OKW direct

I got added to the wait list.. requested a Aug/September use year.. we will see what happens when any become available.. just have to wait it out now

OKW is a great resort. My grandparents bought back in the early days when it was the only DVC resort so I stayed there a few times I my teens, and we have stayed there 2x since becoming DVC owners in 2012 (AKV is our home resort). I really like the Conch Flats theme, Olivia's is a solid restaurant, the main pool has a very deep end that I can cannonball in with my kids and not slam into the bottom of the pool, Turtle Pond pool is nice if you want a quieter experience away from the crowds, the Community Hall is great for families (we spent several rainy nights there playing games and doing other activities w/ our kids), it's fairly conveniently located to all parks via vehicular transportation, has good dedicated bus service, and boat access to Disney Springs is also nice (it was especially great during the construction during the transition from Downtown Disney to Springs).

It is the oldest resort but IMO has been well kept, and we haven't even stayed in a renovated room yet. We may have the chance next year because my parents are coming with us and my mom wants to stay at OKW, I think due to sentimental value and both of my grandparents (her parents) having passed on and the memories of our trips there as a family in the 90's.

Been researching DVC for almost 8 months after finally taking the tour while at WDW last December... we are looking into purchasing OKW direct (yes I know all about resale but direct works for us)... we will be back at WDW mid September and hoping to purchase at that time.. has anyone bought OKW direct recently? Is there a wait list or will we will be able to go to DVC and tell them we want X amount of points at OKW, will sign and pay in full today

Thanks in advance
I bought OKW direct in Feb took 1 day to get off waitlist. Pester guide and contracts magically appear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!