OK how do these choices look for variety?

lisaross

DIS Veteran
OK i've changed so many ti mes - this is our first family trip and we have the free dining - i'm not so interested in getting the most for my money, but just everyone enjoying!

here it goes

Sunday arrival day - Dnr dtd wolfgang pucks
Monday - lunch Garden Grill Epcot - CS dnr at CBR resort
Tuesday - lunch Plaza Restaurant MK - CS dnr either at resort or MK
Wednesday - lunch Sci-Fi MGM - cs dnr at mgm while waiting for Fantasmic
Thursday - lunch Crystal Palace - CS dnr at resort
Friday - Dnr at JIKO - will use the kids TS they will eat at the kids club oop
Saturday - Dnr at Chef Mickey
Sunday - Dnr at Coral Reef

At first i was thinking too many buffets??? but i spread them out. we have two boys 4 & 6 - i bigger one loves characters -- not so much the younger -- will i be able to have my bigger one go over with the characters yet keep the characters away from the younger???

Also, do you guys do a back up TS in case you miss an ADR?? for example, i'm thinking of booking a TS dnr at my hotel for Thur night just incase we miss an ADR any day prior???? of course i'd cancel if need be.

thanx for looking

lisa

Okay - here goes....Overall I think the plan looks good. At first glance, I'm a little curious why you have so many sit down lunches, and QS dinners....but if that's is what you prefer, that's absolutely fine. We tend to do the reverse. At night we're tired, and prefer a quiet dinner. In the afternoon we tend to want to eat quickly, and head back to the rides, but that's just us. If you're not sure how long the little ones will hold out, your plan is probably a better choice for your family, but I'm just guessing.

I'm not certain which Wolfgang Puck's you mean. WE've always found the quickservice place to be excellent, but we were a little disappointed at the fancier Wofgang Puck's. Maybe it was just our server. Also, they sort of use some unexpected ingredients in some food items (hazelnut oil in the salad dressing). The pizza there looked excellent though.

Our favorite QS at MGM is Pizza Planet. Not the best pizza ever, but the location is kind of cool, esp. if you're a Toy Story fan.

We love CS. We've never been for lunch, but the place is really nice.

Never dined at Jiko, but Boma is great. AKL is beautiful. Be sure to allow time to explore the resort (if it isn't your home resort).

Chef Mickey's is great. As for the characters, having them stay past their welcome has never been a problem. In fact, I've often felt the opposite. They spend at least twice as long at tables with autograph books, so if you want more interaction, be sure to have one and an oversized pen to go with it. If not, they really won't stay long, esp. if the little one is scared. for the most part, the characters come to your table, and you are discouraged from going over to them. A few places have a character in the lobby, but most come to your table.

Why would you miss an ADR? If you are a few minutes late getting there, they will usually seat you anyhow. An ADR is not a reservation - they give you the next available table, so there aren't really any vacant tables waiting for late guests. It's best to arrive early, but if you get stuck, they can usually help. You may end up waiting a lot longer for a table if you are late though. Otherwise, you can always use a fastpass later than the time printed on it - so better to miss a fastpass time than an ADR.
If you must cancel an ADR, you can often get something else. The best time to call is early in the morning. If you know you won't make an ADR, it's best to call before the ADR to cancel. Plus, you can always use TS credits at QS restaurants.

No, I don't think that is too many buffets. Outside of WDW, I really dislike buffets, but at WDW they have all been excellent. One does have to be careful to avoid overeating, but buffets are really a very efficient way to serve food, and are great for kids at WDW: they can try new things, they aren't stuck eating off a kid's menu (where the only veggie is french fries).

i have not heard this.....

Yes, i'm planning more lunches because i'm not sure if we'll still be in the parks for dnr - i'd rather leave b4 they get nutty! the dnrs are for the days we'll be getting to the parks later and staying for the firework shows.

I'm talking about the Wolf gank puck Cafe??? i've heard pretty good reviews -

I was originally going to do the Boma buffet for all of us, but then decided to have anice sit down instead at JIKO and let the kids play in the clubhouse! My husband and i never get out without the kids so it will be nice for us, and i'm sure the kids will have fun playing with the other kids.

I'm not a big fan of Buffets, but my husband likes them and i figure the kids will enjoy them as well.

My older son will definitly have an autograph book -- so will the younger one, but who knows if he'll get the courage to use it.

We will be staying at the CBR -- I'd love to have the CS dnrs by the pool relaxing after a day at the parks.

thanks for your response

lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter