OKW Direct Extended Price

Willow526

Earning My Ears
First post here! Hi all!

DH and I are probably going to utilize the resale market to buy either SSR or OKW extended. While looking at the OKW extended contracts available right now at least, though, I’ve noticed there isn’t that much of a difference - roughly $30pp - between resale and what DVCnews has listed as the direct price. I understand that we’d have to wait if buying directly from Disney, but does anyone know if those direct points, which DVCnews has listed as 156 base are extended?

I also have a much less important follow up question. I’ve been doing a ton of reading of the boards prior to posting and have seen discussion that some folks really believe 2042 contracts will all legally need to be effectively extended. I’ve mostly seen this in discussion re: those who have bought direct. Is there a possibility, though, that resale buyers will also end up benefiting from this potential loop hole? It’s not at all something I’m betting on, but I am curious where people’s thoughts are on it.

Thanks!:wave2:

First post here! Hi all!

DH and I are probably going to utilize the resale market to buy either SSR or OKW extended. While looking at the OKW extended contracts available right now at least, though, I’ve noticed there isn’t that much of a difference - roughly $30pp - between resale and what DVCnews has listed as the direct price. I understand that we’d have to wait if buying directly from Disney, but does anyone know if those direct points, which DVCnews has listed as 156 base are extended?

I also have a much less important follow up question. I’ve been doing a ton of reading of the boards prior to posting and have seen discussion that some folks really believe 2042 contracts will all legally need to be effectively extended. I’ve mostly seen this in discussion re: those who have bought direct. Is there a possibility, though, that resale buyers will also end up benefiting from this potential loop hole? It’s not at all something I’m betting on, but I am curious where people’s thoughts are on it.

Thanks!:wave2:

Check with Disney - I am seeing okw in the 95-100 range and I thought direct was 165-185.

With that said we still bought direct for our baseline so we can get the rest of the benefits you lose with resale but for extentiins of that we would do resale

Check with Disney - I am seeing okw in the 95-100 range and I thought direct was 165-185.

With that said we still bought direct for our baseline so we can get the rest of the benefits you lose with resale but for extentiins of that we would do resale

Thanks! I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to just contact Disney for the extended price 😅 I do think the 95-100 you’re seeing are contracts ending in 2042 but I’d love if they weren’t haha

Disney direct only sells extended contracts at OKW. I believe that 156 is the correct price. I see resale OKW extended go for about 110-118 listed.

As for the legal thing that is for those that didn't sign the Quit Claim deed. In order for ownership to change DVC requires the Quit Claim to be signed thus any new owners will never be able to hope on getting the extension for free.

Look at the over-all cost of buying direct versus resale. There is lower cost for closing on a direct purchase and you may also get a free years worth of points. You also don't have to go through the potential ROFR and closing time of resale.

Disney direct only sells extended contracts at OKW. I believe that 156 is the correct price. I see resale OKW extended go for about 110-118 listed.

As for the legal thing that is for those that didn't sign the Quit Claim deed. In order for ownership to change DVC requires the Quit Claim to be signed thus any new owners will never be able to hope on getting the extension for free.

This answers absolutely everything, thank you! I’ve got a good sense of our options now.

Look at the over-all cost of buying direct versus resale. There is lower cost for closing on a direct purchase and you may also get a free years worth of points. You also don't have to go through the potential ROFR and closing time of resale.

Yes! I do think we’ll end up opting for SSR resale, but that 156 direct price for OKW is TEMPTING to lose some hassle now and not have the resale restrictions apply with new resorts to come.

We just purchased OKW for $155 pp direct from Disney this past weekend. Our contract is for 38 years. It seems like buying 3rd party resale at around $100 pp is a much better value, but only if you are not interested in staying at their newest resorts or if you need the perks. We are re-thinking our purchase. mmm

We closed on an OKW 2042 resale contract a few weeks ago. I never saw or had to sign a Quit Claim in the process. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We were also choosing between SSR and OKW - our two favorite resorts on property. Ultimately went with OKW because we have 3 children, and their 1 bedroom villas actually sleep 5 without having to bring your own bedding. Don’t care about trading into new resorts. Don’t go often or long enough for APs. 2042 end date doesn’t bother us - we will buy another contract if we are still actively wanting to go as that time draws closer. We were able to pay in cash going the resale route.

I never saw or had to sign a Quit Claim in the process.
You would not have signed it the seller would have had to. DVC is apparently fairly strict in order to sell the seller needs to sign. I'm sure your deed makes reference to the title going back to DVC in 2042 or references another document that states that.

I just bought OKW direct (exp 2057) at 156!

You would not have signed it the seller would have had to. DVC is apparently fairly strict in order to sell the seller needs to sign. I'm sure your deed makes reference to the title going back to DVC in 2042 or references another document that states that.

We bought an OKW extended resale two years ago and the extended date is not listed anywhere. It is not on the deed it was not on any of the closing paperwork. The only place it is referenced is if I call DVC and ask them.

We bought an OKW extended resale two years ago and the extended date is not listed anywhere. It is not on the deed it was not on any of the closing paperwork. The only place it is referenced is if I call DVC and ask them.
Correct my comment was the Deed would reference the ownership going back to DVC in 2042 if it wasn't extended or would reference another document that stated this. If you have an extended contract I would suspect no mention of it being extended because the individual Deeds weren't extended. What was extended was the Ground Lease thus the leasehold condo lasts until that extension date, which is exactly what your Deed says it is subject too if I were to take a guess (in fact 99.999999% certain it states its subject to the ground lease directly or references a prior deed that states that).

My point was if the seller (original owner of OKW) owned it but never bought the extension or signed the ownership back to DVC in 2042, DVC won't allow a transfer of ownership until they sign the quit claim deed (giving ownership back to DVC in 2042). Thus the person I was responding to as a resale buyer could never hope to get a "free" extension like some of the original owners. As they are very explicitly buying something that reverts to DVC in 2042 if it isn't extended.

While the minimum purchase is 50, I don't believe that extends all of the benefits. I recall being told by a Guide that there was a higher buy-in requirement to get the additional benefits... 100 points seems to be stuck in my brain.
To get the Membership Extras you must in aggregate have 75 qualifying points (as that is the current minimum).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter