. I don't know if the sleeper chair has been added, but I would assume so, as it was added to the one and two bedroom units.

DVC site says sleeper chair for 1 and 2 bedroom doesn't mention it at all for grand villa. So Ill go with no at this time. Maybe after the current refurb.

I hope they modernise the kitchen appliances, last trip we had a noisy dishwasher which kept waking me up and Nov 15 we had a super noisy fridge!!

They are working away here at OKW. They have at least 3-5 buildings under renovation —all in the Turtle Pond area and in the low 30’s. No photos here but plumbers/painters have been coming daily and today we saw a bedding/drapery company truck so I would assume some have to be close to finishing.

I hope so. I'm going in early December, and requested a one bedroom near the Turtle Pond bus stop. How great would it be to be in a freshly renovated room?

I hope so. I'm going in early December, and requested a one bedroom near the Turtle Pond bus stop. How great would it be to be in a freshly renovated room?
Yes, that would be fabulous! We have had a wonderful week here at OKW. Our one bedroom was very clean but the bathroom is so worn out. I am very hopeful for a nice renovation. This is a lovely resort and the room size fits my family’s needs. Crossing my fingers for a good and thoughtful design.

We just checked into Turtle Pond Building 34 first floor accessible. Don't see any construction, and DH is sleeping
on the couch in the living room. We just got of the Fantasy. Our room was ready at 2:30PM. Resort is busy.

Ok, so how many studios are classified as "near the Hospitality House?

There are 40 Studios in the Near HH category, 4 each in bldgs 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25 & 26, plus 12 studios in bldg 14, I think 6 of the studios in bldg 14 do not have a front window, the ones in the crossbar of the "U" shaped bldgs do not have a front window. I believe there is a mirror or painting there instead.

I don't think we would like a trek up to a third floor room, and there is no guarantee that you won't get one, so I am just stumped. Which one would I prefer more, a room close to the HH, where there are fewer first or second floor rooms, or a room a good ways out, with a good chance of getting a first floor room?

Morning everyone! I'm headed to OKW in 8 short days and have a couple of questions. Does Bell Services ever help pick you up and take you up to HH when it's time to check out/hop on the Magical Express? Or do we need to use the bus? The only reason I ask is that my DH and MIL will be flying out pretty early (their flight leaves @ 9 am, which I'm guessing means a 6 a.m. ME pick up), but I didn't know if they can call bell services to come to the room to pick them and their luggage up (we were able to do this @ CSR on our stays there). I wasn't sure how early the buses would be running.

Secondly, what is the best way to request a certain building? I know there are absolutely no guarantees on where we are put, and honestly, I don't really want to be near HH... I've stayed in building 56 in the South Point road area (and actually really liked it back there), but didn't know if faxing the resort (I've read people have done this at some resorts) is something anyone has done @ OKW.

Thanks for your help!

Am I correct in seeing that there are 18 studios on the first floor, 18 on the second and 4 on the third floor? With those numbers, one will only have a 10% chance of getting a third floor room near the Hospitality House? Plus, if you were assigned one of those four rooms you could ask to be moved to a another building anywhere in the resort that might have a ground floor available, if possible?

I am really weighing which resort would make the better home resort for us when we buy in. Either here or SSR. And the lower dues and a little longer contract at SSR are really enticing. But then I also would like to consider AKVs or BRVs, but they will probably come with a higher price tag and higher dues. So my very short list will consist of OKW and SSR.

Am I correct in seeing that there are 18 studios on the first floor, 18 on the second and 4 on the third floor? With those numbers, one will only have a 10% chance of getting a third floor room near the Hospitality House? Plus, if you were assigned one of those four rooms you could ask to be moved to a another building anywhere in the resort that might have a ground floor available, if possible?

I am really weighing which resort would make the better home resort for us when we buy in. Either here or SSR. And the lower dues and a little longer contract at SSR are really enticing. But then I also would like to consider AKVs or BRVs, but they will probably come with a higher price tag and higher dues. So my very short list will consist of OKW and SSR.

Most 3 story buildings at OKW do not have studios on the 3rd floor. There are only 18 3rd floor studios throughout the entire resort, most of the 3-story building do not have any units on the 3rd floor, rather they are the top floor of OKWs two story Grand Villas. In at least 50 stays over the last 25 years, I've only gotten a 3rd floor studio 2x, and I think at least 24 or more visits were in studios.

Most 3 story buildings at OKW do not have studios on the 3rd floor. There are only 18 3rd floor studios throughout the entire resort, most of the 3-story building do not have any units on the 3rd floor, rather they are the top floor of OKWs two story Grand Villas. In at least 50 stays over the last 25 years, I've only gotten a 3rd floor studio 2x, and I think at least 24 or more visits were in studios.
Cool. Good information I did not know.

Hi, we’re booked into a one bedroom villa next August (5 adults). We’ve paid cash through Disney Holidays. On my app it’s giving me the chance to start check in already but I don’t want to do it before we know where to request our room. Are there certain restrictions on cash renters as to where we might be put? I’d really like to be near Hospitality House but not sure if that will be an option for non-DVC holidayers. Thanks :thanks:

Morning everyone! I'm headed to OKW in 8 short days and have a couple of questions. Does Bell Services ever help pick you up and take you up to HH when it's time to check out/hop on the Magical Express? Or do we need to use the bus? The only reason I ask is that my DH and MIL will be flying out pretty early (their flight leaves @ 9 am, which I'm guessing means a 6 a.m. ME pick up), but I didn't know if they can call bell services to come to the room to pick them and their luggage up (we were able to do this @ CSR on our stays there). I wasn't sure how early the buses would be running.

Secondly, what is the best way to request a certain building? I know there are absolutely no guarantees on where we are put, and honestly, I don't really want to be near HH... I've stayed in building 56 in the South Point road area (and actually really liked it back there), but didn't know if faxing the resort (I've read people have done this at some resorts) is something anyone has done @ OKW.

Thanks for your help!
Hello! we always book bell service the night before to pick us up and take us (and our luggage) to the airline check-in desk. They are always promptly there at the time arranged, no matter how early!
Enjoy OKW! we were just there last week and miss it!

Hi, we’re booked into a one bedroom villa next August (5 adults). We’ve paid cash through Disney Holidays. On my app it’s giving me the chance to start check in already but I don’t want to do it before we know where to request our room. Are there certain restrictions on cash renters as to where we might be put? I’d really like to be near Hospitality House but not sure if that will be an option for non-DVC holidayers. Thanks :thanks:
With DVC it is a booking category, with a cash reservation I think it is only a request. But yes, you should make the request. Likely you'll be placed in bldgs 27 to 29, bldg 16 or bldgs 62 to 64. The DVC Near HH building are 11 to14 and 23 to 26.

With DVC it is a booking category, with a cash reservation I think it is only a request. But yes, you should make the request. Likely you'll be placed in bldgs 27 to 29, bldg 16 or bldgs 62 to 64. The DVC Near HH building are 11 to14 and 23 to 26.
Thank you for that. It gives me some idea of which buildings to request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!