Okay! Throwdown, with your help...

We are booked at the Fort for next August. We are borrowing a 35' RV...can't wait!! We reserved a premium site and I know it has all the hook ups. I have a few questions (I apologize if these have been asked previously): Is the wi-fi just like they have at the parks and other resorts or is a router required? My son will have his xbox with him and if he cannot connect, well there wouldn't be enough alcohol at Epcot for mom and dad to deal with that. As for cable, once you connect the cable to the RV does the tv become just like a tv in any Disney resort? Would love to have that Disney info channel showing park & show times. I heard that the trading post offers cable wiring; is that for purchase or rental and about what does that cost? Also, which premium loop would you recommend? We are renting a golf cart so we don't need to be close to the pools or marina. I would like to get something that has shade and doesn't have a difficult back-up since my husband has never driven an RV before (but he will practice a lot before we go lol). I appreciate any and all help and tips. :goofy:pluto::goofy:

We are booked at the Fort for next August. We are borrowing a 35' RV...can't wait!! We reserved a premium site and I know it has all the hook ups. I have a few questions (I apologize if these have been asked previously): Is the wi-fi just like they have at the parks and other resorts or is a router required? My son will have his xbox with him and if he cannot connect, well there wouldn't be enough alcohol at Epcot for mom and dad to deal with that. As for cable, once you connect the cable to the RV does the tv become just like a tv in any Disney resort? Would love to have that Disney info channel showing park & show times. I heard that the trading post offers cable wiring; is that for purchase or rental and about what does that cost? Also, which premium loop would you recommend? We are renting a golf cart so we don't need to be close to the pools or marina. I would like to get something that has shade and doesn't have a difficult back-up since my husband has never driven an RV before (but he will practice a lot before we go lol). I appreciate any and all help and tips. :goofy:pluto::goofy:
You'd be better off asking this question in the Camping at Disney World Board.

I booked a stay at BWV to check them out-- now I just need to find a contract that is between 100-125 points. Haven't seen one yet, and I'm checking 9 sites!😅

When BWV opened, the minimum purchase for new members was something like 160 points. Existing members (only OKW, VB & HHI existed at the time) could buy fewer points if they wanted to add on, but most contracts were probably to new members (like us!). So you'll probably find more contracts if you increase the number of points you want. (We bought two 150-point contracts, but we're not selling either one yet, sorry.)

I love BWV! The only "plus" I give to BCV (because I don't care about the pool), is that they have a quick-service/store inside. Meaning, if it's raining outside, you don't have to walk out in the rain to get a refill in your resort mug. I like the Boardwalk Bakery and the store at the BWV, but if it's raining out, you have to walk through the rain to get to them.

lobby at BCV smells better than BWV. Plus there's no creepy clown at BCV pool.

Notwithstanding the clown, the slide is much better at BWV b/c at SAB, you have to leave the pool area to get to the stairs. So not the greatest if you have kids you are trying to keep an eye on.

We own at both, and BWV is the constant winner for my family, as well as all our guests that have tried both. BWV has wonderful views, with lots to do (nighttime entertainment, painting/ crafts, etc), and Community Hall ❤ BCV is lovely, but tends to be VERY noisy, with an insanely crowded pool (think public pool on a "free entry day" - not conducive to actually swimming or any sort of relaxation). Btw, we have been offered BCV when BWV was unavailable (there always seems to be room at BCV when we're going :confused3 ); we decided to change our vacation dates so we could stay at BWV - it's just THAT good!

The best of both worlds was when we stayed at BWV but were given access to Stormalong Bay because the clown pool was being renovated. :rotfl2:

We are BWV owners and love the standard points option--that is why we purchased it. However, if you are a pool family, you should strongly consider Beach Club. (Although if you have young children, that pool is a pain because the slide does go outside of the pool area.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!