• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW June 2014? FP+ for DVC?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We have not been to WDW since early April of 2012. Since then my oldest got her degree and got married, and my younger daughter is going to college.
We are looking at a trip in June, 2014. We have SSR points, but I would like to try all the resorts and am thinking of getting a 1BR at OKW this next time. I know it is in a similar area to SSR, and to try to get near HH. My 7 month window will be in November.
It will just be me, DH,and my then-16 year old son.
I just flipped through 89 pages of a thread about the new FP + system. I just adjusted to the "enforced FP window" thing last time! In all honesty I did not read every one of the posts, but I have seen reference to AP holders but not DVC members. Will we need to buy tickets from Disney now to access this new system, or when we book our DVC rooms will we be placed into the system? I normally use undercover tourist for tickets.
Thanks, and sorry if this is a regurgitated question.
Daisyx3

I think it sounds like all guests of certain resorts get FP+ and I think that includes DVC....but its not fully known.

The last MDE iPhone app update added the ability to scan a tickets barcode to add it to your MDE "profile"..so it doesn't seem like they will restrict UT buyers.

....but nothing is set in stone.

No one knows for sure when fast pass + will be live in the parks, but there is a pretty good chance that by next June, it will be. By that time, Disney will probably have had enough time to work all of the kinks out. I personally hope it isn't live, but am resigned to the fact that it probably will be. Can you tell that we aren't fans of the new system?

From what I have read, in order to use fast pass +, it is tied to your park tickets. You have to link your already purchased tickets into My Disney Experience in order to pick your fast passes at 60 days out. You should still be able to link tickets purchased from UT to the disney system.

Are you saying that all our park passes have to be purchased 60 days out in order to use FP+

Are you saying that all our park passes have to be purchased 60 days out in order to use FP+

No, that meant you could book your FPs as far out as 60 days. Not that you had to. But until its implemented, it's all up in the air. I have decided to not even give it a thought until much closer to my trip for Easter 2014. It could be so different than rumored or tested by the time they have it fully implemented, it's not worth my energy to stress over it.

Thanks for the info! We are actually now considering a June 2014 trip and a spring break 2015 trip (I live in one school district and work in another, so when our spring breaks are the same we usually try to take a trip--2015 will be the first time in three years). If so, we will probably buy some APs, so I will have to keep an eye open and see how that works.
Also now considering trying for Grand Floridian villas studio in June 14 and then OKW in 2015. Yeah I know, good luck with that one LOL, but I got lucky with BLT 7 months out for 2012 so maybe it will work out.
Daisyx3

I've got out tickets for our June 2014 trip. BCV and OKW GV...wondering how thats going to work too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter