OKW 1st Time

atathomas

Earning My Ears
Hello all! This December, my family will be renting a studio villa at OKW for 9 days/8 nights (renting points). This is our first time at a Deluxe resort and our first time at OKW. I've watched a view videos and read a bit about the resort. As far as room requests go, what's the best bet? We'll be hitting the parks for 6 days (all of them!) so transportation is a big concern. Bonus question: favorite little detail about OKW? Thank y'all :)

I love Olivia’s; we even try to stop in even if we’re not staying at OKW. if your reservation is for “near Hospitality House”, you’ll be close to a couple of the bus stops.

“near Hospitality House”, you’ll be close to a couple of the bus stops.
That would be my recommendation as well. That or Turtle Cove section (my sister's favorite), which has a nice pool and BBQ area. We prefer near the hospitality house for restaurant, store and gym convenience, and the better pool.

We have stayed in the Peninsular Road area which is close to Hospitality House.

As close to hospitality house as you can get. Olivia’s is great. We are not park people so we love the pool, the kids programs, the boat to Disney Springs. It’s our favorite resort.

We have stayed at OKW twice but it’s been a few years.

We enjoyed the boat ride to DS. Olivias was very good. We rode a Surrey around the resort....lol

We stayed one time right across parking lot from HH. But I preferred when we stayed right over bridge from HH first set of villas on right. We had a much pretty view and it still was close to everything.

It’s a pretty and very peaceful resort. A nice place to come home to after the parks. Plus, all the villas are huge! Enjoy

You know that most of the buildings do not have elevators, right?

My wife and I have stayed there twice in the past year. We love the laid back atmosphere. We have stayed close to a pool both times and really enjoy the short walk to the pools after a morning in the parks. We drive, so we really like that we can basically park right outside our room. As a result, we really do not use bus transportation much. Being able to ride the boat to Disney Springs is a great relaxing little bonus.

We are OKW fans and veterans of many stays. The Hospitality House area is convenient to amenities but harder to get due to popularity. It is also the last bus stop before leaving the resort, and during busy times you might end up standing or not even getting on the bus if it's full. No matter which area you stay in, you can hop on any bus (except Disney Springs) to get to the Hospitality House, since it's the last stop before leaving the resort. We enjoy staying at Peninsular Road area, which is right over the bridge from Hospitality House, as it's the first bus stop (out of 5). We also enjoy Turtle Pond, which is the third bus stop. There is a nice pool there as well as a laundry and a seasonal snack bar. You can join a guide for a free one-hour tour of some resort history and points of interest at 10am on select mornings. Buildings 62, 63 and 64 are the only ones with elevators, but if you have a scooter and can't get one of those buildings, you can leave your scooter on the ground floor under cover and plug it in to recharge at the other buildings. Olivia's is a casual full-service restaurant with really good food. The boats to Disney Springs are a relaxing and fun way to hit the dining and shopping venues. Enjoy your spacious room (2 queen beds!) and the laid-back atmosphere of this lovely resort.

... No matter which area you stay in, you can hop on any bus (except Disney Springs) to get to the Hospitality House, since it's the last stop before leaving the resort. ...
You can hop even the Disney Springs bus (usually noted as the Internal bus as well) because both the first and last stop will be at the Hospitality House. It's getting back to your area that you need to ask if the bus is headed around the resort or leaving the resort (meaning first stop at HH or last stop at HH - it stops both first and last on that run). If you are Turtle Pond or South Point, you can walk over to the Peninsular Rd bus stop, hot any bus that stops there and head back to SP or TP. Millers Rd works, too, but it's not that far a walk from the HH area.

Near HH area buildings are 11-14, 23-26.

okwmap_-_newest_coded_map_op_599x800.jpg

We stayed in the HH which you have to book. We asked for a building right over the bridge, got #26. It has the first bus stop, so we were guaranteed a seat, and the walk to the main pool and buildings was enjoyable and not too far.

We love the resort. Check out the activites near the main pool. Have a great time.

Love the map. I posted early but now I can be more exact. We stayed in buildings 13 and 23.

23 was my favorite. Good view and close to HH.

Don’t get the Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken. It is reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant at $21.00. You’ll want to eat it several times. I find it so good that is the only thing I get from Olivia’s. Usually eat it about 2 times when we stay at OKW. When we stay at other resorts we try to get to Olivia’s for a meal. You can order from Olivia’s menu when your at the Gurgling Suitcase. It is small, usually full, but there is a couple of tables with chairs around the corner to sit at that are usually empty. Have fun on your trip. We have a Grand Villa booked this fall. I can’t wait.

We are actually the minority who don't like being near HH. We had a view of the entry road from our villa last time until we moved after asking to move. The beauty of OKW to us is the peace and hearing cars and buses all day and night wasn't that for us.

We are actually the minority who don't like being near HH. We had a view of the entry road from our villa last time until we moved after asking to move. The beauty of OKW to us is the peace and hearing cars and buses all day and night wasn't that for us.
That is the only issue we have with OKW. Most of the villas have busses and golf carts driving by it seems like every few minutes from 7AM- midnight. I’m a light sleeper, but luckily with a white noise machine I can sleep thru all the traffic. The long days of walking through the parks help tire is out too, that and the heat. I think SSR is the quietest DVC resort for noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter