OK I need a little help..OK a LOT

UkraineMom

Earning My Ears
I plan to go to Orlando in July we are staying for 16 nights but I don't know how to get the best deals on airfare, hotel, tickets, rental car etc.... I would love any help you all can give.... Mickey Here I come

Ukraine Mom,
Start your planning by diligently reading through these forums. You don't have much time to plan. Read the Disney Resorts board especially, as well as the Budget Board. I'm assuming you're staying onsite ? After you've gotten your resort picked out, start reading the Disney Restaurants and Theme Park board.
You may find this site helpful also : http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html as well as this site : http://www.allearsnet.com/

Get started on this now.....you have alot of catching up to do ! ;) :flower:
Also......welcome to the DIS :wave2:

Well, I don't think we can really afford to stay on site.... we are going for SO long and really want to save as much as possible... We are kinda dumb when it comes to booking all of this... we usually tent camp on vacation.... I have so many questions but I am not sure where to post them like...

Where to stay if you GASP can't afford to stay on property?
Is it worth moving to spend at least 1 day on property?
Where to get groceries?
Where to rent a car?
Where to eat?
Where to get the cheapest tickets?
etc etc etc....

I know this isn't the right forum.... just please point me in the right direction :)

Ukraine Mom,
First go to this board http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 to post questions about offsite accomodations. There are many very nice timeshare that you could stay at in the area. Some people use a site called skyauction.com to bid on timeshare weeks for really low prices. You really need to secure hotel and airfare (unless you plan to drive down) first, so take one step at a time. Good luck. You'll do fine, you just have alot of homework to do.
Where to get groceries?
There are many Publix and super Walmarts in the WDW area. Once you secure a hotel, ask what store is the closest to that hotel.

Where to rent a car?
I'm assuming you're flying. Check out the car rental agencies "inside" the airport. They are more convenient than taking a shuttle bus outside the airport to pick up the car : http://www.orlandoairports.net:/goaa/main.htm Click on the "parking and transportation" to see which car rental agencies are inside the airport.

Try here for discounted tickets : http://www.ticketmania.com/discounttickets.shtml

Alot of the questions you're listing here can be found in those web sites I sent in my previous post. If you look through them you will find ALOT of valuable information. First read through them, than ask specific questions about what you don't understand. It's sort of difficult for people to help at this point because you don't have too much of a game plan. So read and come back and ask away. Good luck again :flower:

Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Put your questions about tickets on Theme Parks, food on restaurants etc...if you split your questions up on the right boards you will get lots of responses.

UkraineMom said:
Well, I don't think we can really afford to stay on site.... we are going for SO long and really want to save as much as possible... We are kinda dumb when it comes to booking all of this... we usually tent camp on vacation.... I have so many questions but I am not sure where to post them like...

Where to stay if you GASP can't afford to stay on property?
Is it worth moving to spend at least 1 day on property?

I know this isn't the right forum.... just please point me in the right direction :)

As someone else mentioned there is the potential for renting a timeshare. I have never done this myself so I cannot provide expertise. However I have stayed on property many times, and I can tell you if you have enough money to stay in a hotel, there is very little reason to stay off property.

The Disney All-Star Resorts cost approximately the same as most decent hotels off property. They usually cost in the 80-100 range per night, but I have seen them for under 70 during specials. The bottom line is you won't get a much cheaper price than that off property...and if you do, you will have to be wary of where you are staying. I have stayed off property, and while there are some good deals and safe locales, not all deals are so good once you consider all options.

Staying on property has huge advantages, some of which save you money. For instance, free parking at the parks and the hotel. If you are going to the parks every day, you will have to pay parking every day if you stay offsite. Or if a shuttle brings you from an off-property hotel, you will need to follow their schedule for pickup and drop-off times. This might mean missing a fireworks show just to catch the bus. Disney buses on the other hand run all day so you can come and go as you need to, or choose to.

Another huge advantage, especially if you have kids, is Disney security. They are on call 24/7, and while nothing is 100% you are a lot safer on property than rolling the dice off property.

Take a look at mousesavers.com and try to get a good deal on the all stars. I doubt you will have any regrets staying on property vs. a hotel elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter